No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357534 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Vanilla is better with carmel!
« Reply #3375 on: June 20, 2011, 04:02:08 am »

Are there some defined rules on building styles? I'm vaguely toying with the idea of building something offshore.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: June 20, 2011, 04:04:19 am »

I'd like to do some of the middle-lower class area, preferably the area near the slums gate, so as to be more lower-class oriented than middle-class oriented.

Or more specifically, I'd like these areas:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starting with the purple, and moving on to develop the hillside (orange) up to the wall when OJ finishes his work on the top of the hill.

Is that south or east? If it's south then no
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: June 20, 2011, 04:06:24 am »

I'm seeing the slums there, so south-east.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: June 20, 2011, 04:07:44 am »

I say no because if it's just outside the southgate then that's where I'm farming red woods to make a nice forest walk out of the city
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: June 20, 2011, 04:28:39 am »

Are there some defined rules on building styles? I'm vaguely toying with the idea of building something offshore.

Yup, aim for victorian english/steampunk. That means lots of wood-braced cobble, pitched roofs, etc. Try to go easy on the glass; a couple of large windows, yes; an entire house, no. Think dark and foreboding, with heavy foundations rather than light and airy structures :P

EDIT: When you say offshore...? Off on an island, eh, I guess. An oil rig, not so much.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:30:48 am by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: June 20, 2011, 10:37:59 am »

Claiming Plot #3.

---Zona seems to be building an inn some distance east of town.

My questios for these are:
-Why are they so far from town?

For the question pertaining to me, Its some distance from the city because I don't yet feel I have an idea worthy of the interior. Its also a way for me to collect resources well building something.

However if its location is a problem ill happily return the area to its natural state.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: June 20, 2011, 11:13:33 am »

Who's building the wooden longhouse/farmhouse on the plains way out west? It's an extremely nice bit of architecture.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: June 20, 2011, 11:20:23 am »

Claiming Plot #3.

---Zona seems to be building an inn some distance east of town.

My questios for these are:
-Why are they so far from town?

For the question pertaining to me, Its some distance from the city because I don't yet feel I have an idea worthy of the interior. Its also a way for me to collect resources well building something.

However if its location is a problem ill happily return the area to its natural state.

if you're gonna collect resources, at least collect them in a way that will benefit the rest of us.

Moria is in need of massively negative amounts of cobble. the digging rules here are entirely reasonable.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: June 20, 2011, 11:24:20 am »

Ok, but can we literally dig any exposed smooth stone tops? I know that's what you said but when I went in, there were quite a few places where it looked like I probably shouldn't dig down. (I know we can only dig from the tops, also it was a while ago so don't ask for examples of what I mean :D)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: June 20, 2011, 11:28:06 am »

literally any exposed smooth tops. the goal is to eventually have all the floors at bedrock level.

Also, using dirt as scaffolding is a good idea because we have a crap-load of it in the chest in the floor of the first landing.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: June 20, 2011, 11:29:31 am »

literally any exposed smooth tops. the goal is to eventually have all the floors at bedrock level.

Also, using dirt as scaffolding is a good idea because we have a crap-load of it in the chest in the floor of the first landing.

Ok, I'll probably do some mining in the next few days then :)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: June 20, 2011, 11:46:05 am »

The Middle Class Residential Area (check the map) is now Open for Construction.

Do whatever, but try to make some semblance of orderliness; do not crowd the roads or other plots. The goal here is to get something look reasonably organic without being chaotic, and orderly without being artificial.

Painted Ladies are something I'd like to see in the area.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: June 20, 2011, 12:25:30 pm »

For others that cba to find it (I know it's linked in the op) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62600.msg2295873#msg2295873

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: June 20, 2011, 12:46:09 pm »

I say no because if it's just outside the southgate then that's where I'm farming red woods to make a nice forest walk out of the city
Na, its inside the city, near the slums gate. Which I think is supposed to be the east gate or something; directions are funny in Minecraft.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3389 on: June 20, 2011, 12:53:36 pm »

By the way, you misspelled caramel...
Sorry, just had to point that out.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 271