Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.12] Cotton Seeds  (Read 1066 times)

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.12] Cotton Seeds
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:12:59 pm »

I've been wrestling with the cotton plant I'm modding in trying to figure out why it isn't showing up.  I know the Civilization Forge mod has cotton, so I checked it out and it uses "cotton" for the plural for cotton seeds.  I'm using "cottn seeds" to get it to work.

Works:   [SEED:flax seed:flax seeds:6:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
Doesn't:   [SEED:cotton seed:cotton seeds:6:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
Works:   [SEED:cotton seed:cottn seeds:6:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

I've searched this forum and the reported bugs and there's no mention of this.   I may be wrong but it seems to be that you can't have "cotton seeds" as the plural of the seed for cotton.  Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12] Cotton Seeds
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:04:23 pm »

Well, this confuses me. Could you elaborate on how exactelly it doesnt work out?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:10 pm »

Well, this confuses me. Could you elaborate on how exactelly it doesnt work out?

The plant thread and cloth will not be available at embark, the seeds will not be available at embark, and herbalism will not yeild any cotton.  All that with a difference of "cotton seeds" to "cottn seeds"

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:55 pm »

Well that is strange! Copy pste a plant and change the vital bits. It should work. Cotton is basically a copy paste of pigtails, long land grass and rope reeds. Thread production dose not bother me(I like it tho) as much as dying(spelled right?). I would focuss more on making dye plants. like snow capshroom and the murk shroom.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 03:16:49 am »

Can you show the raws?

It might be a biome issue, or something.

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 03:27:10 am »

How strange. I modded cotton into DF too, and I used the exact same name for the seeds. Mine work fine.

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 05:53:02 pm »

Last  night, after I had accepted the using "cottn seeds" as my cotton seed plural, I then went on to further refine the the definition for cotton.

Just now, I did one more test - putting the "o" back in "cottn seeds"...and it worked.

I know when I was testing it last night I was able to switch between "cotton seeds" and "cottn seeds" and it would switch between working and not.  As far as I can make out there must have been some combination of something else in the definition playing havoc with my seed plural.

Well, thank you all for your time.  Sorry to have wasted it.