No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357860 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated
« Reply #2700 on: April 26, 2011, 08:28:20 pm »

That said, the lighthouse is pretty much complete. I rewired everything to be confined to the top 2 levels. The wiring does work, but I think PTTG did something that made it glitch out, probably changing from night to day.

The idea is to make the doors open in a NESW sequence, but right now they just all open and close at the same time. The 4 repeaters that power the doors opening/closing can be unlinked, but I have them linked together so that the doors at least open and close all at the same time.

I'd like to replace the candle currently lighting the glass "bulb" with lightstone at some point.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 26, 2011, 08:56:00 pm »

I won't be on the server for a while cause Yogscast has eatwn my soul.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #2702 on: April 27, 2011, 01:27:45 am »

No, the whole idea was it to blink out morse code! That's what all the wiring was for!
1=0

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 27, 2011, 02:53:55 am »

That said, the lighthouse is pretty much complete. I rewired everything to be confined to the top 2 levels. The wiring does work, but I think PTTG did something that made it glitch out, probably changing from night to day.

That's the redstone bug, bane of circuit builders everywhere. It strikes at random, but in my experience seems to be more prevalent in places with lots of clocks. Aside from resetting the server, there's not much we can do about it.

The idea is to make the doors open in a NESW sequence, but right now they just all open and close at the same time. The 4 repeaters that power the doors opening/closing can be unlinked, but I have them linked together so that the doors at least open and close all at the same time.

Why do you have four seperate clocks on your tower all linked together? A single clock can drive that pattern with careful use of repeaters, and would reduce the chance of it jamming; currently if any one clock jams on, all are stuck, and there is a higher probability of at least one jamming in 4 clocks then in 1.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 27, 2011, 03:41:17 am »

That's the redstone bug, bane of circuit builders everywhere. It strikes at random, but in my experience seems to be more prevalent in places with lots of clocks. Aside from resetting the server, there's not much we can do about it.

Why do you have four seperate clocks on your tower all linked together? A single clock can drive that pattern with careful use of repeaters, and would reduce the chance of it jamming; currently if any one clock jams on, all are stuck, and there is a higher probability of at least one jamming in 4 clocks then in 1.

Because I'm a bit OCD when it comes to symmetry. Honestly, you can remove 3 repeaters and any redundant wiring if you'd like to, and if you can figure out how to make the doors open in that NESW sequence, without expanding the wiring beyond the level it is on (and preferably doing so in a way that is elegant and still allows access for bugfixing), I will give you half of my diamonds.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2705 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:18 am »

Yeah, huge error message.

It's been restarted. This is a bug I've seen before with 1.5.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 27, 2011, 09:57:50 am »

Yeah, it's down for me too :( Oh well. FAKEEDIT NINJAS, NINJAS EVERYWHERE!

In project news, I have the entire SE wall section pretty well complete, just need to fill in the guts, and tower insides. Likewise for the patch of wall between the first two towers west of the lighthouse. Also, since no one seems to have any plans for the top of the big bluff east of the city, I was wondering if I might have free reign over it? I've already asked Japa, and he's fine with it :) I have an idea that I think will look pretty sweet :P

The reason I'm asking here is because I'm going to be busy for a while doing the walls and hopefully later a subway station, and I'd like to make my intentions known now, to avoid any disagreements over it later.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

TickleFin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: April 28, 2011, 02:07:57 am »

Howdy everyone, Finally got my laptop to like me again and let me play minecraft. w00t.

So now im back on the server and noticed its all new. And i remember people talking about a project city. So who can tell me where to find it on the new map ? As id love to get involved and build some stuff.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 28, 2011, 07:31:19 am »

Howdy everyone, Finally got my laptop to like me again and let me play minecraft. w00t.

So now im back on the server and noticed its all new. And i remember people talking about a project city. So who can tell me where to find it on the new map ? As id love to get involved and build some stuff.

The project is in a completely different server (:6666), headed by me. Contact me via PM, email or steam (all a few pages back, too) with some examples of your work and I'll happily consider getting you involved.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 28, 2011, 09:04:19 am »

The project is in a completely different server (:6666), headed by me. Contact me via PM, email or steam (all a few pages back, too) with some examples of your work and I'll happily consider getting you involved.

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one that can ok some one... and just because you designed the basic layout, it doesn't make you project boss, it's a democracy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:05:54 am by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2710 on: April 28, 2011, 09:54:48 am »

It's actually more of a consensus. Anyway, TickleFin is relatively new, so we do want to make sure he's not a griefer and is willing to contribute. LNCP has done that before and I trust that judgement.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: April 28, 2011, 11:31:48 am »

I can vouch for ticklefin, as I know him in RL. He isn't a griefer, and tends to play mostly to spectate maps. I can't comment on his building quality though, as I haven't seen any of his stuff.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:46 am »

and just because you designed the basic layout, it doesn't make you project boss, it's a democracy

It's actually more of a consensus.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; speak up people. Lord can pretty much say he's in charge, because he's one of the few people that is taking charge. If you don't speak up, suggest ideas and designs, critique existing ones, and defend your own from critique, you really can't act surprised when someone else does. If only a few people make suggestions, they will naturally shape the resulting tasks, and once the tasks are underway, after all discussion on the topic is done, they are legitimately their own projects to control; they planned them, they discussed them, they get to implement them. In short, leadership belongs to those who claim it.

That's why, if anyone touches my walls, Ay keel dem -_-

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 28, 2011, 11:57:19 am »

The project is in a completely different server (:6666), headed by me.

You're the king? well I didn't vote for you.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: April 28, 2011, 12:08:01 pm »

The project is in a completely different server (:6666), headed by me.

You're the king? well I didn't vote for you.
You don't say?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 271