No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357625 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: THE PROJECT IS ACTIVE
« Reply #3225 on: June 13, 2011, 04:18:30 pm »

I've been thinking up other weird world shapes... How about a server designed to be linear? The map could be distorted by deleting all but a single band of chunks going north to south. You could call it a side-scroller world. You could even delete the extra in the nether.

The whole thing would mainly be interesting because everyone would be forced to travel much farther than they have to now to get to unexplored areas, and the whole time they would be passing by, over, through, or under the constructions of other players.

Maps currently don't like gaps, so we might have to paint a magma and bedrock floor in deleted chunks.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3226 on: June 13, 2011, 04:46:00 pm »

can I claim plot #52? I plan on doing a doom beam tower or something of the kind. Basically it'd be a nice tower that is topped by some mysterious gizmo I'll deisgn up, and such gizmo would cause fiery death upon ships that arrive on the bay  :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: June 13, 2011, 04:50:13 pm »

Whitelist request sent. I asked in the mail but I might as well ask here too, are there any particular extra hoops to join the project server, or does the whitelisting apply to both?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: June 13, 2011, 05:06:29 pm »

Whitelist request sent. I asked in the mail but I might as well ask here too, are there any particular extra hoops to join the project server, or does the whitelisting apply to both?

Read the OP.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: June 13, 2011, 07:58:15 pm »

Who made the injury machine that poses as the subway out of the quarry?  When trying to go from the quarry to town, it feeds you into an injury machine, then proceeds to send you right back to where you came from!
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: June 13, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »

Henge, you're riding the goods line. Try the one below it. Dragonshardz, maybe some signs would be helpful here.

Okay, regarding the opening the server up, I have my reservations that I've already expressed to Henge and Lord, but I guess it could work. I would advise the following though; bring new communities in gradually.
In other words advertise on one new forum, wait until the initial rush of new recruits dies down, then move on to the next, starting of course with the smaller communities. This will give us a more reasonable influx, allowing us mods to weed out the griefers a bit better, and if we reach a size level we're happy with, we can stop.

Other than that, new bukkit powers would be a must. That said, I do think the new powers etc should stay solely in the realm of grief control. Adding a plugin that lets people build tp signs etc, kinda feels like it goes against the whole vanilla MC experience that we have going on Planehacked.

Sooo, tentatively optomistic I guess. :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:20:17 pm by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: June 13, 2011, 09:40:21 pm »

Henge, you're riding the goods line. Try the one below it. Dragonshardz, maybe some signs would be helpful here.

Okay, regarding the opening the server up, I have my reservations that I've already expressed to Henge and Lord, but I guess it could work. I would advise the following though; bring new communities in gradually.
In other words advertise on one new forum, wait until the initial rush of new recruits dies down, then move on to the next, starting of course with the smaller communities. This will give us a more reasonable influx, allowing us mods to weed out the griefers a bit better, and if we reach a size level we're happy with, we can stop.

Other than that, new bukkit powers would be a must. That said, I do think the new powers etc should stay solely in the realm of grief control. Adding a plugin that lets people build tp signs etc, kinda feels like it goes against the whole vanilla MC experience that we have going on Planehacked.

Sooo, tentatively optomistic I guess. :P

That is more or less the course I plan to take.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3232 on: June 13, 2011, 10:27:56 pm »

Uh, yeah, the upper line is A. For goods only and B. Incomplete.

Also, I pitched adding SuperSlopes when we add Bukkit and PTTG shot it down. Sad daaaaaaaay.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 13, 2011, 11:18:58 pm »

Uh, yeah, the upper line is A. For goods only and B. Incomplete.

Also, I pitched adding SuperSlopes when we add Bukkit and PTTG shot it down. Sad daaaaaaaay.

A sign would have been nice.

I have something to say about the earth world.  After looking at several chunk errors, the world seems to have very sparce natural resources.  There isn't much to do there without resources.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3234 on: June 14, 2011, 12:09:44 am »

::::DDDD

I got opped. Gleeeeeee!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: June 14, 2011, 12:11:16 am »

::::DDDD

I got opped. Gleeeeeee!

Gratz.

I'd say welcome to the club, but I'm only in the club on the pup server.

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: June 14, 2011, 09:31:00 am »

Anyone wanna come on? :c I'm lonely and I can't find anything.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3237 on: June 14, 2011, 04:50:05 pm »

I'd say to keep the vanilla feel, however one thing I'd like to see added is a creeper neutralizing tool, either make them not damage constructions or do away with them completely. The slums are a mess because of them.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: June 14, 2011, 09:01:18 pm »

hmm just some questions:
 - what server soft are you using?
 - any plugins or whatnot? (permissions?)
 - any java coders available?

I have my own server, it's a Bukkit server with lotsa useful plugins, and supports up to 5 people at a time :P

Don't know Java but I know C/C++, C#, JS, PHP, HTML & CSS and some others to a lesser degree. I'm also fairly proficient with linux.

On an unrelated note, more powers for us OPs would be great
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:59 pm »

Anyone know what happened to all that metal in the depot a few days ago?

27 bars worth in that anvil alone! Please leave materials for the next player! If you want to use a large amount of a resource for some project, please gather as much as you can.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:45:27 pm by PTTG?? »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 271