No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358857 times)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: BACK IN BACKUP
« Reply #570 on: September 22, 2010, 05:36:09 am »

Teleporters from runecraft would be really convenient and would allow a much bigger area to be used.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 22, 2010, 05:38:41 am »

I think teleporters kinda defeat the point of Minecraft...
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2010, 06:04:02 am »

I think teleporters kinda defeat the point of Minecraft...
How so?
You would still have to explore and walk to where you want to get teleported to since you have to build the entrance and exit of the teleporters.
It would only make you able to teleport somewhere if you allready made the effort to walk there once (and you build the exit of course otherwise you would have to go there again to build it).

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 22, 2010, 11:49:15 am »

Anything interesting happened? I need something to distract me from the monotony of bug fixing
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #574 on: September 22, 2010, 12:15:58 pm »

Anything interesting happened? I need something to distract me from the monotony of bug fixing

Have you already seen the Satanic Summoning Tower?

The Hanging Gardens?

Added something to the numeric town?

If nothing else, I could use a great deal of stone to continue work on the Continent.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 22, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »

Speaking about the tower, it would be nice to have a new cartograph map (unless there's an updated one already).

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 22, 2010, 01:06:14 pm »

Can i has ip?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »

If nothing else, I could use a great deal of stone to continue work on the Continent.
You just need cobblestone? Or actual furnaced smooth stone? I think I'm gonna hollow out a big chunk of the area my house is sitting on, so I should have a fair amount you can have.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2010, 05:26:55 pm »

Can i has ip?
I share this sentiment, in fact, I believe it was the opening line to a PM I sent you PTTG. So I ask again: Can you please PM me the server IP?
Thanks, man.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #579 on: September 22, 2010, 05:58:26 pm »

Speaking of cobblestone, I noticed that the warehouse is perpetually out of stone, so I wass going to take on my own megaproject.  Anyone know a mountain they want leveled, or a medium island I can take down to the adminite?
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2010, 06:27:57 pm »

DF always has too much stone.
Minecraft SMP never has enough stone, apparently.

If there was a way to transfer stone, it would fix both. But that would be ridiculous to try to make, wouldn't it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 22, 2010, 06:37:22 pm »

Speaking of cobblestone, I noticed that the warehouse is perpetually out of stone, so I wass going to take on my own megaproject.  Anyone know a mountain they want leveled, or a medium island I can take down to the adminite?

How about you make a open-pit mine, just a big cylinder to the admintium. You'd get tons of other raw materials along the way...

I'll take either kind of stone myself; I furnace it if I have to. But actually I may be nearing a point where I can stop and start putting in the turf.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 23, 2010, 10:40:44 am »

Well, if you could enlarge the space under my Parthenon that'd be great. Some pesky hills there too.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 23, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »

This is just a general policy statement; we're going to keep this map until working monsters are in, and then we'll make a new one. As for when that happens- that's probably going to be a major update, but for all I know it could be the next seecret friday.

We will save a backup and have a final picture map up too, so don't feel like anything will be lost.  just figured you'd like a heads up. I'm going to keep working on my project right up to the end myself, but I understand if you don't want to build something that will be eaten by server gnomes immediately.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:18:15 pm by PTTG?? »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 23, 2010, 12:31:53 pm »

Will you be uploading the save for us to use privately?

Please say yes~
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 271