Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. OoC thread.  (Read 14029 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Interest Check.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 12:12:36 pm »

If you're still accepting people, count me in.  Think I'll have an Eclipse Solar.

I've been wanting to try Exalted for a while, but I can never find a damned group IRL.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 12:51:49 pm »

Good to see that some people have the books. Do you think you could help out the bookless people with their char creation?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »

Bob (name in progress) was a minor dirt farmer on the edge of civilization. One day he was mediating a dispute between two other dirt farms when he was Exalted, a shard of a long dead Eclipse was integrated into his soul. The argument ended up with bob owning both farms. He left his dirt farming village to go see more of the world and find out if his power was truly demonic. (there may have been a angry mob involved as well) He has since learned that he has a way with words that borders on magic and his physical strength is much much more than before. He has also realized that he is better than everybody else and is going though the process to become a megalomaniac. His fighting style is characterized by making the enemies confused and unsure of themselves, sometimes even turning against their companions. Then he strikes them down as they turn their backs.

Obviously I need a better name but I do not know what is good for the setting, also I do not know if they can do that but it should give the jest of his powers as a controller and somewhat behind the scenes man.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 01:29:18 pm »

Obviously I need a better name but I do not know what is good for the setting, also I do not know if they can do that but it should give the jest of his powers as a controller and somewhat behind the scenes man.

Creation's a big place, so you can probably have any name you like. Most canon names are vaguely oriental-sounding or outright phrases/titles, like "Harmonious Jade."

I've always been partial to Abyssal Exalted names myself, which tend to be really long titles. Glorious Black Angel of the Darkest Windswept Plain and Callous Hand of Fate's Fickle Game are going on an adventure! That's right, only two of them!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 01:34:00 pm »

Bob (name in progress) was a minor dirt farmer on the edge of civilization. One day he was mediating a dispute between two other dirt farms when he was Exalted, a shard of a long dead Eclipse was integrated into his soul. The argument ended up with bob owning both farms. He left his dirt farming village to go see more of the world and find out if his power was truly demonic. (there may have been a angry mob involved as well) He has since learned that he has a way with words that borders on magic and his physical strength is much much more than before. He has also realized that he is better than everybody else and is going though the process to become a megalomaniac. His fighting style is characterized by making the enemies confused and unsure of themselves, sometimes even turning against their companions. Then he strikes them down as they turn their backs.

Yes, they can do that. Quite easily.

However, a fight between dirt farmers isn't EPIC enough. EPIC has to be in capitals, you see.

If he mediated an win-win agreement between the dirt-farming village and the local gods of the harvest for example, or (Since Eclipse Abilities are Bureaucracy, Linguistics, Ride, Sail and Socialize) if he tried to fly a stricken airship through a unnatural and terrible storm while inventing a new language in his head and convincing his men they were, in fact, in the middle of a fairly pleasant breeze, then jumped on a random animal from 50 feet up and proceeded to gallop all the way to the nearest town for help.

I might have got carried away there.

Creation's a big place, so you can probably have any name you like. Most canon names are vaguely oriental-sounding or outright phrases/titles, like "Harmonious Jade."

I've always been partial to Abyssal Exalted names myself, which tend to be really long titles. Glorious Black Angel of the Darkest Windswept Plain and Callous Hand of Fate's Fickle Game are going on an adventure! That's right, only two of them!

Seventh Sanctum has a great random generator for names like that.

Also: "Solars are the best at everything, but results may vary based on shininess and gothitude".
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 01:43:56 pm »

Only to true, I will need another back story for Sunrise Royal.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 01:56:23 pm »

Seeing as my knowledge of Exalted is limited to Keychain of Creation, I'll have a backstory up after I do a bit of research.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 03:30:43 pm »

Yeah, I'm about as limited as dragnar. I've seen the full text of some charms, but otherwise I'm limited to what KoC has told me.

Anyway, for a backstory:
So there was this city, right? And there was, like, a giant horde of evil mans that were marching towards it to rape, loot and pillage. But the city had a powerful weapon. Like, real powerful, so powerful that if they used it once they could see the evil mans, they'd blow up half the city as well. The mans knew this, so they went a circuitous route using the nearby mountains and forest for cover.

But when they were crossing the mountains, they saw a lonely figure standing further down the trail, bearing the colors of the city. And despite the fact that the evil archermans were raining arrows down on him, he didn't run. He lit a firework, shot it up towards the heavens, and waited.

And then the mountain range was significantly smaller.

Is that any good?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »

Yes, that's a good rough outline.

Sounds like a Zenith, as well. They don't back down and they can take a lot of punishment.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »

Good to see that some people have the books. Do you think you could help out the bookless people with their char creation?
I only have the core rulebook, but I'm guessing that will be enough for character creation.  Sure.

Let me look through it before creating a somewhat dull back story for my character which I will expand over time.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 05:20:35 pm »

I now have the core rulebook... completely legally... (actually, yes, it was a free download I found linked to on their website)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »

Oh, really? That's cool. Can you give the link for the others?

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 05:23:58 pm »

I now have the core rulebook... completely legally... (actually, yes, it was a free download I found linked to on their website)
If it's legal, link it.

Ninja'd.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 05:33:54 pm »

Wait, this is done by White Wolf isn't it? I heard they did some stunt involving free PDF distribution of Exalted once, because of WotC's bungled management of PDFs. I thought that only lasted a week though.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 05:57:02 pm »

Actually, this looks pretty good, pitty i probably wont have time, can you post highlights in this thread?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9