Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armagetron Advance  (Read 1093 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armagetron Advance
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:51:11 am »

Armagetron is an awesome game, where you get to control a 'Light Cycle'. As you drive around this light cycle, it creates a wall. Crashing into a wall equals death. Throw in other players, and a few game modes, and you've got yourself a game!

All cycles on a server travel at the same speed. When you step on the breaks, or turn, the speed decreases, and slowly goes back to that set speed. When you are grinding (travelling RIGHT next to a wall), your speed increases, and goes down to normal slowly. This makes catching up to players somewhat easy, but they could turn right before you get there, making you crash!

There are many types of servers:
Deathmatch
Sumo: Battle in a tiny circle, leave the circle, and you die.
Fortress: Capture the enemies base, by cycling in it when no enemies are.
Capture the Flag
High Rubber: You can run into a wall without turning for a LONG time.

The site is at armagetronad.net. There is a wiki with tactics, and a download. I am currently on the High Rubber server...stop by!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Armagetron Advance
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:59:29 am »

oooh Tron
I got nothing

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:01:18 am »

Yay for tron! :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:46:24 am »

I love this game, I play it all the time! 'Bout time we had a thread here.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:28:38 pm »

I love this game, I play it all the time! 'Bout time we had a thread here.

WOOO!

I play on all the high rubber servers...so awesome :D

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »

The default rubber setting isn't to great, but 20-30 is pretty good.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »

The one I'm on has 24 rubber...
gives me time to THINK. But still need good reflexes, especially when in a box.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »

Yeah, that's around the sweet spot. Anything Higher and it gets very abusable. But at the default it's a little insane. (Especially when playing online.)