No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358528 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server:It's BETA than before!
« Reply #1320 on: December 20, 2010, 05:10:07 pm »

For anyone still trying to figure out the slight tweak, here's a hint:

I SWITCHED IT TO NETHER MODE

I was trying to think of a way to mod it so that most of the space would be nether, with little islands of regular terrain. Anyone know how to go about that? I was considering the biome mod, but it looks like that won't do it. While I'm at it, it'd be nice to add normal materials to nether too, like coal and metal deposits. And maybe spawn normal monsters, since just zompigmen and wraiths are boring.

Anyway, if you stop by the server, I'll give you some wood, torches, and stone to get started, since there isn't any in normal nether.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 20, 2010, 09:48:36 pm »

Yeah... I noticed. I think there IS a way to gen chunks of normal land (actually I've seen it done the other way around with nether chunks in normal land but still).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 20, 2010, 11:06:48 pm »

The thread I saw (albeit for single player) basically said start the game, then virtually the second it loads, shut it down, switch to nether, and let it continue generating. Gives you a green island in the nether.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 21, 2010, 12:19:39 am »

You could do that in single player, save the map, and upload it to the server.HOWEVER I'm pretty sure this will mean all the monsters that spawn will be normal ones, not nether ones.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 21, 2010, 03:11:36 am »

Isn't this supposed to be the vanilla server?

Bleh, it's not like I can really play much anyway. Stupid network card.  >:(

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 21, 2010, 04:04:09 am »

Well, strictly speaking, it's a bog-standard server except for the nether mode switch being thrown.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 21, 2010, 12:49:34 pm »

OK, so I have a few ideas:

- All Nether with hidden chests full of supplies (dirt, lumber, ores, coal, and crafted items)

- Nether with alternating normal world chunks- I can only seem to find crude ways to do that, mainly by first generating the starting area, then saving the world and toggling the settings while reloading the world. That'd make a largeish normal world area surrounded by infinite nether, or vice versa.

- Regular world with biome mod, which mainly would add new trees and allow for larger biomes... while I am at it, I'd make all the ore deposits much larger, why not.

What does everybody want?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 21, 2010, 01:20:52 pm »

Either the second or the third. The first will be hard to do IMO.

I bet you can find a way to make Nether worlds with normal patches with a biome mod. Maybe.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 21, 2010, 02:20:12 pm »

You /could/ always use MCEdit to place bits of normal land in the Nether.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 21, 2010, 03:06:06 pm »

You /could/ always use MCEdit to place bits of normal land in the Nether.

+1

Edit: I just logged on and it was all craaaaazy...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:09:59 pm by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 21, 2010, 03:34:28 pm »

Hey guys, long time no see.  Probably gonna come back soon.

Anyways, I'd rather see 3.  ! doesn't sound too much fun, 2 would be interesting though.

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 21, 2010, 09:33:35 pm »

Well, strictly speaking, it's a bog-standard server except for the nether mode switch being thrown.

I've never visited the nether, but from what I've heard it doesn't contain stone, trees, or ore. It might be an interesting place at first, but what would you do there?

Aside from that one case, I don't care if you alter the environment by changing biomes or tweaking resources or whatever. That's just "changing settings" in my opinion, because the game is still fundamentally the same Minecraft we all bought. What I don't want to see is a bunch of mods that change or add things not in keeping with the game's character, like UFOs, land zoning, and complex economies. No sci-fi or hierarchical systems, please.  :)

- Nether with alternating normal world chunks- I can only seem to find crude ways to do that, mainly by first generating the starting area, then saving the world and toggling the settings while reloading the world. That'd make a largeish normal world area surrounded by infinite nether, or vice versa.

Having a large normal-world area surrounded by nether actually sounds like an interesting idea. Kind of an "oasis of civilization struggling to survive in the middle of a hostile wilderness" feel to it. It would certainly give people a reason to stay near spawn, work together, and be social instead of everyone wandering off and doing their own thing, which could be fun. Maybe we could build a town in the middle, with a massive cobblestone wall at the edge of the nether to keep the gasts out. I don't know if you could make ore spawn in the nether, but having valuable deposits near the surface would give a reason to launch expeditions into dangerous territory.

Large biomes are nice too, I guess.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 21, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »

I've never visited the nether, but from what I've heard it doesn't contain stone, trees, or ore. It might be an interesting place at first, but what would you do there?

Aside from that one case, I don't care if you alter the environment by changing biomes or tweaking resources or whatever. That's just "changing settings" in my opinion, because the game is still fundamentally the same Minecraft we all bought. What I don't want to see is a bunch of mods that change or add things not in keeping with the game's character, like UFOs, land zoning, and complex economies. No sci-fi or hierarchical systems, please.  :)

Having a large normal-world area surrounded by nether actually sounds like an interesting idea. Kind of an "oasis of civilization struggling to survive in the middle of a hostile wilderness" feel to it. It would certainly give people a reason to stay near spawn, work together, and be social instead of everyone wandering off and doing their own thing, which could be fun. Maybe we could build a town in the middle, with a massive cobblestone wall at the edge of the nether to keep the gasts out. I don't know if you could make ore spawn in the nether, but having valuable deposits near the surface would give a reason to launch expeditions into dangerous territory.

Large biomes are nice too, I guess.

This post has been tested and has been found to contain pure awesome.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 22, 2010, 12:05:09 am »

I'm no regular to the Planepacked server, but this sounds really, really fun. My insubstantial voice is thrown in support for this idea.
My probably just as insubstantial voice also is thrown in.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 22, 2010, 12:34:31 am »

Yeah. Start with a normal world, explore for a few clicks, then flip to nether.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 271