No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358915 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: LLAMA MODE GO
« Reply #465 on: September 16, 2010, 10:51:50 am »

There's still some shrapnel from the old monorail out to sea, and it doesn't look good. I'll clean some of it up when I get on, but I'd appreciate it if anyone who stops by gives it a shot too.

As a sign of thanks- and you know I'm not really concerned about it at this point anyway- I wouldn't mind if anyone who spends the time to remove some of the blocks took a few bits home for themselves as well.

EDIT: Oh, and I've gotten some maps made. Just need to upload them. They're huge- somebody went on some kind of oddessy... Also, there are at least three natural lava springs on the starting continent. Can YOU find them all?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 10:56:34 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #466 on: September 16, 2010, 11:14:59 am »

Just posting a statement of intent for my contribution.
Creating a Z-Day shelter to the SW of Rick's Tower. (something similar to a fallout shelter, though designed for zombs.)

Having trouble making progress on it since a) there's never any smoothstone in the chests. and b) I end up fighting with the stairs to face the right way without glitching... think I fixed that last time though.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 16, 2010, 02:13:04 pm »

The world map (shrunk 1/10 scale):

The red box is the entirety of the numerically-named town.

Whoever did all that exploring, I don't know if I should be impressed or furious.

See the HUGE detail maps of the starting area:
Day
Night

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 16, 2010, 02:32:58 pm »

Whoever did all that exploring, I don't know if I should be impressed or furious.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that was me on the first day.

In my defense:

Started off by building a lighthouse!  I may travel down the coast quite a bit and put them up in various places, if that doesn't case the save files to become too big PTTG.

We have about a zillion gigs. Go nuts- though your stuff is more likely to be seen if you are close to the spawn point.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:37:58 pm by mutant mell »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 16, 2010, 02:47:23 pm »

numerically-named town.
94|239.
Its a clever reference, which I am surprised no one has mentioned to me yet.
Also,
holyshit that is huge. And the seas are so small compared to the land.
And,
The detail maps are the only way to view the hanging gardens. They are too big to comprehend just walking around.
Long Live United Forenia!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 16, 2010, 03:16:41 pm »

Hey guys, I'm building something huge. Anyone know a way to build scaffolding that will be easy to remove? I was thinking of using wood and burning it down, if I can do that in Llamacraft.

Also, I'm going to need tons of rock, particularly smoothstone. If you have extra of either, toss them in the storage depot.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 16, 2010, 03:23:46 pm »

Hey guys, I'm building something huge. Anyone know a way to build scaffolding that will be easy to remove? I was thinking of using wood and burning it down, if I can do that in Llamacraft.

Also, I'm going to need tons of rock, particularly smoothstone. If you have extra of either, toss them in the storage depot.
No, you can't pttg. I'm shocked you even thought of it.

Use dirt. That' what I did.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 16, 2010, 03:25:47 pm »

No fire in Llamacraft unless you can spawn in the actual block itself.
Leaves will fade over time when completely detached from any other block that is not leaves.
Alternatively, sand or gravel will of course fall when unsupported, making them useful for vertical scaffolds.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 16, 2010, 03:30:22 pm »

Oh wow, I love the hanging gardens.
I'll have to pop on and take a look at the server sometime.
I'm personally ALSO building the hanging gardens on a small server I hang out on, but I'm building them as detailed in a book I read, which is fictional, so it's a different depiction.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 16, 2010, 05:33:58 pm »

Easy scaffolding:

\
- half block

Removing the torch should destroy all the sand. I read about it on the mc forums. Stuff like this is the only reason I go there.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 16, 2010, 05:46:35 pm »

Wait, so it's a half block with a torch on the side, and sand stacked on top of the torch?

That looks like it's useful, but I need to branch out, too. I'm probably going to go with wood, I just needed to know if burning it would work.

Of course, burning might miss some parts, so I'll need to climb back up to get them, I suppose.

Oh, and something occurred to me. We might not have had a griefer at all; there are several magma springs on the south edge of the map which may have sparked natural fires that moved north- though that might not fit with the timeline.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 16, 2010, 06:04:51 pm »

@PTTG?? As much as I was saddened by the death of the old monorail wouldn't it be kinda cool to keep a memento of them standing, y'know make it like an ancient ruin or some such... pleaaaaase : )

Edit: Dammit, I kinda hoped we'd gone quite far with Irontown, but apparently in the scale of things we're right beside the main spawn point :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:10:54 pm by Nilocy »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 16, 2010, 06:20:55 pm »

Well, since the world is eight times the size of earth, by the scale of things, everything is right next to the spawn.

As for the rail, OK, we can leave a few metal towers jutting up incongrusly in the northern sea, but everything else has to go. I've found that pickaxes work best against metal, and I guess that makes more sense than, say, shovels or axes.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:29 pm »

Why are all of you getting your panties in a bunch about a little exploit? I know half the stuff, including the big giant castle next to my base are made with OP powers, which are as good as (or better than) exploits. So some guys made a big giant thing of iron, you're probably right that the diamond was a bit much, but the iron is really not that big a deal. The castle next to my base is made entirely out of smooth stone, something that is rare by it's self, you need enormous amounts of cobblestone, and coal for something like that to be made. Not only that, you have to contend with the furnaces being broken. It could be argued that it's just a way to get around the furnaces, but really? You still need to mine all that cobblestone. The exploit for the iron could be considered a way to get around the furnaces too.

The point is, you guys need to chill. It's not really affecting you, and they made something damn cool. And you made them tear it apart. Why don't you guys tear down the castle next to my base? No? Didn't think so. So just let people work how they want to.

So here's my suggestion. Use as many exploits, OP powers, etc. as you want, but make it clear that you are doing that. This way we can properly hand out congratulations, both for making generally cool shit, and for doing the same with legitimate materials.

/rant
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2010, 08:24:55 pm »

I explored the large part! Stop taking my credit Mell!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 271