No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 359060 times)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: MULTI MODE MADNESS! +3 GB RAM!
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2010, 05:40:20 pm »

Okay, so smelting and buckets are bugged on this server? I'm playing on another server which has kind-of working furnaces and has (had because it's too easy to grief) working buckets.
We're running Flippeh's script on the server and the Llamacraft mod. You might try if this makes the experience more awesome because smelting is extremely useful.

Also, you guys know about Persister? It's a .jar file which saves your inventory every 30 seconds or so and reloads it once you log in again on the same server. Sure, if the best tools you can get are stone tools, it doesn't really matter too much, but you might want to have a look at it, anyway. Just start the persister.jar (or persister-jre5.jar, if you're having problems with the normal version) instead of Minecraft.exe and everything should be fine. Also, persister.jar must be in the same folder as the Minecraft.exe.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2010, 09:35:59 pm »

The vanilla Minecraft server is bugged. I'm sure Notch is working on it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2010, 03:58:48 pm »

Anyone know if the standalone client is multi-threaded? No one is on :(
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2010, 04:02:57 pm »

Nope. Not yet anyways. But if you do play online, you will see significant performance increases on crappier computers. Before I couldn't even play minecraft on this crappy laptop I have with a 1.5 Ghz Celeron and integrated graphics. But in multiplayer, since the logic is handled by the server I can get 30 FPS on small fog.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2010, 04:40:45 pm »

Found lava, not sure if it's hacked or not
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2010, 05:06:25 pm »

Well, minecraft is in java, so even if it's multithreaded it won't use more than one core (and it will use every bit of one core, even if the logic doesn't demand that much, because LOLJAVA >:().

Nope. Not yet anyways. But if you do play online, you will see significant performance increases on crappier computers. Before I couldn't even play minecraft on this crappy laptop I have with a 1.5 Ghz Celeron and integrated graphics. But in multiplayer, since the logic is handled by the server I can get 30 FPS on small fog.
I have a 1.8 GHz dual core, and it only stutters a little when doing massive chunk updates(day to night, and vice versa). The problem's probably more with the integrated graphics chip than the logic, though I'm not sure why multiplayer would be better about that...

I can't even log into SMP servers, because the login takes too long with my connection (not that I could play even if I could, given that I get about 30K ping, and the spawn chunk frequently doesn't load for several minutes...). D:
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2010, 05:08:11 pm »

My dual core is meant to be 1.8GHz, but it's overclocked to 3GHz

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2010, 05:36:35 pm »

Well, minecraft is in java, so even if it's multithreaded it won't use more than one core (and it will use every bit of one core, even if the logic doesn't demand that much, because LOLJAVA >:().

I have a 1.8 GHz dual core, and it only stutters a little when doing massive chunk updates(day to night, and vice versa). The problem's probably more with the integrated graphics chip than the logic, though I'm not sure why multiplayer would be better about that...

I can't even log into SMP servers, because the login takes too long with my connection (not that I could play even if I could, given that I get about 30K ping, and the spawn chunk frequently doesn't load for several minutes...). D:

Well, Clock speeds is also relative to the architecture, 1.5 Ghz isn't that bad. But the early mobile Celeron processors were shit, on all levels.

I don't really use that laptop for much, but it was the only thing available at the time, and I wanted to see how much a performance boost I'd get too.

I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2010, 05:51:49 pm »

Where is everyone? It's always dead when I log in :S

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2010, 05:59:22 pm »

My dual core is meant to be 1.8GHz, but it's overclocked to 3GHz
I have a laptop, and it already gets too hot when under heavy use and not in the airflow from a fan I have setup on my desk... :/
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2010, 06:17:38 pm »

:( Sounds like my laptop... but I was talking about my pc being overclocked

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »

I just found this epic cave system with a sea of magma at the bottom

Edit: make that a magmafall
Edit Edit: make that 2 falls and a number of water falls. I'm so building a road here
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:30:06 pm by sizeak »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2010, 10:40:26 pm »

Hmm... I managed to kill a pig, apparently, by trapping it under water - the lake refroze while the lil' piggy was practicing his snorkeling skills, and next thing I know there's meat at the bottom of the lake. Still can't seem to punch them to death, and I've heard that swords don't work too well either. I guess mobs are currently Bronze Colossi - if a sword doesn't work, look for a truly dwarfy solution instead.  ;D

Other than that, traversed a neat cave system all the way to the lava lakes, only to find that someone else had partially explored the cave. Hope you don't mind me intruding in the depths, whoever you are. (It's the road system leading left out of spawn, if that helps.)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2010, 10:45:08 pm »

I was thinking of creating a new map and putting the spawn point in a small cave deep below the earth. I guess we'd have to spawn lumps of wood occasionally, until somebody found the surface.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2010, 10:46:20 pm »

There's a /wood command that gives tree bush things, as long as we have dirt and torches it would work fine.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 271