No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358293 times)

zlacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Taking Whitelist Requests
« Reply #2025 on: February 23, 2011, 02:00:45 am »

About the lapis "problem", a nice new map would kind of solve that too right?  Counting on there being easily accessible un-generated terrain  :)

Also im getting connection refused error messages when trying to connect to the server, whats up with that?

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #2026 on: February 23, 2011, 05:18:17 am »

We're not starting a new map.
1=0

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 23, 2011, 05:31:34 am »

About the lapis "problem", a nice new map would kind of solve that too right?  Counting on there being easily accessible un-generated terrain  :)

Also im getting connection refused error messages when trying to connect to the server, whats up with that?

A new map is not going to be generated. If you want lapis, you can travel out to any land that has birtch or pine somewhere on it, and that land is fresh enough to have lapis deposits.

You are getting a "Connection Refused" error, because, while the server is online, it is inactive, due to the update. It will likely remain inactive until sometime mid-day/mid-afternoon, wednesday, pacific time.  (This is a rough estimate, as I am not entirely sure what else PTTG is doing to the server.)
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 23, 2011, 07:48:03 am »

Over by Cliffton, there's lapis, I know because I found 4 or so. Speaking of which, where did my lapis go?....
1=0

zlacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57:18 am »

k, nice to know about the server. I was a bit unclear, i meant a carthograph (or other utility) map, not a new world  ;)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2030 on: February 23, 2011, 11:54:23 pm »

Server is back with no map changes. The map was updated, taking 98 billion nanoseconds. As soon as Minecraft.net comes back, you can log in.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 24, 2011, 12:06:43 am »

Server is back with no map changes. The map was updated, taking 98 billion nanoseconds. As soon as Minecraft.net comes back, you can log in.

So... 98 seconds then?

Alright... on the map, and apparently every single deployed cart has vanished. This will be fun. Scratch that... they just didn't show up. Relogging fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:21:10 am by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2032 on: February 24, 2011, 02:50:15 am »

Oh, I aught to point out that we are anticipating power outages, network failures, and rogue yetis in the coming days. Current estimates put total snowfall as approximately a foot in our region, with snow as far as San Fransisco.

So, be aware the connection may fail in the next few days, but for awesome reasons. We will endeavor to prevent map loss in these outages.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 24, 2011, 03:00:13 am »

Oh, I aught to point out that we are anticipating power outages, network failures, and rogue yetis in the coming days. Current estimates put total snowfall as approximately a foot in our region, with snow as far as San Fransisco.

So, be aware the connection may fail in the next few days, but for awesome reasons. We will endeavor to prevent map loss in these outages.
Oh, I aught to point out that we are anticipating power outages, network failures, and rogue yetis in the coming days. Current estimates put total snowfall as approximately a foot in our region, with snow as far as San Fransisco..
Current estimates put total snowfall as approximately a foot in our region, with snow as far as San Fransisco..
with snow as far as San Fransisco..
snow...San Fransisco..

o_O

the hell!

everything I know is wrong!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2034 on: February 24, 2011, 03:04:35 am »

I live in San Francisco, but I am doubting snow...but it has happened here before. Last time was about 30 years ago. I better go cover my fruit trees...

Power wont go out, i bet.
I got nothing

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 24, 2011, 05:39:05 am »

The last snow in San Francisco, to my memory, was in 1976 or so.

I live in San Francisco, but I am doubting snow...but it has happened here before. Last time was about 30 years ago. I better go cover my fruit trees...

Power wont go out, i bet.

The chances of power outages around where the server is based is more than likely, considering it is quite a bit "up the hill" from the Bay Area.
Ordinarily, the power companies are fairly good at keeping power outages from happening for too long, but with the number of trees in the area, a heavy snow will almost invariably knock out the power.  We will be lucky if the power stays on.

Is there a way to turn of Slimes, specifically? They are immortal, and spawn in any light level at elevation 16-. This has made progress in the UWP impossible.

[edit]SLIMES WILL NOT SPAWN ON GRASS! Tested and proven by the grassy marvels of the UWP.[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:11:09 am by shadowsofwhite »
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 24, 2011, 12:58:19 pm »

Mega Project: Cathedral
Location - Past Moria, take the south line from GC (temp booster at the moment).

Plans: Gothicish Cathedral based on these plans of Exeter Cathedral -
(You can guess where I live).
1=0

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 24, 2011, 01:14:02 pm »

Okay guys, Grand Central's south platform is now operational. It still needs a little beautifying and signposting, and I haven't actually hooked the outgoing lines up, but all vital redstone and track work is now complete. Have fun, and try not to break it.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 24, 2011, 01:53:15 pm »

(You can guess where I live).

Belford?

Okay guys, Grand Central's south platform is now operational. It still needs a little beautifying and signposting, and I haven't actually hooked the outgoing lines up, but all vital redstone and track work is now complete. Have fun, and try not to break it.

Awesome.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 24, 2011, 03:55:14 pm »

SmackinJuice
I like to mine and help mega projects

Can I join?
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 271