Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. OoC thread.  (Read 14046 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Interest Check.
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 06:29:42 pm »

I think this is what dragnar is referring to.

It's only a quick-start guide, but it is better than nothing.
And yes, that is a straight link to the download, no to the page the download is on.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 07:10:43 pm »

I think this is what dragnar is referring to.

It's only a quick-start guide, but it is better than nothing.
And yes, that is a straight link to the download, no to the page the download is on.
Ah, whoops, yeah that's it. I hadn't had a chance to take a look at it yet, thought it was more than that.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 12:50:19 am »

Alrighty then, prepare for hastily written and poorly thought out backstory.

___

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:06:43 pm by Lucus Casius »

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 03:12:17 pm »

so, any house rules we should know about?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 04:00:52 pm »

Houserules:

Chargen:
Items:

Additional houserules may be added by request. Same goes for homebrew. If you want it, ask nicely for it.

Solar Character Sheet:

Lunar Character Sheet:

To get the sheet you want, make sure you quote this post, then delete everything except the sheet. Otherwise you lose the formatting.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:09:23 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 05:57:25 pm »

Alright, backstory time:

Dragnar had been training as a soldier in a small military outpost on the fringes of civilization, though he rarely worked hard at it due to his knack at never being around when his superiors showed up. He was skilled in combat, defeating most other recruits with his great agility, though he was a bit lacking in strength. Unfortunately, before his training was complete, the outpost was attacked by a massive group of barbarian marauders. The outpost's defenses didn't stand a chance, and were swiftly crushed. Dragnar and a small group of other recruits banded together to try and fight their way to safety, away from their attackers. Dragnar acted as a scout for the others, supposedly to warn them of any attackers. Instead, moving far ahead of the group, he quickly and efficiently killed or incapacitated any who stood in their way before setting out ahead, reaching the nearest town before the others even realized they were safe.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »

So, Dawn caste?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 06:28:03 pm »

You know what, as much as I think this is going to be really cool I think I need to not play. I do not think I have the know how (Books) to play this game and I do not want to slow you people down.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »

You know what, as much as I think this is going to be really cool I think I need to not play. I do not think I have the know how (Books) to play this game and I do not want to slow you people down.

I'd just like to point out that Exalted is relatively easy to play without the books, at least from my experience. So long as someone has the book on hand to look certain things up, and so long as you have it written down what your charms do, the majority of the game is either outright roleplay or relatively basic combat.

There generally aren't a lot of weird options to keep track of or anything, especially if you intentionally make a simple character.

Incidentally, I've dug up the book and would be willing to help anyone who wants it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 06:35:44 pm »

So, Dawn caste?
No, Night caste. I meant less "beating the invaders in a straight fight", more "backstabbing them all and then vanishing".

Also, I should have the core book(the full thing, not that quick-start I found) soon. I've been meaning to but some more Roleplaying books, and this sounds awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 06:42:13 pm »

Oh god what have I done. I was looking for Wyld-shaping charms and started drooling over Athletics charms instead.

To anyone who isn't aware, if there's any ridiculous feat of movement* you've ever seen or thought of, there's likely a charm for it.

*applies to most things, really.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 06:48:10 pm »

Well, aside from the quick-start Dragnar posted last page, I can help with books if you need Cryptfeind. Don't worry about slowing us down, it'll probably be Play by Post anyway.

This may sound bad, but believe it or not Exalted PbPs only seem to die when the ST loses the will to live. And the slowed down pace let's players make posts like this,* this, or this.

*This was a collaborative effort between four separate people using AIM to describe the coordinated beat-down we gave the enemy. It's part of why I find AIM so damn helpful. If annoying at times.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 08:57:29 pm »

Done, as far as I can see.  Let me know if I forgot anything.
---
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:35:40 pm by Lucus Casius »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 09:13:51 pm »

Well, crap.  I just realized I had the first edition handbook, not the second.  STARTING OVER.

Also, double post.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:04 am »

Well, I've been refining my character's backstory for a while now and working on his character sheet. Still haven't decided on a name though. I have three questions, however.

1: How does equipment and such work? I can't seem to find the rules for owning all sorts of mundane stuff, only artifacts. Do I need the Resources background choice just to own a javelin or something?
2: Where is this game located? I assume it's somewhere in the Threshold and not on the Blessed Isle itself, and the North is different from the South.
3: The description of Ox-Body Technique says I can make one purchase per dot of Resistance. Your house rules say I get one free purchase per dot of Stamina I have. I have five Stamina and only four Resistance. What happens?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9