No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357902 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated
« Reply #2640 on: April 24, 2011, 03:46:37 am »

I'm heading toward the small island it's currently pointed at - and who's to say we can't make tunnels through the hills?

I say so. We're going with a minimum footprint thing here for now, okays?

It's a bridge that, quite frankly, is rather unnecessary at the moment. No work is being done on the map until we've finished discussing the city.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:09:37 am by lordnincompoop »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: April 24, 2011, 05:31:50 am »

I'm thinking of a fort above and around that cove, and a boat tunnel going beneath.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: April 24, 2011, 05:38:28 am »

What level have we decided on for the subway system?

Also, the house (not the storage bunker) at spawn got creepered due to me. Should I try to fix it up or was it going to be gone anyway?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: April 24, 2011, 05:50:25 am »

With regards to the subway system, I'd personally like to put it relatively near the surface; I'm thinking about 10-16 blocks below sea level. It's close enough that a single piston can launch you to the surface (I really reall really want these in this game so bad :P), and any trans ocean tunnels can have amazing sea views. It also means less trouble when making stations, a few seconds work with a pick, rather then having to run access lines down to bedrock or level 17 etc.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #2644 on: April 24, 2011, 08:22:40 am »

Seeing as we're doing it London style, I've worked out a clock (in binary however, might have to design a small BCD converter) that is relative to the minecraft day/night cycle to go on 'Big Ben' or similar.
1=0

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: April 24, 2011, 08:34:52 am »

I've set up a tree farm under the spawn storage bunker to make it easier to get wood once mining and construction begins. If it gets in the way of any future constructions I can fill it in.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: April 24, 2011, 08:41:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is what we've got so far. West end would be middle/upper residential, northeast civic and southeast lower to middle class residential and waterfront. Beyond the walls on the east would be slums.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions before we get started building, but it's getting closer.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: April 24, 2011, 08:47:14 am »

This is what we've got so far. West end would be middle/upper residential, northeast civic and southeast lower to middle class residential and waterfront. Beyond the walls on the east would be slums.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions before we get started building, but it's getting closer.
I see the fortress marked out on that diagram, but is there a port area envisioned yet? Looks like north of the fortress might be for that purpose. Likewise, what does the red x on the southeast island mean?

A further concern - how will the walls be accessed? I would imagine they would also be connected to the fortress - perhaps another layer of tunnels/subways underneath the civic ones for defense purposes?
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: April 24, 2011, 08:51:44 am »

Since we're building a city in the mid 20th century I expect the walls will be largely decorative by then. It'll be largely ruined, so con't expect the line to hold steady.

Red x marks an island for removal. i'd like the desert north of the fortress to be irrigated too, and turned temperate.

The port is the little upside-down bowl shape north of the red X.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: April 24, 2011, 10:46:39 am »

Steampunk is more 19th century. The walls shouldn't be ruined, they should be intact. Apart from that I'm ok with it so far, though I think the walls should all connect and we should have large arches/gates to pass through them. Wall access could be provided by placing towers at intersections and using them to get into/onto the wall
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: April 24, 2011, 10:55:00 am »

I would like to get signed up for the project my minecraft account is clapton2000 as for skill I made deephold that a few people have seen.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 24, 2011, 11:20:46 am »

Steampunk is more 19th century. The walls shouldn't be ruined, they should be intact. Apart from that I'm ok with it so far, though I think the walls should all connect and we should have large arches/gates to pass through them. Wall access could be provided by placing towers at intersections and using them to get into/onto the wall

If pistons get added, wall access will be via pneumatic tube. :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 24, 2011, 11:31:48 am »

If pistons get added, wall access will be via pneumatic tube. :P

Awesome!
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 24, 2011, 11:44:13 am »

I wa helpful on the peoject. Is there any reason the site is far away from spawn. Can I see the plans.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: April 24, 2011, 11:46:23 am »

This looks pretty spiffy. Are specific blocks/buildings already claimed or can I freely construct in an open area so long as it follows the planned theme? Also, what's the scale on that map? If it's pixel-to-block I'd be happy to start laying down the planned roads.
... and then it explodes!
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 271