No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358922 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: LLAMA MODE GO
« Reply #480 on: September 16, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »

Most of my cobblestone comes from the mine, it's right by the UFO, if you want to take a look, it's ginormous, just like that crap I've build. I normally give people what they ask for with the OP powers and I use it for glass mostly (and double steps for the sake of lag) since the damn furnaces still eat them now and then. And to be honest, I don't wanna destroy beaches for glass.

I think the issue is a bit worse with blocks of steel, gold, and diamond. That's not something you get with a little work, that's something you get with a -lot- of work. I'd like to see those remain rare and, when SMP is fully playable without resource eating bugs, that we stop using the op-give command all together.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »

Well, since the world is eight times the size of earth
???
The world CAN BE 8 times the size of Earth.
That's not "is".
You don't possibly have enough storage space for that.

One pixel on the full map is one block is one meter cubed.
That's your scale.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 16, 2010, 09:03:15 pm »

Easy scaffolding:

\
- half block

Removing the torch should destroy all the sand. I read about it on the mc forums. Stuff like this is the only reason I go there.

From memory, that will only drop the sand stack a block or two, (I'm unsure as to the effect of the half-block) as that is almost exactly the set up for an airlock. A simpler methodd that works just as well, if not better, is this;

i - torch

Falling sand or gravel that hits a torch is instantly mined, it's how I clear out large gravel caves quickly.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 16, 2010, 09:07:46 pm »

Ah, the half block destroys falling sand. I didn't know you could just have a torch.

The only problem you might have is that falling sand can slow the server so collapse it in batches.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 16, 2010, 09:11:28 pm »

Unless your scaffolding goes from adminium to skybox, I don't think it should be too onerous.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 16, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »

I meant dropping more than one stack at the same time. There is a video of someone collapsing a sand tower on youtube and it got down to 1fps, although it was a lot of sand.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 16, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »

Oh. Oh god, yeah, dropping multiple stacks would be bad. :P

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 17, 2010, 05:59:04 am »

Quote from: Notch dev blog
I’ve fixed furnaces in SMP
Friday update sometime later today/night.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 17, 2010, 11:03:57 am »

Extremely laggy right now. Did you talk to the ISP yet?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #489 on: September 17, 2010, 11:11:58 am »

Extremely laggy right now. Did you talk to the ISP yet?

It comes and goes. If it's really unplayable, wait for half an hour and come back.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2010, 11:55:55 am »

You can also check this page for the current ping:
http://www.dslreports.com/r3/smokeping.cgi?target=network.60e9a6074fe00cc4da053101c4ce1c7c

The test should last for a few days but I can renew it after if people wants to keep track of it.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:27 pm »

I'm just going to point out that if the connection is especially bogged down, having that smokeping hitting it constantly can't be a good idea...
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2010, 03:21:23 pm »

I'm just going to point out that if the connection is especially bogged down, having that smokeping hitting it constantly can't be a good idea...
And I'm going to point out the bandwidth used by the smokeping is 0.06kb/s ... If you're -THAT- bad in terms of bandwidth, give up.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:23:35 pm by Soulwynd »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2010, 04:24:37 pm »

Alright so that was a lot of fun. I ended up building a bit of a home area, but most of my time was spent on a bridge with a little tower.

I have my little home base set up at the left square and dirt bridges built along the arrows. The little gatehouse/tower is at the right square. I didn't end up digging deep, just stripmined the beach area by my home area to get the dirt and sand. Fun fun fun. Oh and I'm not sure whose house I'm building towards, but I was just going to build the bridge to the tiny island it's pointing at now and probably stop there so I don't end up literally in your backyard.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2010, 05:14:38 pm »

Er... did the server go down?

(sorry for the double post)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 271