No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358695 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Exclusive!
« Reply #930 on: October 22, 2010, 05:40:50 pm »

Work on Ring 6 has resumed. You can now return to work as well.
Sigh, you fail at getting up guides.... I am just working off what I think is the right level cause there has been NOTHING left to work off. Its the same as I left it last night, what have you even done???

What? What happened? I left tons of guides, and there's a whole gorge to mine. There is plenty left to work off.

I can't check in now but when I left there was a lot of progress.

Being a bit more specific would help too.

You didn't even mark out the full depth of the next ring. Or any other markings I could see.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 22, 2010, 05:47:13 pm »

Who wants in?

That sounds like fun. I'll try and make it, but it might be a bit late for me. If I'm not around by the time you start, assume I'm not coming I guess.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 22, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »

Got rid of the jail, it's impossible to get out without an OP's help, and even then you have to tear down a wall.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #933 on: October 22, 2010, 10:02:35 pm »

OK, let's give this a try. Who's ready to try some THUNDERSPLEEF?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 22, 2010, 10:03:59 pm »

OK, let's give this a try. Who's ready to try some THUNDERSPLEEF?
Logging on RIGHT NOW
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 22, 2010, 10:36:57 pm »

It was a mess. The arena was wayyy to small and lag was too intense. If we could fix that, it'd be OK.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 22, 2010, 10:49:36 pm »

lag was too intense
I suspect your processor is not cut out for Minecraft server hosting.
You may have four of them, but if they're all slow, it won't help :P
I've heard that the server is almost always slow, which would back that up.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 22, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »

It's not processor lag, it's connection. And what do you want? I got it for free.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 22, 2010, 11:20:02 pm »

Well, bought Minecraft, been screwing around in single-player. Just waiting for my status to update to premium.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 23, 2010, 05:46:37 am »

Indeed, Vattic. A backstory and stuff for the city would be nice, to give it some depth.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 23, 2010, 07:49:52 am »

Okay, logged in, got a bunch of work done on Stone City. Even started work on the Deeplight Inn, my personal contribution to Stone City, though lordnincompoop wasn't happy that I progressed beyond just digging out a placeholder. XD

Anyway, I keep lagging out when I try to connect to the server again. Think that's my internet connection telling me that I'm done XD.

PTTG, no offense, but this server is laggy as hell, even with draw distance at Tiny. I don't think it's just a connection issue. Like it or not, the computer it's hosted on just isn't made for hosting a server.

Looking over the specs, 4GB RAM isn't saying much, and the processors could be 500MHz for all I know. Also keep in mind that the mobo may be part of the lag, since it acts as a bottleneck for data.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:51:33 am by dragonshardz »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 23, 2010, 12:50:36 pm »

Okay, logged in, got a bunch of work done on Stone City. Even started work on the Deeplight Inn, my personal contribution to Stone City, though lordnincompoop wasn't happy that I progressed beyond just digging out a placeholder. XD

Anyway, I keep lagging out when I try to connect to the server again. Think that's my internet connection telling me that I'm done XD.

PTTG, no offense, but this server is laggy as hell, even with draw distance at Tiny. I don't think it's just a connection issue. Like it or not, the computer it's hosted on just isn't made for hosting a server.

Looking over the specs, 4GB RAM isn't saying much, and the processors could be 500MHz for all I know. Also keep in mind that the mobo may be part of the lag, since it acts as a bottleneck for data.

I'm telling you, I've connected to the server over the LAN, and it's fine. Practically identical to SP in responsiveness. I'm trying to get a faster connetion, but that, unlike my current setup, costs money. And lots of money. They won't string a wire out to my place, so I'm using somewhere else, and that place has cable and only cable. Unless I can find someone in town willing to give my machine a house.

Hey, actually, if someone out there in internet land has a really, really good connection and is within a hundred miles of Grass Valley, maybe we can make some improvements?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 23, 2010, 06:08:07 pm »

Hum, well, walking around all alone in Stone City, little to no lag for the most part.

In others news, had a strange mood come over me as I was working on mining out the 6th plateau (I think it's the 6th...):

GIANT. COLUMNS.

Think about it. We have a MASSIVE CAVERN with no supports. Why not have two HUMONGOUS columns flanking the main pathway on plateau 6, and similarly sized columns spaced evenly along the plateau.

Also, on the FAR LEFT of the 5th plateau is a set of stairs leading DOWN into an extensive cavern system that I think would be PERFECT for a future warehousing area.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 24, 2010, 12:05:51 am »

Ok I just started to carve the layer down, but I noticed that when I reach the point of where the stage drops, it should be that you look at 4z from the stage at the last and two from in the gap at the current stage...

Code: (What it should be) [Select]
            [][][]
            [][][]
            [][][]
            [][][]
[][][][]    [][][]
[][][][]    [][][]
[][][][][][][][][]

Code: (What it is) [Select]
            [][][]
            [][][]
[][][][]    [][][]
[][][][]    [][][]
[][][][][][][][][]

My only guess is because there is a Cavern under the current level that its not to be any lower...

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #944 on: October 24, 2010, 12:21:43 am »

Caverns haven't stopped us before, we've just paved over them.  It's more likely to be a digging error.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 271