Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Points  (Read 692 times)

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile

I just entered embark, and when I tried to add some skills to a dwarf, I couldn't.  Then I noticed I only had one point to spend.  I checked the items, and they all seemed to be regular items, so I sold them all back, and found I started with 1000 points, rather than the 1274 the wiki seems to say is normal.  Anyone else experienced this?
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Points
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 06:07:38 pm »

It's now possible to edit the number of points you start with. It's possible you did that, forgot about it, and then had this happen.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 06:55:27 pm »

Naw, newly unzipped copy.  And now a warthog is blowing down armed dwarves like nothing.  My fort may be suddenly doomed from some random animal. :-\
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:09:25 pm »

Well. That is really quite surprising. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 12:35:46 am »

It might be that something went wrong with the download just try to download it again.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.