Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition  (Read 31697 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2010, 05:54:26 pm »

Nothing in this game costs anything, only takes more time to build.
Which really doesn't matter (only if we are at war with people who keep launching attacks and building new ships).

But what I wanted to say is that it's impossible to make such a ship lower than TL10, and it would take hours to build, and to really make it rescue ships could be a hassle. Don't forget that wormholes are taking ages to load.

It's insteresting however, in some situations. Like if the ship's hold is full of goods & money, or if you bought it, and it's stranded (can't respawn), then you'll need to rescue it.
But again, why would you do all that to rescue a ship that only require 2 clicks to build/easy to manually repair?
It would only require a quick repair to systems and around 100 units of hydrogen.
So no, I don't think there's a need for it, but it would be cool to see one of these.
Also, a TL7 ship takes one hour to build.

About 15x15, I don't remember how big is my ship, so I can't answer that.
Of course TL7+ ships are bigger than that.

...for the sake of a less effective design that is aesthetically pleasing and that has an easy-to-understand layout.
Well, then we are talking about different things. As I said, ship design is individual. You do it for aesthetics ATM, I'm doing it for combat.
A faster ship can be really helpful if you want to get out of enemy weapon bay range. A TL7 can do 17.000 damage in 1 shot depending on how the bay was designed.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2010, 06:14:58 pm »

Would the smallest possible ship be:

XXXX
XPHD
XLGX
XXXX
XFX
XXX

4x6x2

X=Wall
H=Helm
D=Hull Door
P=Powerplant
L=Life Support
G=Gravity Drive
F=Fuel Tank
?

Or do you need the other consoles?

Would a NPC-ready fighter be:
XXXXXX
XPCHBX
XPTT_D
XLLGLX
XXXXXX
XFFFFX
XXXXXX

6x7x(2? 3?)
2 troops 1 officer
C=Captain's Chair
T=Top turret, over empty space.
B=One tile Barraks with a Berth and no walls
?

The first crewman doesnt need a bunk, right? Or is that just with PCs?

EDIT: Oh, some things are smaller than hull squares... Good...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:23:59 pm by Matz05 »

Disaster!

• Bay Watcher
  • Criminal Scum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2010, 01:58:14 pm »

It will need some work. I need your suggestions for the layout and administration.

But it is usable at least.

armokcoalition.freeforums.org

For your posting pleasure.
At some time in the future, the civilisation generator will acheive the complexity for self-awareness and independent thought.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2010, 06:10:22 pm »

Looks good but probably needs a sub forum for all the Empires.

Disaster!

• Bay Watcher
  • Criminal Scum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2010, 07:22:05 pm »

Looks good but probably needs a sub forum for all the Empires.

Done. Well, many of them have been done but my eyes got tired so they rest will be done by request.

Australia is one of the ones I did.
At some time in the future, the civilisation generator will acheive the complexity for self-awareness and independent thought.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2010, 10:07:35 pm »

Looks awesome!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2010, 11:41:19 pm »

Yeah, you should probably get rid of Australia, I couldn't get anyone to join so I joined Starborn Dominion

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2010, 11:48:49 pm »

So uh, I guess you guys don't want Starborn Dominion? Already made several posts requesting to join, before some of the later ones even posted :P

Pssh, fine, be that way. My fleet of TL15 warships are on their way! To uh, someone... nearby... where are you guys again?

;D
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Disaster!

• Bay Watcher
  • Criminal Scum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2010, 11:45:02 am »

Your post wasn't visible enough Paul. You need a big shiny flag to make your post stand out!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2010, 11:53:10 am »

So uh, I guess you guys don't want Starborn Dominion? Already made several posts requesting to join, before some of the later ones even posted :P

Pssh, fine, be that way. My fleet of TL15 warships are on their way! To uh, someone... nearby... where are you guys again?

;D

Alehkhs, stop ignoring him!
hahahaha
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2010, 01:24:56 pm »

I would like to join this coalition. The Istrianian Empire has blossomed to a beatiful civilization under His watchfull eye, and we are ready to join in this effort to grow together. We have 10 intelligent citizens, and 3000 redshirts, and are located primarly in the Bejoz sector.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2010, 02:28:53 pm »

;D

Alehkhs, stop ignoring him!
hahahaha

Fine fine! Ruin my fun...

Starborn Dominion
Istriania

Added to the coalition member powers

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2010, 02:37:46 pm »

the link for me in the OP is wrong (here), should be here.

I'll update it in a minute or two.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2010, 04:00:03 pm »

Information on Istriania:

Our old home system (in the Bejoz sector) currently has 4 colonized worlds, being the starting planet and its moon, and an infernal and frigid planet, and there is a second habitable planet which we will colonize soon. The sector capital here has 800 citizens and the system has all resources that we needed so far, plus vulcium. We didn't check for any of the rare atmospheric gases yet. Wormholes open to an allied neighbour (Friskaer) and our outpost system, New Indignus, with a habitable moon. Two wormholes beyond that system is our current capital, Indignus, in the Unimatrix sector. Population is a healthy maximum of 2500 odd. And then there is the outpost of EagleV (I swear, I didn't choose that name myself ;) )

We have currently 10 players, half of which are regularly active. I am the pope with Mraedis as my Cardinal, the other positions are determined by voting.

About diplomacy: our closest neighbours are friendly, however we were recently attacked by a military empire. We managed to fend of the attack, and as a result the capital was moved from our original system to Indignus. The enemy empire, BSID, seems concentrated on other targets at the moment, and if it is required, we can rely on the Friskaers to help us.

Our flag had to be simple, and recognizable to all members of TAC immediately:

We're still at tech level 2, but that is changing rapidly. We do not really need more players, so if you want to join, you might want to join someone who is desperately looking for companions. If you want to join us, pm me and I'll open immigration for a moment - the request doesn't really seem to work.

Greetings from the faraway Bejoz sector.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:21 am »

I created the Thellian Confederation.

I just started it today, so I'm alone and building up my home system.

And I just looked at the 3D galaxy view. We are in a very very small part of the galaxy. Damn.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13