No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357758 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: 1.6: The update of the beast
« Reply #3000 on: May 28, 2011, 06:50:24 pm »

SO someone told me that you can play online with a dial up connection...

is it true?
Back to Mafia with me!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3001 on: May 28, 2011, 06:59:48 pm »

...Henge had a chest?

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: May 28, 2011, 07:03:20 pm »

SO someone told me that you can play online with a dial up connection...

is it true?

What would stop you from trying? I'm sure you can, whether or not it would be fun is your decision.

The temple south of 45 is now 'done', though I'm going to add more buildings in the area around it I think. There is a spiral stairway down into the stone in the temple that you can use if you want to build a funeral plot/tomb for yourself/whatever fictional characters you wish to invent. I just ask that you use rooms that are as wide and tall as the staircase itself (IE: 6 wide and 3 tall) so that no one will accidentally strike another person's tomb. I've heard from another user that he/she wishes to build a graveyard, so you'll have alternative options available to you as well.

I have a new temple design I think might work well on Plot 53. The design is still fluid at this point so if you have any comments that would be awesome!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Henge had a chest?
I think it was either at his temp work site or somewhere in the quarry.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:05:47 pm by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: May 28, 2011, 07:31:24 pm »

hopefully I'll get Whitelisted soon...
Back to Mafia with me!

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: May 28, 2011, 08:22:23 pm »

@Logical: Nice design, but I'm not a fan of wood as a material for the "tower". If you want bricks you can take the ones I heated in the furnaces in my home on plot n°14, but there are only enough bricks for 9 blocks.

My chest was cleaned of all materials.  I am not happy.  There was some 30 gold, 110 glass, and around 91 iron, not to mention one or two stacks of coal.  That's just what paticularly mattered in the chest.
You're not the first one complaining about missing metals and other things, so I'm wondering who, excepting OJ, has a use for so much metals...
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: May 28, 2011, 09:14:46 pm »

...Henge had a chest?

It is under the birtch thingamajigy on plot 40.

The vanishing of my goods may not be so coincidental with the latest update of minecraft.  I do suggest everybody check their own chests.

As such, since my goods have gone missing and I do have a rough tally of what was there, don't gripe when I spawn them, please.

My chest was cleaned of all materials.  I am not happy.  There was some 30 gold, 110 glass, and around 91 iron, not to mention one or two stacks of coal.  That's just what paticularly mattered in the chest.
You're not the first one complaining about missing metals and other things, so I'm wondering who, excepting OJ, has a use for so much metals...

I'm not just complaining about the loss of metals and such.  I'm fine with people taking them, so long as they let me know.  What I am complaining about is that EVERYTHING in my chest is gone.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:19:22 pm by shadowsofwhite »
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: May 28, 2011, 09:56:48 pm »

The floating island conflict a little bit with the server, as if you fall you get disconnected as the server thinks the player is flying, as the damage for the void doesn't kill you fast enough, so you have to log back in a few times.

Anyway, I've set a small open air crafting area in a corner of the starting island with a bench, chest, furnace and a few torches placed around. Anyone who wants anything in the chest, feel free to grab it.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: May 28, 2011, 10:22:23 pm »

@Logical: Nice design, but I'm not a fan of wood as a material for the "tower". If you want bricks you can take the ones I heated in the furnaces in my home on plot n°14, but there are only enough bricks for 9 blocks.

yeah, it's supposed to be a bell-tower (there are no fences in cube kingdom so I had to make do with reeds) and I didn't think a brick bell tower next to a brick church would look very good. Maybe birch wood would be better?
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3008 on: May 29, 2011, 01:39:40 am »

I'm going to assume for now that there was an honest mistake here- someone probably saw some chests lying around and figured the stuff belonged in the public storage back at the mine. If we see any more thievery, I will shut down the server until we figure out what happened.

EVERYONE: ASSUME THAT YOU SHOULDN'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S PROJECTS.

If we see any more thievery, I will shut down the server until we figure out what happened.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: May 29, 2011, 03:57:42 am »

I'm not sure that I like this new floating islands server.
I set up a base though, "Speechlessgild". I also chucked a couple of doors and torches down and added to the chest.

Is the whitelist request we send in for the project server? Because I haven't got it yet, even though the list has been updated.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: May 29, 2011, 04:27:57 am »

The project server requests mainly go through me and the other OPs personally, to ensure a certain standard of building quality.

PM me and CC shadowsofwhite and Osmosis_Jones with the request and some screenshots of your work (anywhere in MC) and we'll gladly consider it.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: May 29, 2011, 04:40:31 am »

I'm going to assume for now that there was an honest mistake here- someone probably saw some chests lying around and figured the stuff belonged in the public storage back at the mine. If we see any more thievery, I will shut down the server until we figure out what happened.

EVERYONE: ASSUME THAT YOU SHOULDN'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S PROJECTS.

If we see any more thievery, I will shut down the server until we figure out what happened.

There is a server mod that enables access permission management for chests.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: May 29, 2011, 07:10:33 am »

Japa, your mushrooms went crazy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: May 29, 2011, 07:12:27 am »

You say that like it's a bad thing.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: May 29, 2011, 08:14:10 am »

:D
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 271