No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357814 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
PROJECT EISENHAUGE
« Reply #2730 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:37 am »

-=≡ Project Eisenhauge ≡=-
A Land of Opportunity

Project Eisenhague, the city in the Project Server, has now begun!

The general theme is Victorian Steampunk. Model architecture after various buildngs in London and England, with a high-tech, Victorian twist! This city, will have history, so remember to make old buildings too!

Organisation and building will take place in the form of Tasks, which are designed to guide the workforce into working and building co-operatively and in an efficient, organised manner. Each Task will have with it some guiding info to help you build better and faster.

The Task List is no longer being maintained. Read the pages for more info and start claiming city blocks here.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:46:41 pm by lordnincompoop »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated again!
« Reply #2731 on: May 01, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »

I'm still really early on this, but I wanted to sketch up a design for a temple in the city - bear in mind due to limitations of Cube Kingdom I'm not showing halfblocks or the roof, but here it is -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of the design inspiration is taken from Dwarf Fortress, the town name, and the Temple Church in London. There's going to be a roof and a second circular floor added on top, which I may do later. There are seven coffins in the rear chamber, in an obvious DF nod, along with a golden pickaxe (well, assuming I actually find some gold). I was trying to add an organ design to the dividing wall as well. The redstone in the floor will probably be replaced by something else.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: May 01, 2011, 04:42:46 pm »

I hope you are going to use red wool instead of raw redstone.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: May 01, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »

Nice temple! I like the design. :)

The majority of the roads are done. Can we have a new map to see the progress so far?

I also placed the roads surrounding the keep but I didn't fill the walls yet. I think that we should repeat the pattern of the city walls on the keep. Opinion(s)?
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2734 on: May 01, 2011, 07:28:25 pm »

Nice temple! I like the design. :)

The majority of the roads are done. Can we have a new map to see the progress so far?

I also placed the roads surrounding the keep but I didn't fill the walls yet. I think that we should repeat the pattern of the city walls on the keep. Opinion(s)?

You request is my command.

Spoiler: The Map (click to show/hide)

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: May 01, 2011, 07:49:59 pm »

Fuuuu. Twice I deleted my post as I was writing it. Arggh. Screw it. The gist; map looks awesome, especially the roads to the NE where they are nice and curvy. Church design looks great, have you got a suitable location in mind yet? Also, out of curiosity, what is that orange altar block?

If you want to repeat my wall design on the keep, by all means, go ahead. I can do it after I finish the NE wall segment, or I can come and do the fiddly bits next time Im on (basically towers/gates) and show someone else how to get the wall pattern down right.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: May 01, 2011, 08:34:22 pm »

I'm glad everyone seems to like the design! I'm going to go on and survey locations for a bit after I measure my current design's size.

Church design looks great, have you got a suitable location in mind yet? Also, out of curiosity, what is that orange altar block?

I was thinking down on the central coast, on that impossibly flat piece of land south of the fortress's cliffs.

The orange block was just going to be a magma fountain.

I hope you are going to use red wool instead of raw redstone.

I'm going to use some sort of stone or wool, possibly lightstone if I can get my hands on some. Redstone would be very interesting since it has that light-on-contact effect, but that might be a little too 'cheaty'.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: May 01, 2011, 10:16:04 pm »

a bit of the slums:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »

Feel free to go lumberjacking in moria if you need dark logs. we got pine trees down there.

just... whatever you do... don't put a bliddy road leading upto it. it's supposed to be secluded-ish.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2739 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:30 pm »

So remember that canyon that got covered over? I'm working on turning it into the underground parklike thing I came up with. Right now I'm working on removing the sand - Henge did express worry over the land beneath the city being hollow, but above a certain point in the cavern will be filled in to provide realistically stable support for the city. There will also be large pillars stretching from the floor of the cavern to the roof - I do have an overall plan, but right now I need help in removing the sand above the small lake.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2740 on: May 01, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »

Slums are looking great.

Something I'd like to have done is replace the flying railway with something along the coast. I'll play with it when I get a chance.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2741 on: May 01, 2011, 11:26:37 pm »

The flying railways are very temporary. Feel free to replace them when you want to.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: May 02, 2011, 12:32:31 am »

I wish to express concern about the aerial road near where the keep will be.  It is ugly, to be blunt, and that worries me, especially with its height and overall appearance disrupting the image of the city.  Just saying.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2743 on: May 02, 2011, 02:11:00 am »

I agree with Henge here - I'm told it is intended to be the wall of the keep, but it IS ugly and completely disrupts the feel of the city. Even for a keep, the walls should be similar to the outer walls and follow the terrain line, not be a sheer, perfectly leveled cobblestone box. I'm not sure who is responsible for the keep walls, but whomever it is, please consider improving the walls to better fit the general aesthetic of the city.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: May 02, 2011, 02:17:48 am »

This is, unfortunately, impossible if the hill for the keep to be on is the size of a pinhead.

I suggested raised roads to give more leeway when building, under the assumption that they'd be done well and be hidden well too, or built in some convincing manner.

Now, I'm fully confidendt that the builder will be able to finish his work, so I suggest y'alls wait 'til it's done first.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 271