No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357374 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: It's Official!
« Reply #3945 on: November 09, 2011, 05:02:35 pm »

I've already had a technic server running, with all of 2 people on it normally.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: May 11, 2013, 04:08:56 pm »

Yay, NECRO :D
I necro'd rather than starting a new one in the hope that all the old subbed members would have been notified.

Anyways, I happen to have a decent vps which isn't doing much anymore and was thinking it would be awesome to revive PH with some of the old crew. So if you're about still, comment or w/e e.g LNCP, OsmosisJ etc.

- Sizeak

Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: May 11, 2013, 04:59:44 pm »

I don't really have all that much time to play anymore, but if this becomes a thing it'd be interesting to check up now and then.

Though Jaycraft is dead, I know there's a private minecraft server being played on by some of the guys in #Bay12games IRC. It's a tekkit server, I think, so it might not appeal to everyone, but using a server that people already play on instead of making an empty one might be a good way to get the ball rolling.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: May 11, 2013, 05:22:46 pm »

I was thinking of using tekkit tbh, really I'm just not sure to do with the vps atm
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3949 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:05 pm »

Talking about minecraft, I'd like to gauge the interest in a vanilla, creative-focused server. The point on sticking to vanilla is being able to output the constructs into 3d models and then rendering them out for prettyness. Here are some results of my experiments with rendering:

Big image alert
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm still struggling with updating to 1.5.2, particulary voxelsniper is being a cunt, and I still need to update the textures.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: May 11, 2013, 08:34:14 pm »

That's pretty awesome! I would be open to hosting vanilla given enough interest. We could put a poll up. It wouldn't be that difficult to also host a forum or something for the server. This would allow us to use a whitelist where people have to join the forum to be vetted before being given access to help prevent griefers.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3951 on: May 11, 2013, 08:37:51 pm »

Worldguard is also very handy for greif control around big projects. I have a 512MB server on daddycheese atm. (Usually house-connection hosting is awful on my end because I'm in brazil, with 200ms ping things get VERY fincky if the server doesn't have a very good uplink)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: May 11, 2013, 08:45:47 pm »

Talking about minecraft, I'd like to gauge the interest in a vanilla, creative-focused server. The point on sticking to vanilla is being able to output the constructs into 3d models and then rendering them out for prettyness. Here are some results of my experiments with rendering:

Big image alert
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm still struggling with updating to 1.5.2, particulary voxelsniper is being a cunt, and I still need to update the textures.

There's a minecraft mod I use sometimes that makes it look like that.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3953 on: May 11, 2013, 08:46:52 pm »

GLSL shaders can make minecraft look quite pretty, but it doesn't match actual rendering, it is quite full of artifacts and fail shadows.

Also, tadpoles.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: May 11, 2013, 08:54:18 pm »

That is true, however, your water looks terrible.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3955 on: May 11, 2013, 09:02:14 pm »

I was very lazy with the water  :P

Also, tadpoles.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: May 11, 2013, 09:04:17 pm »

The vps it would be hosted on is a quad core with 4GB of memory. Its 3am here so I'll be afk for a while for sleep.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: May 11, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »

I'd be up for Vanilla I suppose. Especially creative, I love to build.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: May 12, 2013, 03:13:13 am »

I concur that WorldGuard would be a very good addition to any vanilla server, if you'll be doing that. There'd be a lot of bother about land ownership and destruction otherwise.

I'd also like to suggest VoxelSniper and/or WorldEdit if this server really is going to focus on building and forcing Djohaal to make 3d Minecraft renderings all day. CommandBook seems useful too, for utility purposes.

The vps it would be hosted on is a quad core with 4GB of memory. Its 3am here so I'll be afk for a while for sleep.

The critical question is if it'll handle //cyl 0 300 80.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: May 12, 2013, 06:08:46 am »

Well I think with the right plugins, SMP is as easy to build in as creative but with added interesting things to do. Well I'll have to do a load reading about setting these plugins up with bukkit but they look useful. I also liked the look of CraftBook tbh, would anyone object?

So the requested plugins so far:

* CraftBook
* CommandBook
* WorldGuard
* WorldEdit
* VoxelSniper

I don't want the kind of server where we have randoms building monstrosity's everywhere, but I do want a server with ambitious players building things like large castles etc. where we could connect them all via minecarts etc. I also have nothing against a good bit of floating terrain, sky bridges?  I think it's fine for there to be floating islands and things, I don;t see why we have to be too boring. I don;t mind too much as long as it is thought out well and we don't have people messing with other peoples areas. So we could handle it by allowing players to request ownership of a section of land (size shouldn't matter too much) and also set some kind of margin if the plugin allows it so there is empty space between peoples plots. I'm not thinking like a large city necessarily, its just a precaution to stop people building too close to each other, Ideally I'd prefer it for most things if there were big areas between projects so things were more spread out. This policy obviously wouldn't apply to building settlements etc. :D

TL;DR
* Well thought out projects by trusted players; no crap heaps
* Floating islands etc are OK
* Most projects should be well spaced out from each other, unless its like a city project or something
* Players could request protection of their project areas

Given the kind of thing I'm describing does anyone want to help flesh out a policy for this kind of stuff in case we get new players joining. I quite like the idea of having a forum and an application process before being given access to the server. If necessary a second server could be hosted for evaluating people, like an unspoken trial period.

The first rule of PlaneHacked is don't talk about PlaneHacked... The Inner Server

I have to admit LNCP, I've not really run a proper server before so I don't know what  //cyl 0 300 80. is :/ I need to do some reading and attempt setting some stuff up. Would it be worth going ahead with this then and getting a forum up to move to?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:11:47 am by sizeak »
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 271