No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358779 times)

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Olemars Fixed It!
« Reply #750 on: October 12, 2010, 02:16:37 pm »

I am in IRC, sorry I was AFK most of this morning, had to take GF to hospital, good news is the babby is sleeping.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 12, 2010, 02:18:14 pm »

I am in IRC, sorry I was AFK most of this morning, had to take GF to hospital, good news is the babby is sleeping.

Yeah I'm doing a few million things at once so you'll have to be patient with me :)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 12, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »

I 'helped' nincompoop by standing in his way!

I'm so proud of myself. 03

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 12, 2010, 05:12:42 pm »

Is there any rules for here? the last server I played on was anti-exploring, which made it hard to get stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 12, 2010, 05:24:53 pm »

Apart from NO FIRE and Don't grief or destroy other peoples work or add to/modify it without permission, no.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 12, 2010, 06:13:09 pm »

Coolness.
I'll be on there sometime soon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #756 on: October 12, 2010, 06:34:09 pm »

Is there any rules for here? the last server I played on was anti-exploring, which made it hard to get stuff.

What? Anti-exploring? Are there anti-mining, or no chat, or maybe some kind of craftless server?

Sizeak is right. In fact, we have a (now working) install of llamacraft, which prevents fires from lighters and magma. We've had problems with forest fires before.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 12, 2010, 06:40:43 pm »

Well, technically it was a size limit.
Something about lagging when the map got too big, and exploring making it bigger, and not wanting to trim the map all the time.
Anti-exploring just sounded simpler to say, sorry.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:16 pm »

What? Anti-exploring? Are there anti-mining, or no chat, or maybe some kind of craftless server?

Sizeak is right. In fact, we have a (now working) install of llamacraft, which prevents fires from lighters and magma. We've had problems with forest fires before.

Don't be silly! Of course they can mine, they just have to use torches...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 12, 2010, 07:13:20 pm »

I can only guess the "No exploring" rule was more that you weren't allowed explore the edges so that the server wouldn't overload... but to my knowledge admins are capable of setting boarders.

Well I built a small cruddy bridge from Bamboo Island to the mainland (and glass dome island) but I still have no idea what I am doing or where to build.

Heck I am not even sure what Trees I am allowed to chop (I try to stay away from ones with torches) so I plant sapplings where I see it needs one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:15:02 pm by Neonivek »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 12, 2010, 07:15:26 pm »

I already explained what it was, Neo.
never saw the server stop working unnanounced, so I doubt that was it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #761 on: October 12, 2010, 07:47:52 pm »

Explore all you want here. We've still got tons of space.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #762 on: October 12, 2010, 08:55:36 pm »

So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 12, 2010, 08:57:10 pm »

Then don't use them?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #764 on: October 12, 2010, 11:56:09 pm »

The next magma moat is dug out and mostly smoothed.  The next step is to mark out the borders of plateau 3.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 271