No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357800 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated again!
« Reply #2775 on: May 05, 2011, 04:40:01 pm »

You can shoot a man- you can kill a man. You can kill his house, burn down his wife, sell his kids to Canadians. That's all OK. You don't kill a man's dog. That's just not right.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: May 05, 2011, 05:22:43 pm »

which also raises the question of why there is a narrow sculpted tower in among a collection of hovels anyway?). I say this because I will eventually be doing some work on the top of that bluff (extending city walls along the cliff edge, for starters).

I've been doing most of the work on the north side of the slums, going with a concept of the slums being built over and around the ruins of older buildings, things like staircases and roads that are built over the top of, without regard for the original intent of the structures (columns partially blocking staircases for instance.  I think this gives a much better ambiance than tons of wooden planks.  The arch and tower being part of a concept of an older destroyed city gate/wall, which also includes the crumbling path behind the tower, and the staircases around it.

(iscyrus in game)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: May 05, 2011, 05:24:47 pm »

which also raises the question of why there is a narrow sculpted tower in among a collection of hovels anyway?). I say this because I will eventually be doing some work on the top of that bluff (extending city walls along the cliff edge, for starters).

I've been doing most of the work on the north side of the slums, going with a concept of the slums being built over and around the ruins of older buildings, things like staircases and roads that are built over the top of, without regard for the original intent of the structures (columns partially blocking staircases for instance.  I think this gives a much better ambiance than tons of wooden planks.  The arch and tower being part of a concept of an older destroyed city gate/wall, which also includes the crumbling path behind the tower, and the staircases around it.

(iscyrus in game)

Your slums building is awesome, keep going.

I'd like to see you make some modifications for the South side of the slums, and start expanding it SEE.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

We could wait on all this subway shit until 1.6 when Notch will hopefully add pistons so we can use PEW~PEWmatuaic tubes!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: May 05, 2011, 09:14:20 pm »

I very much doubt he will. Besides, pistons aren't exactly necessary for a subway system.

So no, mcclay. There is no sensible reason to wait for pistons at any stage of the project. They're highly peripheral, and will remain so.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: May 05, 2011, 09:52:47 pm »

I don't think pistons are coming in 1.6 anyway. Notch said something about it not meshing with the Minecraft world quite how he wants or something.

Though 1.6 is a fair bit off, so anything could happen I guess.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2781 on: May 05, 2011, 10:29:28 pm »

We could wait on all this subway shit until 1.6 when Notch will hopefully add pistons so we can use PEW~PEWmatuaic tubes!

And even then, the pistons don't like launching things sideways very much, so our pneumatic tubes would be horrifically inefficient.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: May 06, 2011, 02:29:38 am »

About the best use for pistons under ther current system would be as elevators to get you out of the subway stations faster, which is easy enough to retrofit in. The pneumatic tubes horizontally would either require ice (kind of difficult to legitimately get on this server :P) or about 15 blocks vertical clearance (a piston knocks you up, then across). I still want to try that, but it's not really a mainstream system :P

Also, I'll have a map up shortly showing where I've dug/will dig the subway tunnels, and we can sort out placing stations afterwards. As it is looking like the load distance was grossly under-exaggerated, we can have a sizable distance between stations, and still keep the possibility of later upgrading to a tradeback system (I'm starting to come back around on it, simply because my current experiments show I'll need maybe half the resources I originally thought; still ridiculously pricey, but no longer flatout impossible).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: May 06, 2011, 03:21:05 pm »

are the slums almost finished?

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: May 06, 2011, 04:15:47 pm »

are the slums almost finished?

My assumption is that the slums will never really be finished.  They are slums, and they will likely continue to expand, always.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: May 06, 2011, 04:46:15 pm »

The keep

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: May 07, 2011, 06:06:26 am »

Roads still aren't done.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2787 on: May 08, 2011, 03:55:46 am »

I'm totally going to make a Yakety Sax Hallway.

█ = wall
▓ = door
▒ = pressure plate
░ = floor

██████░░██████
█░░░▒▓░░▓▒░░░█
█░░███░░███░░█
█░░░▒▓░░▓▒░░░█
█░░███░░███░░█
█░░░▒▓░░▓▒░░░█
█░░███░░███░░█
█░░░▒▓░░▓▒░░░█
█░░███░░███░░█
█░░░▒▓░░▓▒░░░█
██████░░██████

Just a long string of doors across from each other that can be used to stage a chase scene suitable to play Yakety Sax with.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: May 08, 2011, 09:16:53 pm »

Is there any chance of getting an updated map and a cave-mode map as well? I've been staring at the scenery so long it's hard to remember where roads are supposed to be vs. where they are, and it'd be nice to know where the subway junctions are ending up.

That being said, the keep looks like it has a significant chunk of it done although walls of the lower area need to be looked at, and it looks like almost all of the roads are done (there's a glaring exception near the keep, and some of the gates). I haven't been around the slums too much since it's hard for me to get inspired in that area.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2789 on: May 09, 2011, 12:18:22 am »

I'll take a shot at it tomorrow.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 271