Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is this a bug?  (Read 1025 times)

ohzee00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
is this a bug?
« on: July 28, 2010, 08:42:16 pm »

when i was in object testing area i take control over a dragon and fight a human and after that i pressed z to look at my skills and i see i have to wings is this a bug or am my just being stupid? :-\

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: is this a bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 08:44:39 pm »

Dragons have wings, they're just to heavy to fly. My perception and that of many mythologies, at least. DF uses those perceptions of dragons.

ohzee00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 08:48:10 pm »

oh thanks and one more thing why cant you breath fire AS a dragon but ai can?

JinF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:50:29 pm »

oh thanks and one more thing why cant you breath fire AS a dragon but ai can?

I've actually wondered this too. Tried almost all combinations of commands but still no luck.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:52:43 pm »

Because there is no control linked to the use of special attacks (firebreath, venomous bites, etc.), and none is currently programmed. Eventually Toady will give us controls for that, but you'll have to wait for now.

Maybe someone could make a dfHack utility that allows it though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:14:58 am »

It's possible that Toady will add it quite soon - he's been thinking about adding combat aiming (so you can choose where to attack) and hopefully this will also include a way to choose how to attack. So you can bite people in the head, then set their feet on fire.