Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: proper installation  (Read 497 times)

wickedswami

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
proper installation
« on: July 30, 2010, 02:30:14 pm »

Hi everyone, I just started playing DF a few weeks ago and started with this tutorial to get things started.
All went fine until i came to the part of dwarf manager, which didn't seem to be working the way it should (I couldn't chose any options in the 'set profession' thingy, I could only chose "none").
After doing some research, I found out that dwarf therapist is the new way to go, so i searched and installed that. Then, therapist gave me an error about not being able to 'talk' to my version of DF (i dl'd the version that the tutorial told me to) so I deleted that one, and dl'd and installed the latest new version. However, with this new verion:
-hotkeys have changed (for the worse, imo)
-graphics have changed (for the worse, imo. See pic)

-dwarf therapist still gives me the same error.
-for some reason i feel like the new version requires a lot more effort form my computer, world creation&loading goes a lot slower, in game things just 'feel' slower, i'm not sure.

Can anyone tell me how I should install this properly so I have the least bugs/weird stuff going on (=latest stable version?) and I can use either dwarf manager or therapist properly?

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
Re: proper installation
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 02:32:38 pm »

Lazy Newb Pack is your best friend.

edit: Added link
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

wickedswami

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: proper installation
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:31:36 pm »

thx a lot, that seems to be exactly what I was looking for :)