No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357224 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Prepare for 1.8.
« Reply #3870 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:17 am »

a shame

already burning with ideas for possible things to build in new chasmtown (or wherever we the main hub will go)
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: September 22, 2011, 02:32:52 pm »

I am okay with a fresh map.  I will just remake the hall of heroes, on the surface, or in another chasm!  I have actually been working on mockups to do it better.

About endermen, though... I don't want them to pick up less blocks because I want them to pick up no blocks at all (or maybe only when aggro'd).

I like the look of everything else that is coming out in the update, though!
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: September 22, 2011, 02:42:41 pm »

About endermen, though... I don't want them to pick up less blocks because I want them to pick up no blocks at all (or maybe only when aggro'd).

This, exactly. Or at the very least have an option to disable them picking up blocks.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3873 on: September 22, 2011, 05:30:09 pm »

This, exactly. Or at the very least have an option to disable them picking up blocks.

I imagine a server mod to disable them picking up blocks will probably be out in the ways of a creeper-protect system.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:17 pm »

Spoiler: Grumble grumble. (click to show/hide)

If you do decide to update, at least post some pics of this chasmtown I keep hearing about first :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: September 22, 2011, 07:28:16 pm »

Spoiler: Grumble grumble. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: September 22, 2011, 07:50:26 pm »

A counter is easy enough, check out the minecraft wiki page on T-flipflops for example. Make it so that the counter blocks the clock when it reaches the desired number, and after the point where the counter blocks out the clock, have a feed that detects the clock running back to progress the counter. That way, every time the clock ticks, the counter advances, up until it maxes out, at which point the counter shields itself. Then, hook a button up to the counter as well; the button will be able to progress the counter even when the clock is shielded, so that it rolls over and starts again.

Code: [Select]
          Counter---Button
          |   |
   output |   |counter input
          |   |
[Clock]---+---+---[Piston]

Also, it should be possible to reuse most of that circuit that for higher floors by adding a single second counter that basically makes the first one repeat itself once.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:52:05 pm by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3877 on: September 22, 2011, 09:37:20 pm »

Using the elevator loop itself you should be able to create a sort of ROM though you would have to reduce the elevator to only have one or two lifts in it though since it will be stopping at floors this may be for the best. With two lifts at opposite ends so that when one is at the top and the other is at the bottom would be enough.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: September 22, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »

I am thinking that going back to my original design which was a spiral step lift. Bottom pushes you up another pushes you to the side and rinse and repeat until you reach the top. Would be a better choice. Fastest Elevator in tinkertown which doesn't kill you if you lag behind like another which has a GIANT drop beneath you...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: September 22, 2011, 09:58:51 pm »

Maybe something craftable using the ender pearl that once placed stopped them from lifting blocks within a certain area?

I'm just getting interested in redstone and dread them messing things up.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08:25 pm »

Using the elevator loop itself you should be able to create a sort of ROM though you would have to reduce the elevator to only have one or two lifts in it though since it will be stopping at floors this may be for the best. With two lifts at opposite ends so that when one is at the top and the other is at the bottom would be enough.

That's the method I was grumbling about, see my post on the other page. It works, but it doesn't work well.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: September 22, 2011, 11:15:17 pm »

That's the method I was grumbling about, see my post on the other page. It works, but it doesn't work well.

All 3 elevators.
In this vid I show off the 3 different elevators. The first is my rough as bones one, still need to be fully rebuilt and wired. 2nd is the Fail and Die one built by someone else. And the last is the vertical one as both the original and and the 3 story one...

Don't know why the sound flickers so best just mute me, I ain't saying anything interesting...

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: September 24, 2011, 02:32:26 am »

Stany, I made your egg timer work.  It counts to 16 and terminates, as requested.  Slightly smaller, too.
Dev-status:

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: September 24, 2011, 03:17:13 am »

Sigh I guess I did something wrong or there is a longer time before I can get accepted for the whitelist...

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: September 24, 2011, 03:55:26 am »

Sigh I guess I did something wrong or there is a longer time before I can get accepted for the whitelist...

PM me with your MC username and I will grant you access until you are officially entered into the system.
Dev-status:
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 271