No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357473 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: GOLD RUSH IS RIGHT!
« Reply #3495 on: June 27, 2011, 06:59:27 am »

For what it's worth, I was slightly put off by the original flat balloon too, but I just assumed that it'd be worked on.

Oh, and hairywoodenleg: Since you've been gone for a long time, would you mind if some of the rest of us finished your building? Don't worry, it won't be demolished or anything; just touched up and expanded.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: June 27, 2011, 02:13:09 pm »

Huh. I think something is up with the micro portal.

When I was setting up my secret unregistered portal it connected to the micro portal output in the nether. And when you go back though the gate it takes you to the micro portal and not back to my secret portal room.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:15:07 pm by Criptfeind »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3497 on: June 27, 2011, 02:49:08 pm »

That's because your portal is too close and misplaced. We'll need to build a new nether-side portal and do some rejiggering.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: June 27, 2011, 03:42:03 pm »

Huh. Apparently I was supposed to request a portal from the TDTC on this thread.

Er...

Whoops.

Anyway, I officially petition the TDTC for a portal.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: June 28, 2011, 12:27:12 am »

Huh. Apparently I was supposed to request a portal from the TDTC on this thread.

Er...

Whoops.

Anyway, I officially petition the TDTC for a portal.

You need to supply eventual portal position, surroundings and suchlike.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: June 28, 2011, 12:58:14 am »

nether side portals need to be manually placed. I can help with that, once the location of the overworld side portal is authorized.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: June 28, 2011, 01:01:08 am »

That's because your portal is too close and misplaced. We'll need to build a new nether-side portal and do some rejiggering.

Actually just building a nether side portal is all that's needed. when you manually build it, it'll be in the right place, but if you let it come automatically, it'll be almost anywhere, and if there's another working portal within 1024 blocks in the overworld, the new one won't get built.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: June 28, 2011, 05:43:26 am »

Now that we have almost every piece in place, it's time to consider expansion outside of B12.

Honestly, I think we're ready for it. I'm already drafting topics and entry requirements for the MCForums amongst others (if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them), and new players would be great.

However, this will not happen without the support of our existing userbase and from PTTG. If you guys think we should stay strictly B12, as a smaller server, then speak up and tell us that. If you think that we should try to gather other peeps then make sure to say that too.

Don't worry, nothing's happened yet. Until there's been some discussion, that is.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3503 on: June 28, 2011, 05:48:53 am »

Is the average number of people playing on the server going up or down? I know I just started playing on the server recently. If the number of people who regularly use the server is going up we don't need to but if the number is stagnant or negative then to keep it going you may want to open it up to others. If all you are looking for is to have more people you should try looking for friends of the people who already use the server but don't do Bay12 as the first source of new users. Knowing someone on a server already will cut down on any kind of grief we may get including the actual griefing.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: June 28, 2011, 10:05:22 am »

Hell, I would be fine with that. The middle class area is painfully empty, and a influx of new blood to settle it would not be a bad idea at all. Of course we would have to watch for greifers and such like more, but I think it could work out nicely.

Although, before we get a bunch of new builders in, I ask if we are eventually going to make a sewer line, if so it might be a good idea to get a plan for that before a bunch of people come in and rip up the ground for basements and such.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: June 28, 2011, 10:28:52 am »

Now that we have almost every piece in place, it's time to consider expansion outside of B12.

Honestly, I think we're ready for it. I'm already drafting topics and entry requirements for the MCForums amongst others (if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them), and new players would be great.

However, this will not happen without the support of our existing userbase and from PTTG. If you guys think we should stay strictly B12, as a smaller server, then speak up and tell us that. If you think that we should try to gather other peeps then make sure to say that too.

Don't worry, nothing's happened yet. Until there's been some discussion, that is.

I can mention PlaneHacked on Neogaf... But I'm not sure that's a good idea until the server has some experience with recruiting from outside.

Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: June 28, 2011, 10:33:17 am »

I support expansion. I say go ahead.

As long as the OPs are willing to help me keep an eye on the whitelist email account, then it won't cause much trouble for me.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: June 28, 2011, 01:02:10 pm »

Hell, I would be fine with that. The middle class area is painfully empty, and a influx of new blood to settle it would not be a bad idea at all. Of course we would have to watch for greifers and such like more, but I think it could work out nicely.

Although, before we get a bunch of new builders in, I ask if we are eventually going to make a sewer line, if so it might be a good idea to get a plan for that before a bunch of people come in and rip up the ground for basements and such.

With these new people, Project will mean much higher requirements for them. This means that unless they can conclusively prove that they are mature, highly intelligent and most of all highly creative, they will have slim chances of joining. Don't worry about that.

EDIT: All right. I'll be making threads in the MCForums, and possibly Bethsoft. Unfortunately, that's all I've got, so if anyone can mention some good online communities, I'd love to hear about it.

I can mention PlaneHacked on Neogaf... But I'm not sure that's a good idea until the server has some experience with recruiting from outside.

Arrite.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:11:56 pm by lordnincompoop »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:39 pm »

I might put something on reddit's minecraft server list.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: June 28, 2011, 01:47:36 pm »

PTTG/lordnicompoop, is there any way that we could adapt the finished Project Server City into a site for an adventure map? I've been looking for a hub-city to set an adventure in, and this is the sort that would be perfect. Besides, a project of that magnitude is worth sharing. How is progress coming on the city?

Also, any chance I could get Whitelisted? Been meaning to check this server out for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 271