Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I caught a giant, now what?  (Read 1009 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
So I caught a giant, now what?
« on: July 29, 2010, 01:04:51 am »

A giant tuned up, as they do and walked straight into  a cage trap.  Now its mine, to do with as I will, I have 2 forgotten beasts in the basement, a humanoid made of salt that isnt doing to well against the goblin mounts I chuck at it (2 broken legs from 3 mounts, tut tut, disappointed) and a rattlesnake made of steam.  If I chuck the giant down does anybody know if it will fight the beasts?  Its either that or it goes into the big pit for my future prisoners.

Ideas?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I caught a giant, now what?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 12:52:48 pm »

Release him behind an enclosed area with foritifcations on at least one side, set up raisable bridges as a blind next to the fortifications on the outside of the enclosure, and train marksdwarves by having shoot him with wood and bone bolts.  When he starts to get really hurt, raise the bridge up so the troops have no line of sight on him.  Let him heal up.  Repeat.

Actually probably won't work because these guys seem to die too easy.  I don't think he has any armor, so even bone bolts would mess him up pretty quick, unless the marksdwarves are really bad.  If you had a bronze collosus or even an iron man I bet it would work great, the wooden bolts would just ping off of it.

weird beard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I caught a giant, now what?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 01:42:14 pm »

Build an arena. Use him as an advanced noble execution method.
Alternatively, you could set your military on him. But watching nobles get ripped to pieces is much more fun. If you want him re-usable just set up a path back to the fortress from the arena with cage traps en route to re-take him.

For bonus points, have an arena cleansing system. Made from magma.