No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357222 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Prepare for 1.8.
« Reply #3855 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:06 am »

The elevator idea is tickling my mind and I have a great need to create a really efficient way to go from any level to any level. I have an inkling of an idea of how to achieve one that only needs one section worth of the elevator to be active at a time no matter how big it is and would allow multiple people to be using it at once going to different levels but to many levels and it would soon become unwieldy...   I think. I need to bone up on my redstone mechanics first though to get it all straightened out.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: September 21, 2011, 06:19:47 am »

TBH, I'm all in favour of ladders for getting from 1 level to another.
Only takes up 1 block on the x and y and is really resource cheap :P

You can find an example of this amazing technology constructed leading into my den.
*Hugs*

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #3857 on: September 21, 2011, 07:09:20 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:07:25 pm by Stany »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: September 21, 2011, 07:44:47 am »

the lift is rather...low on functionality

you can go from the floor below the top to the top...and then have to go down the stairs to turn the thing off again.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: September 21, 2011, 09:29:42 am »

you can go from the floor below the top to the top...and then have to go down the stairs to turn the thing off again.
An XOR gate can solve that. Took me some time to program it due to it being Vertical over horizontal, but I can easily turn the Elevator on and off from either levels... Once again, check out the Elevator I built on Kalegotdwarve's server

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: September 21, 2011, 10:30:57 am »

Methinks it isn't finished just yet. And the current design is deadly, clunky, and both too fast and too slow.
But!
No one can deny that it is over seven times cooler than stairs. Especially the stairs we have now, which devolve into a confused mass of misaligned stair and half-blocks near the top.
Long Live United Forenia!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: September 21, 2011, 10:54:18 am »

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3862 on: September 21, 2011, 03:45:40 pm »

Admit, this lift shines with dwarven genius.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: September 21, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »

You're probably right Osmosis, using the same loop for the control marker would be doable. I will admit though that I didn't quite understand all the rest of your post, probably because I'm still getting used to thinking of redstone logic as actual electronic circuit and gate logic.

Also, Neyvn's video convinced me even more fully that an elevator that isnt constantly moving would be far preferable to the current design, if only because of the lag in multiplayer making it hard to get on and off a moving elevator at the right floor.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: September 21, 2011, 04:35:50 pm »

Admit, this lift shines with dwarven genius.

I (clapton2000 in minecraft) I'm sad to report the lift has been upgraded to be able to be turned off or on from the bottom AND top. This news has lead to a down-grade in dwarven genius level from "Is totally useless and may kill you" to a mere "may kill you".

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: September 21, 2011, 06:52:18 pm »

Yeah Nevyn, the difference between the design that I proposed and your one is yours is a 'constant loop' system, more like a vertical escalator than anything else, whereas mine behaves identically to a modern elevator; one elevator carriage, and the system is stationary when not in use.

Poltifar, I assume the diagram is clear enough (the "I" is the halfblock-gate-gate-halfblock bit), so I'll clarify the redstone.

At each floor you would have a row of buttons, one for each level. These would each lead to a linked set of RS-NOR latches (basically circuits that can be used to save states) that are designed so that turning any 1 on deactivates all the rest. Each button corresponds to a given level, when that button is pressed, the detector torch for that level is turned on. I should note that this is really only for many loop systems; you would struggle to get more than three levels with a single piston loop, and for 3 levels, you wouldn't even need this fancy linked latch system, just a single RS NOR latch for the middle level. The top and bottom floor would always have their detector torches on for a 3 block level, simply to keep the lift from overrunning and crushing you into a 1x1m cube.

You then hit a send button to move the belt until the marker block (let's say a glass block) passes the detector torch that is currently switched on, at which point the system stops again. The 'send' could be combined with the level select button, but it'd need a little extra work to ensure that it knows to send the loop in the right direction. Because the marker is in the same belt as the actual elevator carriage, the detector torch corresponding to the top floor is at the bottom, while the one for the bottom floor is at the top.

I hope that helps. Rereading it, that doesn't seem likely, but oh well... :)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:21 pm »

John_Falcon has been (temporarily) banned for theft. Two weeks, with chance of parole.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: September 21, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »

Thank you Osmosis for trying to explain this, and though it has helped a bit, I think I'll only really understand it by working on it myself, which I'll do next time I have enough free time for minecraft.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: September 22, 2011, 08:46:44 am »

so, version 1.9 coming out soon

we are promised back the snow biomes, some sort of mushroom biome, two new nether-mobs, and more mobs in general

and most importantly, endermen will pick up less stuff, finaly

and a lot of other things 

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

so, will the server get reset when 1.9 is out, or will it stay for a while longer?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: September 22, 2011, 11:10:01 am »

PTTG typically waits a few days before updating the server, but once he does, I think we should probably get a new map. I mean, this one's great and all, but 1.9 promises a lot of new biome-related stuff, so basically everyone would migrate away from what exists now anyway, in order to get some of dat sweet new snowy/mushroomy/villagey goodness.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 271