Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble with Stockpiles  (Read 1659 times)

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trouble with Stockpiles
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:42:32 pm »

If the answer is somewhere else please let me know I couldn't find it in the search (maybe it's too late?)

I've played 40d and never had any problems making very specific stockpiles.
In 0.31.12 I try to make a stockpile only take stone crafts and it never seems to work. Sure I can build the stockpile and select what I want, but my dwarves never try to fill the stockpile with any crafts. I then right next to my crafts stockpile build a generic finished goods stockpile and my dwarves mad rush the workshop and fill the generic stockpile. I'm I missing something?

To set the stage, using Mayday's graphics no other mods, nothing is forbidden, all paths are clear, no locked doors, plenty of idle dwarves with hauling labor enabled, and my selective finished goods stockpile is to accept only (stone:crafts:non metal:of all quality)

Thanks,

Fatty Limes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with Stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 08:14:02 am »

yeah, i had the same problem. I think i just gave up, i can't remember. I know i DO currently have a 'stone blocks' only stockpile that wont work. Anyways, my only tip would be that when your doing the custom settings, make sure that everything (from finished goods on down) is enabled first, and then go through and disable what you DON'T want. Apparently if you do it the other way around, (disable everything and enable what you DO want) it wont work.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 08:18:32 am »

Strange. I remember recently I had problems with them moving stone mugs to the stockpile, but that was because I had disabled flask storage, because I didn't want to accidentally sell my military's waterskins. Turned back on, and got several bins full of mugs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Fatty Limes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:19:51 am »

yeah, i think i've had that exact problem and just in general, custom stockpiles have a success rate of about 75% in my fortress

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:15:45 am »

Stones are all listed under 'metal'.  To exclude metal but not stone crafts, go into the metal menu and toggle only those that are actually metal, and leave all the stone types at the bottom enabled.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Fatty Limes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 10:28:12 am »

Stones are all listed under 'metal'.  To exclude metal but not stone crafts, go into the metal menu and toggle only those that are actually metal, and leave all the stone types at the bottom enabled.

oh, stones are listed under metal instead of stone, its so intuitive....

probably should have checked all the menus. Thanks a ton