No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358931 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: LLAMA MODE GO
« Reply #450 on: September 15, 2010, 09:03:47 am »

I find it sad that I'm still getting random disconnects.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2010, 09:24:26 am »

I find it sad that I'm still getting random disconnects.
Just log back in. They don't happen very often, and nothing is lost.
Long Live United Forenia!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2010, 09:30:00 am »

Oh, apologise about the exploit. Also we didn't hack, and I really like the server and wouldn't want to upset anyone.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #453 on: September 15, 2010, 09:53:01 am »

I'm not too concerned about exploits at the moment. That said, try making a regular rail line instead. Then when we get working minecarts, we'll have a nice big track to stick them on.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 15, 2010, 11:30:37 am »

The Monorail is being removed by the creator. Apparently there was 'an exploit' which allowed infinite diamonds and iron to be generated. Please do not use this exploit, especially for things like iron and diamond, which are supposed to be rare.
Seriously people. A little common sense, is it too much to ask?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That said, a proper railway would be awesome. If you're re-doing it with a more common material, might I suggest making it two blocks wide? Unless it's a two-lane railway, I forsee a lot of impending collisions.  ;D

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 15, 2010, 04:03:07 pm »

The Monorail is being removed by the creator. Apparently there was 'an exploit' which allowed infinite diamonds and iron to be generated. Please do not use this exploit, especially for things like iron and diamond, which are supposed to be rare.

That said, a proper railway would be awesome. If you're re-doing it with a more common material, might I suggest making it two blocks wide? Unless it's a two-lane railway, I forsee a lot of impending collisions.  ;D

We're planning a 3 thick platform, so it looks like a monorail of sorts. But the problem is is that laying down track DESTROYS the server.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 15, 2010, 04:35:06 pm »

We're planning a 3 thick platform, so it looks like a monorail of sorts. But the problem is is that laying down track DESTROYS the server.

I remember hearing shouts about that. Ah well, laying the foundation is at least harmless. I'd still suggest making it large enough for a two-track passage - maybe call it a duo-rail? - although, if it's a full circle, I guess we can adapt.  :D

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 15, 2010, 04:44:08 pm »

Ok someone has defiled my tower once again, theres something been built on top that looks like a diving board or something. I'm seriously getting pissed with people messing with my projects
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #458 on: September 15, 2010, 05:15:12 pm »

It doesn't sound mean-spirited.

That said, it is bad manners to edit anything without the permission of the creator. Avoid doing that.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 15, 2010, 05:17:54 pm »

Ok someone has defiled my tower once again, theres something been built on top that looks like a diving board or something. I'm seriously getting pissed with people messing with my projects

I noticed that, thought you'd built it really. Get a great view from up there though.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 15, 2010, 07:31:55 pm »

I noticed that, thought you'd built it really. Get a great view from up there though.

Feel free to use the tower and explore it as I add bits. It's just people editing it without permission that bugs me, since I have a specific design for it
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 16, 2010, 09:38:15 am »

So Mutantmell and I have one big glass tunnel underneath the big blue sea. Part of one, anyways. Unfortunately, it's way out on the edge of blocky civilization, but that just leaves more room for construction.

Anyways- The lighting system underneath the tunnel worked really well, actually. It's not all that much of a hassle to make, either. My only concern is the brightness of the tunnel at night, but it's not like you have to navigate anywhere in a tunnel anyways.

I'm getting rambly, but that's because I spent the last two hours on it. Hah.

So, when mobs are implemented, this tunnel will be dangerous as heck?

Awesome:D

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 16, 2010, 10:12:15 am »

I stumbled upon that tunnel today, looks pretty cool, I must admit :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 16, 2010, 10:31:15 am »

We're planning on building a massive undersea glass tunnel from Irontown to the spawn area. This time without exploits :D

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 16, 2010, 10:45:48 am »

We're planning on building a massive undersea glass tunnel from Irontown to the spawn area. This time without exploits :D
With enough room for tracks when they work, I hope.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 271