No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358672 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Returns!
« Reply #960 on: October 25, 2010, 09:53:25 pm »

TNT Mining for Beginners...

If for some reason you have been granted a few TNT I am sure you would love to go around blasting the fuck out of everything, and you may think that it will speed up mining, but if used poorly you may not only make a mess and result in something that will take 3 times as long to clean up by hand, but also damage parts of the Walls that need to remain in place...

There is a few things to remember when Blasting,
1: Never do OPEN blasting, this is where you just dump a TNT on the ground and hit it, the AOE is highly random and destroys alot of needed stone or make alot of edges that need to be mined out by hand...
2: TNT can be controlled via use of stone themselves. Placing stone on all sides of the TNT so it is completely sealed will cause it to destroy the 3x3x3 area around it.
3: Open areas in the 3x3x3 will not stop the explosion, if left unsealed the explosion passes through these gaps and destroys space around it, this includes the corner pieces of the 3x3x3 area.
4: TNT can suspend via placing against an open air tile, but when hit it will detatch and fall down, exploding when it hits the ground, it also no longer solid...

For effective Blasting dig a hole 2 tiles deep and place a TNT at the bottom of this. After hitting the TNT it will destroy the stones in the 3x3x3 pattern around it, though it will also expend a force directly upwards so any important stone above that hole will be destroyed, placing a stone over the TNT after lighting it will keep the explosive under complete control...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:42:11 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 26, 2010, 02:59:14 am »

All good points Neyvn but I'd add some more.

If you misplace some TNT call for an OP; The use of water can completely nullify the TNT's destructive power. It's just a shame buckets don't work. A few water blocks could be given with TNT I suppose.

Be careful around torches as they can lead to TNT in weird places such as on top of the block the torch is in.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 26, 2010, 03:04:24 am »

Oh god what happened guys.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #963 on: October 26, 2010, 08:40:25 am »

Nothing is messed up, but a guide is nice.  Now we won't need to do cleanup or explain TNT mining as often.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 26, 2010, 08:49:52 am »

Maybe next time I am On I will do some Screenshots of How to Mine with TNT, or something...
Just to show here, the is most likely a Vid in Youtube or something, but it will help.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #965 on: October 26, 2010, 08:55:41 am »

Thinking about it, would it be possible to just copy and paste the Stone City chunks from this map to the next?  I know there are utilities for this sort of thing, and backwards compatibility is guaranteed.  There could be side effects from mixing and matching what version the chunks are from though.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 26, 2010, 08:57:25 am »

Update Countdown

Just a simple reminder...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 26, 2010, 09:27:45 am »

Thinking about it, would it be possible to just copy and paste the Stone City chunks from this map to the next?  I know there are utilities for this sort of thing, and backwards compatibility is guaranteed.  There could be side effects from mixing and matching what version the chunks are from though.

As far as I know there isn't.

Maybe next time I am On I will do some Screenshots of How to Mine with TNT, or something...
Just to show here, the is most likely a Vid in Youtube or something, but it will help.

Oh shit don't post the Stone City theeeeeeereeeee! It's not done yeeet!

I'll do the big reveal myself when it's done, okay? ;)

Update Countdown

Just a simple reminder...

Damn. 4 days?

Let's pick up the pace guys! Hup hup hup!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 26, 2010, 04:19:31 pm »

Oh shit don't post the Stone City theeeeeeereeeee! It's not done yeeet!

I'll do the big reveal myself when it's done, okay? ;)
WOW Fail to read there. Who said I was even putting ON youtube. I said that there is most likely already a How To Mine with TNT vid on Youtube...
Gee mate, Stress Less Princess...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 26, 2010, 08:24:16 pm »

@Nevyn, agree, except for 1 point.

For effective Blasting dig a hole 2 tiles deep and place a TNT at the bottom of this.

A 3 tile deep hole works better, placing the tnt in the first block of the hole, then letting it drop when you knock it consistently knocked out a 4x3 hole for me. That said, I leave the drill shaft unfilled, I don't whether you do or not.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 27, 2010, 03:38:11 am »

@Nevyn, agree, except for 1 point.

For effective Blasting dig a hole 2 tiles deep and place a TNT at the bottom of this.

A 3 tile deep hole works better, placing the tnt in the first block of the hole, then letting it drop when you knock it consistently knocked out a 4x3 hole for me. That said, I leave the drill shaft unfilled, I don't whether you do or not.
Will look into that, the blocks around the TNT for an absorbing mass (except for Soil and gravel which act like Gunpowder and rapidly carry the explosion through it). But leaving a hole will allow the force of the explosion to escape and destroy tiles that are outside it...

Ed

Code: (Imagine this as a sidewards cross section) [Select]
[][][]__[]
[]TT____[]
[][][]__[]

TT = TNT []= Stone block __= empty space.
With a hole in the side directly next to the TNT open, the three blocks to the right are also destroyed...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: 4 DAYS LEFT!
« Reply #971 on: October 27, 2010, 04:11:18 am »

Hmmmm.... It might be different because I also dig it top down. To use your diagram, it would look like this from the side. Also, yeah, dirt screws it up a bit.

Code: [Select]
[][]TT[][]                  []______[]
[][]__[][]                  []______[]
[][]__[][]     Goes to ---> []______[]
[][][][][]                  []______[]
[][][][][]                  [][][][][]
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 27, 2010, 05:16:18 am »

Hmmmm.... It might be different because I also dig it top down. To use your diagram, it would look like this from the side. Also, yeah, dirt screws it up a bit.

Code: [Select]
[][]TT[][]                  []______[]
[][]__[][]                  []______[]
[][]__[][]     Goes to ---> []______[]
[][][][][]                  []______[]
[][][][][]                  [][][][][]
Thankyou for speeding up my blasting by one z... Here have a cookie...

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 27, 2010, 05:17:51 am »

How do you find so much TNT for mining? Are there commands I should know about? ???
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 27, 2010, 05:19:23 am »

How do you find so much TNT for mining? Is there commands I should know about? ???
I abuse glitch after I was given it as a trial, I no tell glitch though...

actually the problem with the 3 deep and such is that its not 100% reliable, one stone can be left floating everynow and then. While when its two deep it always clears the stones...
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 271