Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TOMEDEAD SUCCESSION[uses unfinished unique mod]  (Read 1685 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
TOMEDEAD SUCCESSION[uses unfinished unique mod]
« on: July 29, 2010, 09:02:20 am »

Hello. I am anymattar. Here I organize tomedead. a succession game that uses some minor mod parts I am making.
The game will start in the FIRST year, meaning that I will not take my turn.

=======================================RULES=========================================
Ok, as with most succession games the rules are the same. you get one year and as soon as spring arrives, you save the game, upload the file and tell us where we can download it from. You are given two days notice to start playing and you will be given a maximum of 5 days to finish your one year. Players may go twice but only if someone else plays in between.

ALSO: There will be no dwarfing. It only consumes time.

=======================================STORY========================================
So where to start...?

Fallen, was the empire of dwarfs. At a land long forgotten, the alliance of dwarfs, humans, elfs and ofther lost bloods was ruined at the great battle. the blood of us was spilled so much that the land there became barren and dead, and turned to sand blood red.

But when we arrived no peace did we find. for the land was corrupted by an evil mind. he forged out men who we had not ever seen. he forced out armies that crushed our soul. but still we kept fighting. Soon al we knew was fighting. Goblins, humans, Elfs, the tribesmen... and the evil ones.

Some what you know my son is only these walls. but out there is mutch more. but you must not go for it is dangerous.
There will be many secrets that we will uncover at the new outpost... But not now. Now you must rest little one.

Quick! Wake up. We must run. the gates are oped. run! RUN!!! run to the valleys, there they will not expect you. take this hammer and hit it against a half buried bell. They will find you. warn them. tell them to run and prepare a home for all the dwarfs of this land; for there will be no other homes for them left.

here we are, Tomedead!

Tomedead is the last dwarven outpost. The last mountain hall was raided and destroyed by goblins and...other creatures. But that shalt not happen to Tomedead. Tomedead is and outpost seated on the best cliff spot our dwarves could find. Sadly it is right between the goblins and...... Anyway, we shall build a great dwarven palace and prove that we are dwarfs!!!

Also with the advances of tech this should not be a problem for us but, alas, some evil dwarf traitor gave the plans of our weapons to enemies and others. This WILL be a tough battle.

TURNS:
N/A so far.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:17:35 am by antymattar »

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TOMEDEAD SUCCESSION[uses unfinished unique mod]
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:04:33 am »

placeholder.

I will also submit the download places here.

first save

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:06:51 am by antymattar »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:20:55 am »

Great. You started a succession game. You didn't coordinate the starting point with players. You didn't even POST the map. You didn't say what the mod consisted of. You didn't tell what you embarked with. You haven't even attempted to write a story beyond the usual "Apocalypse is here, you are the only hope". You just threw in the save and told us "go on, play that!". Epic decision, I must say...

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:23:23 am »

Thanks, I guess. I didn't talk about the mod because thats for me to know and for you to find out ;).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 09:31:03 am »

Let me guess. Any tables start emitting a deadly smoke after two years that kills all who inhale it? Any dwarf who sees a kitten goes berserk? Water is deadly? All civilizations are destroyed?

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 09:33:36 am »

Oh... Im not saying a word. Tho I did mention something about dwarf traitors didn't I? Ok, I'l tell you one thing. DWARFS CAN NOW BEAT ENEMIES WITH BEER CROGS!!! :)) and thats just one weapon. no more out of me tho. just participate.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:44:33 am »

For some reason I feel more inclined to go to some other succession game where author at least bothered to post a map, a short story and to take a turn himself instead of just giving out a save with a mod that player must figure out by himself... If you wanted the people to see your mod SO MUCH you could just post the raws for them to gen the world and embark as they wish.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 09:45:31 am »

I would post a map but I DONT KNOW HOW!!! If you want a story then here you go.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 11:25:56 am »

well you could always download a basic drawing software and trace the general outline of the fort embark location.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 12:01:44 pm »

God Damn it! CHECK YOU DAMN SPELLING BEFORE YOU POST.
I almost would've joined this if it weren't for the fact I couldn't understand what you tried to say.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 12:20:47 am »

FOR CRYSTS SAKE, CANT WE JUST DO THIS THING!? I AM LATVIAN AND 13! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 12:41:24 am »

Who's crysts? And that image is broken. Don't be so surprised this's yet to start. You gave us no map, no information as to what is different, and too little encouragement. Start yourself.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 12:59:54 am »

Damn, I'm still working on my original succession mod and he beat me to the chase.
I'll have to go back and do something productive.

Antymatter, just a suggestion, these off the wall ideas aren't really sticking, the submarine, the descriptionless mod, maybe you should start a standard succession game and let it fall into disarray on its own. Start in a savage desert and fight off the buzzards and scorpions, start in a mirthful wood so you can pick fights with elves and unicorns, hell, find a waterfall and you'd probably get people to join. It might be difficult to write interesting write-ups but if you post lots of screenies nobody will notice.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 03:31:28 am »

Ok, I'l start a new one! I can still see the image tho. I am sorry, I just don't know how to post maps. The map thing there was self drawn. I deleted the robot and cyber weapon mod anyway., I got tired of my dwarfs shooting with sniper guns and machine guns.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:33:12 am by antymattar »

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 09:55:03 am »

Since your idea went tits up care to tell us what the mods about?
Pages: [1] 2