No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357573 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Vanilla is better with carmel!
« Reply #3345 on: June 18, 2011, 11:26:54 pm »

Heard multiple other stories of bugged items, some of which caused crashing clients. Bonemeal, in particular, seemed prone to bugging out for others. As for myself, I have a quarter of a stack of coal which can no longer be used for crafting.

On another note: DS and L2U, I came across a cave deep under the library with a zombie spawner and a note from you 2... How did you get in/out of the cave? I'm not finding an exit, and my entrance is one-way.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:34:46 pm by alway »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: June 18, 2011, 11:33:13 pm »

So. I was wondering if, once I get accepted to the project map, if I could lay claim on block 39?

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 18, 2011, 11:39:53 pm »

On another note: DS and L2U, I came across a cave deep under the library with a zombie spawner and a note from you 2... How did you get in/out of the cave? I'm not finding an exit, and my entrance is one-way.

I think there was a spiral 2x2 stairwell we dug down through that area to reach diamonds, but we may have plugged most of it up with other material. I know what location you're talking about however, I just can't recall the exact specifics behind it.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 18, 2011, 11:44:50 pm »

I think there was a spiral 2x2 stairwell we dug down through that area to reach diamonds, but we may have plugged most of it up with other material. I know what location you're talking about however, I just can't recall the exact specifics behind it.

WE dug a 2x2 spiral stairwell down to that area for diamonds and filled it in afterwards, yes.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 19, 2011, 01:16:08 am »

IMPORTANT: Just found a repeatable cause of the half-block crash corruption! If you have the blocks in your hand and then dig out a block, they will immediately turn into the crashing blocks! Currently testing to see whether this causes the other problems.
Edit1: Looks promising! Using wood to dig out another block turns the wood from its native type to a non-type with the light-brown image in the inventory!
Edit 2: Digging with bones prevent them from being crafted into bone meal!
Edit 3: Causes the bone-meal bug as well.
Edit 4: Sugar cane used for digging can not be crafted with either.
Edit 5: same goes for coal
Edit 6: wool changes color to black when used to dig
7: and saplings change

I think it's safe to say this is the origin of all item related bugs seen today.

As the origin seems to be related to digging with the item in hand, it would appear to be caused by some sort of interaction with a mod dealing with tools. But in any case, debugging procedures have now been established (disable questionable mod, dig with un-borked item to see if it borks), and so it shouldn't be too much trouble to sort out.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:29:23 am by alway »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 19, 2011, 01:35:52 am »

Also, another way to create the borked half-slabs; place a smooth stone halfslab, mine with a diamond pick. Voila.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 19, 2011, 03:23:48 am »

IMPORTANT: Just found a repeatable cause of the half-block crash corruption! If you have the blocks in your hand and then dig out a block, they will immediately turn into the crashing blocks! Currently testing to see whether this causes the other problems.
Edit1: Looks promising! Using wood to dig out another block turns the wood from its native type to a non-type with the light-brown image in the inventory!
Edit 2: Digging with bones prevent them from being crafted into bone meal!
Edit 3: Causes the bone-meal bug as well.
Edit 4: Sugar cane used for digging can not be crafted with either.
Edit 5: same goes for coal
Edit 6: wool changes color to black when used to dig
7: and saplings change

I think it's safe to say this is the origin of all item related bugs seen today.

As the origin seems to be related to digging with the item in hand, it would appear to be caused by some sort of interaction with a mod dealing with tools. But in any case, debugging procedures have now been established (disable questionable mod, dig with un-borked item to see if it borks), and so it shouldn't be too much trouble to sort out.

There has been an "issue" with tools sponanneously regenerating.  I didn't think much of it until now.

There is definitely an iron thief on the project server.  This probably won't be taken lightly.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3352 on: June 19, 2011, 08:29:38 am »

So magiste djohaal's compound is complete (replaced the doom beam tower. And he can still smite ships from the top of his tower using his magic :B )

Could I have acess to that strip of grass to the left of blocks 46 and 47? I plan on making a barracks that's tied to the wall itself. Also I'd love to be able to do some terraced on the hillsides of most of the places. Can I have authorization to that?

EDIT: Also is there a worldguard/something/whatever/zomg? mod to make fields trample proof? I think the countryside would look fabulous with sprawling fields of wheat... if pigs didn't stomp on them.

Also there's a redstone bug too, you can't craft stuff with it. To fix it you have to lay ALL the redstone in your inventory and then gather it again, however the gathered redstone CAN NOT end up in your quick-acess toolbar, it must end on the inventory section.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:34:15 am by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #3353 on: June 19, 2011, 08:50:38 am »

Also, I'm not sure if it's always been like this or not, but all the soul sand in the nether on the open server seems to have turned to gravel.
1=0

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 19, 2011, 10:02:16 am »

LNCP: We need a new lot map.

Why?

Maybe he meant updated?

The clean lot map aids things, IMO. If people really want an updated version I'll do it now that I have time, but I honestly think it looks better this way.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 19, 2011, 11:20:33 am »

There has been an "issue" with tools sponanneously regenerating.  I didn't think much of it until now.
Yep, I'd be willing to bet both of the diamonds in the creeperfree tavern's chests that whatever is causing the tools to regenerate is also what is causing the item bugs, as the items don't transmute into other items, but merely subsets of their original item type (which are of course stored in data iirc as damage values).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3356 on: June 19, 2011, 11:43:55 am »

Also, I'm not sure if it's always been like this or not, but all the soul sand in the nether on the open server seems to have turned to gravel.

That's normal.

Burn all bugged items, and only use fists or tools to break blocks. This is now law.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 19, 2011, 12:39:29 pm »

Since there seems to still be some suspicion about the missing iron, the location of the cave system from which I acquired the iron used in the library is -250x, 72z. As you will see, the cave is several times larger than the creeperfree caverns, with large areas entirely iron free. The iron used in the library totals to about 4 to 5 stacks for the 31 iron blocks, acquired from the mine from the dates of June 7 to June 8, at which date the library's external construction was completed; or approximately 1 week before the theft. Any iron used in the construction of the creeperfree (iirc, all in the manager's office), was gathered from the creeperfree caverns; at this point I have enough iron, and access to iron, as to leave it in place for others to mine, I have no need of less scrupulous measures.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 19, 2011, 01:06:14 pm »

Since there seems to still be some suspicion about the missing iron, the location of the cave system from which I acquired the iron used in the library is -250x, 72z. As you will see, the cave is several times larger than the creeperfree caverns, with large areas entirely iron free. The iron used in the library totals to about 4 to 5 stacks for the 31 iron blocks, acquired from the mine from the dates of June 7 to June 8, at which date the library's external construction was completed; or approximately 1 week before the theft. Any iron used in the construction of the creeperfree (iirc, all in the manager's office), was gathered from the creeperfree caverns; at this point I have enough iron, and access to iron, as to leave it in place for others to mine, I have no need of less scrupulous measures.

That is fine.  It is just a lot of iron.  297 iron was required in the building of the entire library, so far as I can tell.

[The anvil problem was solved]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:25:56 pm by shadowsofwhite »
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3359 on: June 19, 2011, 01:52:08 pm »

No one is currently under suspicion of iron theft.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 271