No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357635 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: THE PROJECT IS ACTIVE
« Reply #3165 on: June 10, 2011, 12:38:49 am »

Speaking of the temple, I thought the sign next to the lever was hilarious. The blue pickaxe emblem was also pretty awesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3166 on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:32 am »

Take a chillpill bread, this is steampunk, not hardcore victornian era. If it was we would not be calling it a steampunk city now would we. If everything we did had to be historcialy accurate we would be running around and sxreaming as all our ideas had to be drasticaly changed. Besides, I don't think the world will end if one detail in a building isn't accurate to the supposed era. Who knows, our soceity could be a society that survived a aplocaypse and was heavily influnced by Victornian and steampunk ideals.  also think it would be a good idea to see the building before you rant about it.

The building is ugly as fuck and totally inaccurate for anything steampunk. I have seen the building, it is fugly fugly fugly - external 1block stairs, so on and so on. It has a passing resemblance to the keep and walls, but it is still very ugly and illogical - who has outside stairways in a city where it rains as frequently as it does in Eisenhauge?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: June 10, 2011, 05:15:07 am »

I think my (unfinished) building might be too square :/
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: June 10, 2011, 06:02:52 am »

The building is ugly as fuck and totally inaccurate for anything steampunk. I have seen the building, it is fugly fugly fugly - external 1block stairs, so on and so on. It has a passing resemblance to the keep and walls, but it is still very ugly and illogical - who has outside stairways in a city where it rains as frequently as it does in Eisenhauge?

Take a chill pill.  Mclay's barracks-like structure may be ugly and sterile, but it can be improved.  It is not constructive to so berate your companions-in-building.

That said, Mclay, I do request some sort of architectural improvements be made on your structure (arrow slits, or windows, buttressing, etcetera).

I think my (unfinished) building might be too square :/

Honestly, I agree.  This can be adjusted.

Logical, I very much like your history of the temple.  I will add a history of my tavern when it is indeed finished.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: June 10, 2011, 06:17:52 am »

It's official: starting today, Logical will be our historian! :P

I finished the interior of the keep some times ago (or nearly, I just need to find something to replace the bookshelves zone). I'm especially proud of the lever controlling the opening of the prison doors: it was my first redstone wiring! :D
So go visit it! And don't touch the trees, they will be trimmed.

In other news : I will take some holidays (visiting Scotland, yeah) next week and I should also receive my new laptop in the same time. I'll be back on the server in 10 days, and I'll start my new project: a botanical garden with a large greenhouse.

And a small reminder for everyone: use half-steps for your rooftops, they stop monster-spawning!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: June 10, 2011, 06:29:22 am »

Thinking about building an overly large clothing shop on 37 and 38. It'd probably need to have each slot (boots, pants, etc) on a different level, and I'd like to have a restaurant section attached, presumably on the ground floor or roof.

The basement would contain inhumane animal pens (lit grass blocks) and processing facilities, and possibly cramped living and working conditions for the child laborers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: June 10, 2011, 07:03:52 am »

Thinking about building an overly large clothing shop on 37 and 38. It'd probably need to have each slot (boots, pants, etc) on a different level, and I'd like to have a restaurant section attached, presumably on the ground floor or roof.

The basement would contain inhumane animal pens (lit grass blocks) and processing facilities, and possibly cramped living and working conditions for the child laborers.

I believe either one of those plots would be large enough for a clothing shop.  I don't think we need a monolithic attire store in Eisenhague, really.  Also consider your proximity to the water when building in that area (I would suggest tailoring your goods toward the sailory types).  My two cents.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:06:47 am by shadowsofwhite »
Dev-status:

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: June 10, 2011, 07:09:33 am »

Hmmm I'd say you're probably better off building multiple smaller shops, as a clothing store would be kinda empty without the ability to display merchandise. That, and single large buildings feel a bit sterile compared to lots of little ones wended through with alleys. Just my 2c, feel free to disregard.

Take a chill pill.  Mclay's barracks-like structure may be ugly and sterile, but it can be improved.  It is not constructive to so berate your companions-in-building.

That said, Mclay, I do request some sort of architectural improvements be made on your structure (arrow slits, or windows, buttressing, etcetera).

Just to build on this, I'd suggest the one major problem with your building is it's lack of any profile; the walls are sheer from ground to tip (excepting that little spike on the roof). I'd suggest breaking that up a bit, maybe having the first floor with the current floor plan. Then have the 2nd floor reduced in size a bit, with the extra space becoming a balcony or landing. Repeat for the third floor, then run it straight up a couple of floors as a tower. Basically anything that gives some variation; your eye is drawn along lines, and as it stand the only lines run straight into the ground. Change them so that they guide into a focal point and you have a far more interesting structure.

GAH NINJAS -_-

EDIT: You even used the same turn of phrase >:(
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: June 10, 2011, 07:09:37 am »

Regarding histories, Moria's rather simple. It's a natural cave that was found when the city was settled, and partially explored.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: June 10, 2011, 10:38:29 am »

Dragon, have you even seen building after I finished a lot of the work on it. THere is no more stairs outside for one thing, I still have to beautfiy it and de size it for another. Wait until you have actually seen the building to rage about it.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3175 on: June 10, 2011, 04:48:08 pm »

I have seen the building. The last time I checked, it still had stairs on the outside.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: June 10, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »

You even used the same turn of phrase >:(

I did that for a somewhat comical effect.  It is good to know that Mclays structure is still a work in progress.

Oh, Mclay, I went through and altered a couple signs (spelling errors).  I did change "Lucy Bell" to "Luciel Bell", as I found that to be more of the times and professional for a secretary.
Dev-status:

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3177 on: June 10, 2011, 07:46:43 pm »

Working on the maps.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3178 on: June 10, 2011, 08:00:51 pm »

MAPS

City Map
From the south
Nighttime

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: June 10, 2011, 09:19:58 pm »

Huh. Gratz to alway for having the only diamond block on the entire map.

Rich sonuvabitch.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 271