No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358701 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Open Door Management Philosophy!
« Reply #900 on: October 22, 2010, 10:46:07 am »

FUNNY STUFF
The server starts to lag when more than 4 people are online. There are currently 8 people online.
:[

At 2:30 AM? Argh! No wonder I can't seem to find anyone on the server all day.
Hooray for europe!
Also, why are you awake at 2:30 in the morning?
Long Live United Forenia!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 22, 2010, 11:07:37 am »

No, it doesn't.

For the third time, we're focusing only on getting the bloody city outine done. No unnecessary ditgging. Am I clear?

"Am I clear"??  lord, we're here to have fun.  Endlessly digging out a cavern isn't fun, it's a chore.  If you want people to help you with your grand stone city project you're going to have to give them some lee-way, or you might find yourself working on it alone.

I apologise. I misread it to be something else, and reacted badly.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2010, 11:12:06 am »

Oh I found the image of the pigs spawner we found...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:14:19 am by electronics »
1=0

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Exclusive!
« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2010, 11:19:28 am »

I restarted the server to change it to online mode again. Now we're a bit safer from invaders.

In other news, we had quite a crowd on! A whole eight or nine players!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 22, 2010, 11:29:49 am »

I restarted the server to change it to online mode again. Now we're a bit safer from invaders.

In other news, we had quite a crowd on! A whole eight or nine players!

It was fun, but laaaaaaaaaaaaagggggy.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 22, 2010, 12:11:25 pm »

unless something comes up I'll be on Monday ~10 AM (GMT -6)
Back to Mafia with me!

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #906 on: October 22, 2010, 12:45:24 pm »

I keep lagging out when trying to connect, any ideas?
1=0

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 22, 2010, 12:50:27 pm »

I keep lagging out when trying to connect, any ideas?

What's happening is that either your computer or mine can't reach the minecraft server without timing out. I can't change the timeout limit, but it will be faster when the server isn't as loaded.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 22, 2010, 01:38:26 pm »

Ring 5 is done. Work is temporarily halted while I mine the sensitive and finicky Gorge. This will take one, maybe two days. Not to worry, folks. Others tried it before, and the got it all wrong, so I'd rather do this myself.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 22, 2010, 01:41:12 pm »

I encourage everyone to work on filling in the open sections with the various workshops and homes and other buildings.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 22, 2010, 02:07:18 pm »

I encourage everyone to work on filling in the open sections with the various workshops and homes and other buildings.

Oh noes!

Disregard this? :(

I suggest we not do this right now; the Gorge looks like it'll be done today anyways, meaning ring 6 will commence, and we need to get themes and architectural conventions ready along with roads.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 22, 2010, 02:26:41 pm »

Oh noes!

Disregard this? :(

I suggest we not do this right now; the Gorge looks like it'll be done today anyways, meaning ring 6 will commence, and we need to get themes and architectural conventions ready along with roads.

And I, being the brilliant mediator that I am, suggest that people could start prototyping Stonecity Buildings in other caves- What looks good, how big do they have to be, what decorations can be added (magma spouts? Stone faces?).
Then when work starts on adding buildings to stonecity for real, we will know what to build, what it will look like, ect, and that part can be done with extra speed and coordination.

Also, people can start thinking about the Stonecity Mythos (eg. why is it there, what sort of society does it have, stuff like that). This would not be purely for shits and giggles; it can also help determine what the city should look like (the type of temple depends on the type of god; the slumliness of the slums depends on the crapliness of the economy, ect)
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 22, 2010, 02:38:30 pm »

I suggest making sidewalks and building floors out of half-steps. That should give a nice 'town' feel to everything.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 22, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

Arrite, here are the rules for the buildings. I agree with NUKE here; prototype them where ever you want, just not in the Stone City for now. I'll go around and take a look at the prototypes when I can. This ruleset will be in the main post as well (see sig).

DESIGN CONVENTIONS AND GUIDELINES
  • Buildings should be made of mostly smoothstone and halfsteps. Cobbles shouldn't be the primary building material.
  • If possible, minimise torch usage. Use glass and magma for lighting whenever possible; this is to keep a consistent theme with the Great Hall.
  • Try not to have too many cellars in an aboveground building; buildings embedded int he wall will also be found, and those will take up almost all of the underground real estate.
  • With underground buildings, the height limit is 6 blocks from the lowest to the highest point. This is so that buildings will not intersect plateaus.
  • Length limits are rather flexible: Remember that you're essentially building inside a slice of a pie, and the building must be shaped thusly. Feel free to come over and check it out.
  • Try not to have aboveground buildings rise too much: sprawl rather than rise please. Two, three floors (maybe four for the lower rings) will be plenty, and will alouw the city to keep its shape.
  • Buildings that sprawl off the rings will not be tolerated. If yours happens to need more space than the ring provides, shrink it.

I agree with Mephansteras too, to a degree. I'll look at it myself and find the best style.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:32:59 pm by lordnincompoop »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 22, 2010, 03:03:39 pm »

One of the buildings needs to be in the Hell realm, if it becomes available in multiplayer.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 271