Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reproduction  (Read 1491 times)

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reproduction
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 06:01:50 pm »

My dwarves grow up on their "12 years old" thing. That means that they are 12 years old at grow-up.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 06:38:13 pm »

Hmm. I set it to 1:2, and I think that one baby turned adult at age two.. lemme check.

Yep, says he's a 2 year old adult.

EDIT: Oh, I have one other kid who came as a migrant before I modded; he's eleven or twelve now, and hasn't turned adult. Think he ever will?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:40:04 pm by FreakyCheeseMan »
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 06:52:45 pm »

Don't know, if he doesn't, you've found out how to make the 'Kids' from Skycrawlers. :P
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 08:02:14 pm »

Okay I checked it and I was wrong, it's definitely the age, sorry for the confusion.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 09:17:23 pm »

Hmm. I set it to 1:2, and I think that one baby turned adult at age two.. lemme check.

Yep, says he's a 2 year old adult.

EDIT: Oh, I have one other kid who came as a migrant before I modded; he's eleven or twelve now, and hasn't turned adult. Think he ever will?

The game checks periodically for when kids gain age; this is probably on their birthday. At your eleven year-old's next birthday, he should grow up.

Also, there is a slight issue with childhoods of less than 12  years. On occasion, a migrant child will be old enough to be an adult, but will only grow up when he or she reaches his birthday. However, this probably will not be an issue for your specific fort.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 [2]