Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pack your brushes, art is over  (Read 2702 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Pack your brushes, art is over
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 01:42:20 am »

I guess those goombas were rich. Although the 'coin' look is a bit ruined by the hemisphericality of the yellow.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 01:50:25 am »

hemisphericality

...what? The little sense I can make from you using that word has nothing at all of how the "'coin' look is a bit ruined"

What did you mean by that?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 01:45:37 pm »

I guess those goombas were rich. Although the 'coin' look is a bit ruined by the hemisphericality of the yellow.

eh, i love those guys

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 11:07:11 am »

One of the guys at Paradox Interactive has this on their desk:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6628598&id=284210044815 (Facebook, but I don't think you need an account)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 11:42:58 am »

Sweet. (And I've been looking forward to Victoria 2 for some time now)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 11:46:45 am »

I really hope the next game continues up the timeline once Victoria 2 is finished. Just having it end at Hearts of Iron is kind of disheartining (pun not intended). Although, a remake of Crusader Kings would be awesome as well...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:52:08 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 11:50:59 am »

Badass Mario?
Spoiler: try this one (click to show/hide)
this. just this. ANIME AHOY.

speaking of which, why hasn't there been a super mario anime yet?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 11:53:39 am »

I really hope the next game continues up the timeline once Victoria 2 is finished. Just having it end at Hearts of Iron is kind of disheartining (pun not intended). Although, a remake of Crusader Kings would be awesome as well...

I think its EU3 expansion (again) then crusader kings 2, because the Paradox release cycle goes game - expansion - game -expansion.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 02:12:04 pm »

I think its EU3 expansion (again) then crusader kings 2, because the Paradox release cycle goes game - expansion - game -expansion.

Yeah, but EU3 already has three expansions. Maybe they'll crank out another HOI3 expansion. And MSH...how on earth would they do a game set after HOI? It'd be what, 1963-?

Although a Cold War-based grand geopolitics game would be pretty freakin' sweet, but I'm afraid the AI would be such that you'd have way too many nuclear WWIII scenarios.

I'd like to see either a CK2 (maybe expanded to other parts of the world?), and/or a precursor to CK (say, 476-1066...or even just focusing on the Carolingian era). As long as they don't use the gameplay design from EU: Rome, which is the only Paradox game I've ever deleted from my hard drive. Massive disappointment.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 03:01:07 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 02:46:55 pm »

I have never though of them as such. I thought they were blobs of flesh connected to feet though a coin.

Im going to cut the innuendo and just say that I thought they where walking dickheads.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 07:16:54 am »

Yeah, but EU3 already has three expansions. Maybe they'll crank out another HOI3 expansion. And MSH...how on earth would they do a game set after HOI? It'd be what, 1963-?

Although a Cold War-based grand geopolitics game would be pretty freakin' sweet, but I'm afraid the AI would be such that you'd have way too many nuclear WWIII scenarios.

There was a vote on the Paradox forums for what game to do an expansion to and EU3 won. The current plan is to do an expansion that improves the rest of the world, as the game is too focused on the European nations. Funny that, considering its called EUROPA Universalis.

I'm fairly sure CK2 is the next full game coming out, as everyone is hyped up and waiting for that. In fact, I think a thread was opened shortly after release of CK which was a wishlist for CK2.

The problem with a Cold War game is that there are no real territorial changes. Most of the game would be diplomatic talks and stuff, which doesn't really make a good game. 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 10:02:17 am »

damn, save that as a jpg, as a png it's huge
But as a jpg it'll be all artifacty.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 06:05:21 pm »

it already is, it's a jpg saved as a png. it'll be more artifacty if saved as a jpg, but it was dumb to save it as a png in the first place. besides, artifactiness adds to the crappyness that makes it awesome

EDIT: here's a lighter, better quality and bigger version in JPG that a 2 second google search provided

and here is a jpg version roughly the same quality of the png in the original post (possibly the original, before it had it's contrast enhanced), 5 times smaller

compare to the artifactness of the png version
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:16:09 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »
Pages: 1 2 [3]