No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358713 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: BOOM! HA HA HA HA HA!
« Reply #840 on: October 20, 2010, 11:24:55 pm »

Who spawned all this stuff and put it in the Stone City warehouse?  We don't really need any of it, and the minecarts and tracks are dangerous.
Ok why is it such a bad Idea to have that, and why are Minecards and tracks dangerous???

Minecarts are glitchy. Don't think they're still 'kill the server' bad, but they can still do weird and possibly fatal things. Also, you don't want to get teleported while in a cart. Tracks just can't be picked up after you destroy them.
I made the tracks for the above link reason I posted above:

I wanna build this in stone city...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC3d75qGBiA

The only thing being transported is goods. Plus it only uses one booster cart if I remember rightly.

And I had been checking the direction the city is with tracks and was able to collect them after removing them, the only reason some remained set was due to a lag crash due to my shitty net...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #841 on: October 21, 2010, 12:34:01 am »

The only thing being transported is goods. Plus it only uses one booster cart if I remember rightly.

And I had been checking the direction the city is with tracks and was able to collect them after removing them, the only reason some remained set was due to a lag crash due to my shitty net...

Minetracks caused a lag crash.  The FPS would bottom out until you simply couldn't do anything anymore and had to close the program.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 21, 2010, 02:31:53 am »

Yeah, minecarts are bugged to oblivion. Besides, the city is nowhere near done. Hopefully the Halloween update will fix them, and a suitably dwarven transport system can be devised.
PS: They are really bugged.
PPS: Just... just don't use them, please
Long Live United Forenia!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 21, 2010, 03:59:48 am »

Yeah, minecarts are bugged to oblivion. Besides, the city is nowhere near done. Hopefully the Halloween update will fix them, and a suitably dwarven transport system can be devised.
PS: They are really bugged.
PPS: Just... just don't use them, please
Kay then... Didn't know...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 21, 2010, 05:34:05 am »

Yeah. Try not to have any more "ideas" like this. They usually don't work out.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 21, 2010, 05:42:13 am »

'Kay, everytime I try to go to planehacked.no-ip.org in Chrome, I get a 404. Am I doing something wrong, and do I need the Alpha to play in Planehacked?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 21, 2010, 05:43:33 am »

You need Alpha, yes.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 21, 2010, 08:30:08 am »

...Which costs money, right?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 21, 2010, 09:12:28 am »

Yeah. Try not to have any more "ideas" like this. They usually don't work out.
ATTENTION CITIZENS. A HELPFUL REMINDER FROM YOUR BENEVOLENT LEADER: FREE THOUGHT IS A CRIME.

...Which is amazing value for money, what with having a vastly greater replay value than most triple A titles of the day, and currently being 50% off whilst the game is in alpha, whilst still retaining the promise that the finished game will be made and provided at no extra cost, seriously, this is a no brainer, only 10 euros, holy moly it is almost a crime to pay so little for a game so good, right?
Yup.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 21, 2010, 09:49:43 am »

'Kay, everytime I try to go to planehacked.no-ip.org in Chrome, I get a 404. Am I doing something wrong, and do I need the Alpha to play in Planehacked?

planehacked.no-ip.org is just a redirect to the Planehacked minecraft server. I don't think he's running a web server on that IP address, so Chrome won't do a thing.

Use that URL in Alpha Multiplayer to connect to it in-game.

And trust me when I say that this is going to be the best 9 euro purchase of your life. In Rome, that's the price of two Pepsis, by the way.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 21, 2010, 09:59:40 am »

Huh. That's the price of about 8 liters of Pepsi in the US. It was still totally worth it for me, just kind of interesting how much junk food you get for your money here...  ::)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 21, 2010, 10:09:06 am »

Yeah I live in America and sodas are pretty cheap. I was a tourist in Rome, so I am sure those were tourist prices, but still. I remember that price because $5 for a can of soda that I could get for .69 cents here(at the time) is a bit much. But whaddaya know, I spent it anyway. haha

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 21, 2010, 10:13:11 am »

Minecraft's about $14 US, innit? If you're getting 8 liters for that, I'm getting a helluva' better deal down here (Florida). 14 bucks'd get me... around 24 liters or so. 28 or more iffin' it's an off brand. S'about a buck twenty five for a 2 liter of main brand (coke, pepsi.). Amusingly, so's a 20 oz from a vending machine, but that's a different story.

Plan on forking over the cash for MC in about a week (along with a book that costs about twice as much :P), so maybe start doing something besides singleplayer again. Should be fun.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 21, 2010, 10:28:22 am »

I can't even log in anymore. Whaaaaaa? :(

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 21, 2010, 10:39:53 am »

Yeah, Minecraft.net has been down the past few hours, it was up for a bit awhile ago but hasn't come back since.  A lot of progress has been made on the fifth level, I'd say it's about halfway done. 

For now I'm just watching the Teamcoco live camera and checking the status every now and then.  You should watch if your bored.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 271