No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358496 times)

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Netherlands
« Reply #1410 on: December 27, 2010, 11:39:25 pm »

Probably in the same place he 'Found' the skellie dungeon, most likely in a chest nearby?  :P

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 27, 2010, 11:43:08 pm »

Probably in the same place he 'Found' the skellie dungeon, most likely in a chest nearby?  :P

DINGDINGDING WE HAVE A WIENER!!

As an aside, I have one left over, and since there aint much I can do with it, I'll happily give it up to any poor fool with 1 or 2 string of their own.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 27, 2010, 11:49:25 pm »

Rex lieks ur servar.

I've decided to start frequenting it. Im finding a place within the catacombs of the main base to set up my own. Knocked down a few of the trees in the treefarm, but I replanted. Took some tools from the extra tools chest, then walked too close to some netherrack and died. Respawned and grabbed my tools, found the skele dungeon, re-constructed the wall you guys knocked down to see what was inside, so dont worry about them shooting at you if you go down there. Its the only cobblestone more then 1x1 wide down there, so it wont be hard to find.

Still, love how the server is mostly vanilla. I lieky.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1413 on: December 28, 2010, 01:58:16 am »

So, I was trying to come up with a name for the new update. This was in the after-lunch coma. I (and I am one hundred percent serious) vaguely thought, well, it's like the normal landscape, except it's got nether all over it. I kinda thought that if you put those two things together, it sounds pretty good- "Nether-land"- and an "s" just kinda fit on the end there automatically. I had some twinkling of an idea that there was something else connected to it, but I couldn't remember what it was.

I just now realized that there is also a country with that name. Huh.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 28, 2010, 04:36:49 am »

It should be Mosaic Earth :3

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 28, 2010, 08:36:55 am »

the spare tools chest is kind of a community thing...

man I need to take another crack at that farm.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 28, 2010, 09:50:17 am »

Rex lieks ur servar.

I've decided to start frequenting it. Im finding a place within the catacombs of the main base to set up my own. Knocked down a few of the trees in the treefarm, but I replanted. Took some tools from the extra tools chest, then walked too close to some netherrack and died. Respawned and grabbed my tools, found the skele dungeon, re-constructed the wall you guys knocked down to see what was inside, so dont worry about them shooting at you if you go down there. Its the only cobblestone more then 1x1 wide down there, so it wont be hard to find.

Still, love how the server is mostly vanilla. I lieky.

New update on my personal going-ons in the server.

After much (Much) exploring, I decided on an area for my base. It's reachable through a pathway underneath the stairwell that descends from the main base's main floor to the tree farm, and is pretty far into it, you need to walk within one tile of lava in one instance in order to reach the main door. Anyways, dug out a 10x8x4 hole for me to fit all my chests/benches/furnaces in, and started mining a tower to the surface (Mind you, my base is within 5 blocks of bedrock, so it's very far down). It took 45 minutes or so, but there is now a 6x4x?? (30 zlvls of stairs? No idea.) stairwell going from the tree (And ghast) rich surface to the mineral rich bowels of the earth. I plan to extend that tower some 20 zlvls into the air, and create a nice huge keep, the first above-ground tower in Planepacked :3. Though I have NO idea how I will pull that off with all the *shudders* Ghast.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 28, 2010, 10:49:10 am »

I just now realized that there is also a country with that name. Huh.

I live in the Netherlands :P It's the reason why I was reading this thread lol. I was like 'huh? PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Netherlands? What the...*click*' :P

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 28, 2010, 11:25:36 am »

Now that you're Nether and I'm not, once Jaycraft is back to its regularly scheduled map, we should grab that hMod plugin that allows the obsidian portals to teleport people between servers in order to form a more perfect union :V
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 28, 2010, 11:33:08 am »

I likey Jay's idea.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 28, 2010, 11:37:26 am »

Meow, as much as I like Jaycraft, the jc community is a lot bigger. I like how small planehacked is :3

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 28, 2010, 11:49:03 am »

While I'm not opposed to a stargate system, I'd prefer to allow my server to be economically self-contained... also, that would work best if we made sure all mods on both servers where the same, if players expect to travel between them as if they where the same "world".

Still, I like the idea of cross-server connections of some sort or annother. I wonder if that preserves the space contraction effects...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 28, 2010, 12:02:59 pm »

I don't think special mechanics are enabled in SMP. We just get the Nether blocks.

That said, an interserver union/hMod for Planehacked would be ossum.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 28, 2010, 12:03:15 pm »

Still, I like the idea of cross-server connections of some sort or annother. I wonder if that preserves the space contraction effects...
As of the last time I looked at it, no, because it doesn't even care if one server is Nether or not.
You can have multiple portals link to different servers, too, I believe.
It might have been updated.
While I'm not opposed to a stargate system, I'd prefer to allow my server to be economically self-contained...
Yeah.  Jaycraft's economy is hard to replicate, being that Soulwynd made it for us :P
Nah, but really, our economy is just as much better off self-contained as yours is.  That being said, your server being the Nether and all, how exactly does being self-contained -work-?  Last I checked, 95% of materials don't exist there...
also, that would work best if we made sure all mods on both servers where the same if players expect to travel between them as if they where the same "world".
It doesn't have to be considered to be the same "world".  As I implied above, not every portal on each map has to/will go to the other server.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:05:01 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 28, 2010, 12:09:44 pm »

I've modded the map to have a considerable region of normal space around the spawn point, surrounded by endless wastes.

Well, that sounds fine then. I'll take a look for the mod.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 271