No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358390 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: UPGRADE COMPLETE!
« Reply #1785 on: February 02, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 02, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »

No, this was all on a separate, entirely local machine. The main server wasn't involved.
Did you delete the bedrock floor?

The King of Eggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:02 am »

Why was i kicked?

257mail

The King of Eggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 03, 2011, 12:52:45 am »

and then banned?

all i was doing was looking around, I did not know that flying around to get my bearings was ban worth...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:29 am »

Cheating is generally ban-worthy.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:56 am »

Hacking is an EXTREMELY suspicious action.

And actually, you were banned twice. I don't know how you got back in the first time.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:17:46 am by shadowsofwhite »
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1791 on: February 03, 2011, 01:13:48 am »

Wait what?

I'd like to use this to set a precident: Ask here first before using ANYTHING that effects the game like that. Mods are allowed, and encouraged, to warn, kick, or ban people using hacks without permission. This is a mainly vanilla server, so unless you're planning to do some special project that needs some special utility, we'd like to avoid them.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 03, 2011, 01:18:49 am »

Thank you, I feel the same sentiment.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

DwarfWalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 03, 2011, 02:41:32 pm »

I am pissed off. Very pissed off. So pissed off that I am leaving this server.

The reason for my anger is largely that my current project has been covered in ice, apparently by a mod for "lack of building rights". Firstly, what the hell? ALL the founders of port royal were online when I proposed this, and Invillain clearly expressed his approval. There was more than enough time to voice objections at the start of the project.

I appreciate that some people may not have liked this structure, especially considering its size and style. I maintain that had I been allowed to finish it, it would proved more than satisfactory in terms of aesthetics. Maybe people were put off by its being in the sky, despite my intention to add supports. Also, there is a bloody cloud city thing right next to it so that really holds no water as an argument.

However, if people had said they didn't like it, I would have been happy to dismantle it and thereby recover my resources from this project and move on to something else. I admit I was a little forceful in pushing forward with it, but no clear objection was stated by the founders, and I really felt it would look good in time.

But to come along while I was offline and then have the fucking cheek to cover the damn thing in ice to make a bloody snide comment on a sign is way out of line. I wasn't even given a chance to defend it, and some bloody trigger happy idiot has just ruined it.

And that is the main cause for my anger. Do you know how much effort went into that thing? All of my remaining resources were invested in it and now they are not even recoverable. I made 9 fucking different layout plans for this thing, I spent 3 hours reading up on Roman architecture, I was damn excited about it, and if I was at all pushy then it was because I really liked it. To come along and just  dismiss all that without even talking to me about it makes me so bloody mad.

I have lost heart for this. I tried removing some of the ice but it will just take to damn long and require a whole bloody mine of blocks to remove the water. I tried building over the ice but all my cobble was used up making the original structure. I can't be bothered to start again, and this has really put me down.

Goodbye, and I hope whoever did this is happy.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:48:09 pm by DwarfWalrus »
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 03, 2011, 03:19:58 pm »

If all the founders were online to approve, that can mean a third party or a vigilante.

I must say, I'm very disappointed by both you, DW, and the perpetrator.
Mods are not supposed to abuse their powers. That is rule numero uno in the Handbook of Common Sense. Come on, you should know this. I had a bad vibe about the building rights rules, and now it happened.
You don't just run out there and grief a structure because you believe it has no rights. You make sure it has rights, then handle it in a mature manner, with discussion. I'm going to stop my thing here because quite frankly this is (or should be) an entry requirement of an OP, and if you need this explained to you then perhaps you aren't suited to be one. This was both reckless and rude, and I sincerely hope this won't happen in the future.

I am also disappointed in you, DW. Though your points are valid and your concerns seem well-founded, sinply ragequitting is not constructive, nor is it mature. It will only further the griefer's cause, and will make the discovery and punishment of said griefer more difficult.
I am sorry, DW, that this happened to you. I really am. But the simple truth is that these things happen, and occasionally people slip through the net.
But that does not give you a good reason to condemn the rest of us. We do try (or at least, I'd like to think we do), and the community is really just awesome the rest of the time. To abandon all that because of one unsavoury individual is rather silly. Would you leave a school, say, because of one bully?

I'd like the person responsible to step forward, first of all. It'll make everyone's jobs easier, and your evasion will only delay your punishment by a bit, if you are found guilty. If you step forward I think that would at least show some maturity from you, and I hope that would end in a lighter punishment.

DW, I assume you mean the floating colosseum draft in the city. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 03, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »

What happened here? I need to look at the logs. I can't make any statements until I've read that.

Freak

• Bay Watcher
  • World's Deadliest Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 03, 2011, 03:31:29 pm »

What happened here? I need to look at the logs. I can't make any statements until I've read that.

The Henge Prophet was in a bad mood and took it out on DwarfWalrus' project by covering it in ice.

DwarfWalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 03, 2011, 03:34:39 pm »

You are indeed correct, it is the floating object in port royal, although it is an amphitheatre. However, it was intended to incorporate elements of colosseum design.

With regards to the rage quit, its not much of a rage, more of a depression quit. I have had a rather bad day, and I was really looking forward to working on my project, and to find it like that was very disheartening.

The community is indeed excellent on this server, and I hope nobody takes this as annoyance against the whole server, as the people here are great. I have just lost some of my motivation for playing minecraft, and I probably won't be going on any servers for a while.

That said,  I may well return, the previous post was made in the heat of the moment following my attempts to repair the amphitheatre. I probably overreacted somewhat, and in hindsight, I would not say that I am leaving, but rather taking a brief hiatus.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 03, 2011, 03:43:38 pm »

The Henge Prophet was in a bad mood and took it out on DwarfWalrus' project by covering it in ice.

I hope PTTG finishes reading the logs then, so we can find out who did this.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 03, 2011, 03:58:24 pm »

I'll talk to TheHengeProfit. There are two policies we can take from this.

1: Before changing something that could effect someone else's work, talk to them first.

2: Mods: Mod is short for moderator. Someone who is moderate. Someone cool, calm, and collected. Don't mod mad, and importantly, don't simply destroy something. You need to explain a why something is bad, and offer the player a chance to explain why they did something. If no-one minds, it's generally best to let things be.

DwarfWalrus: You're welcome back whenever you like, and we'll see about either fixing the structure or having you build something new elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 271