No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358594 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: THANKFUL it's back
« Reply #1185 on: November 25, 2010, 12:45:56 pm »

No, we have several ops.

I'd like to have ops that are more limited to being only able to do kicks and 24-hour bans.

For the meantime, I'd like to remind ops that anyone can get things from your chests, and don't go crazy when it comes to creating stuff. I want to encourage player trading.

Oh, and let's see about making a communal fortress near the spawn that players can use in case of nightfall.

In a day or two, I'll update the server software. Now go eat some Turkey.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:49:11 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 25, 2010, 12:52:58 pm »

Which reminds me.

Can I get my Op position back?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 25, 2010, 04:55:37 pm »

I'd like to have ops that are more limited to being only able to do kicks and 24-hour bans.

I'm glad to hear we are on the same page when it comes to OPs spawning items/blocks. For survival having everyone on a level playing field is neat.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 25, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »

Actually, I didn't cheat... I went down into a Cave, collected alot of Lava, made some Lava pools and covered the area with water...
I Casted that area. Its annoying to dig up Obsidian with Iron Picks though. Sadly I had to cheat for a bit in getting enough stone due to a bug that prevented me to pick things up...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 25, 2010, 06:39:22 pm »

Oh, and let's see about making a communal fortress near the spawn that players can use in case of nightfall.

If anyone really needs shelter near spawn in the meantime, I'm building a big one on the the sand mountain directly behind spawn (eg turn 180 when you spawn, keep going straight past the cactus fence). The entrance is a bunch of wool blocks on the right hand side.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 26, 2010, 12:29:07 pm »

I rebooted the server and updated the server. Update your clients!
Also, I cast "dispel invisibility" on the monsters.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 26, 2010, 12:55:54 pm »

Aaaand we're back. Some map corruption unfortunately, so the map has been restarted. We have the latest version.

Minecraft.net went down briefly, but it's up now too. The new spawn point is in a cold biome with tons of mountains. It's awesome. Good places for monster-proof castles.
That reminds me, let me know and I can give you artificial snow to fill in areas that you've dug out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:23:09 pm by PTTG?? »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 26, 2010, 05:09:10 pm »

Banned a guy named "Yo" for an offensive skin.

Leinad

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 26, 2010, 05:13:38 pm »

I switched my skin to something not offensive, im "yo", I forgot I had it set as that. Apologies

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 26, 2010, 05:30:47 pm »

You've been pardoned.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 26, 2010, 08:47:57 pm »

Man, I spawn and its the middle of the night. Fearing for my life, I breath a sigh of relief when I see the spawn shelter. I run in and close the doors. Except they open again. So I close them. AND THEY OPEN. Repeat fifty times. Eventually, I give up, and just cower at the back of the shelter. It seems to work, the sky is turning bright, I'm almost safe. Then a creeper drops down right in front of me. He just sits there and stares. He isnt coming in, he isnt going away. Taunting me. Eventually I try to run for it. Alas, I am not fast enough, and he explodes.

Yet, I SURVIVE! 2 wobbly hearts left, but I'm alive. I pick up the pieces and start rebuilding the shelter. Then BAM! FLAMING ZOMBIE! :(
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 26, 2010, 10:05:05 pm »

Bit of a forest fire. We got it repaired.

Please, do not play with magma or fire on the surface. Only use it underground and away from wooden structures.

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 27, 2010, 02:29:03 am »

You know the server is run by dwarves when the first thing you see upon spawning is a blast crater.  :)

I logged on earlier, but I'm new to multiplayer and I didn't know the rules or which trees were safe to punch so I mainly just wandered around looking at the scenery until it got dark. Then I ran and hid in the only structure I could find, which turned out to be PTTG's house. Hope you didn't mind me checking out your reed garden or cowering behind the workbench.

Unfortunately, my computer started getting bluescreens after a couple day/night cycles. I may have found a fix on the Minecraft forums, but I don't know yet if it worked. If it did, I think I'll go gather up some materials and craft some tools, then wander off towards some interesting landmark where I can begin a mysterious construction. Or build a hovel; I'm not that good at making complex structures yet.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 27, 2010, 03:34:12 am »

You know the server is run by dwarves when the first thing you see upon spawning is a blast crater.  :)

I logged on earlier, but I'm new to multiplayer and I didn't know the rules or which trees were safe to punch so I mainly just wandered around looking at the scenery until it got dark. Then I ran and hid in the only structure I could find, which turned out to be PTTG's house. Hope you didn't mind me checking out your reed garden or cowering behind the workbench.

Unfortunately, my computer started getting bluescreens after a couple day/night cycles. I may have found a fix on the Minecraft forums, but I don't know yet if it worked. If it did, I think I'll go gather up some materials and craft some tools, then wander off towards some interesting landmark where I can begin a mysterious construction. Or build a hovel; I'm not that good at making complex structures yet.
Build a comically over-sized penis. The urge to troll beckons!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #1199 on: November 27, 2010, 03:49:50 am »

Man, SMP crashes my game.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 271