No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357778 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated again!
« Reply #2805 on: May 14, 2011, 09:37:47 pm »

Please do not work on the walls, as I have specific designs for them, and they have a very specific pattern.

Honestly, I think we should probably be building houses inside the city now. The region west of the keep would be a good area I think.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: May 14, 2011, 10:57:36 pm »

Please do not work on the walls, as I have specific designs for them, and they have a very specific pattern.

Honestly, I think we should probably be building houses inside the city now. The region west of the keep would be a good area I think.

Ok! I didn't see anyone work on that wall section for a few days so I figured it was forgotten in lieu of something else. There was already scaffolding in place at most of the worksite so I just finished it up. I did my best to follow the pattern of the other walls- the only things that might be off are the floor tiles, which I did my best on, and the slope/incline stuff, which I've already mentioned. I've also left some stone and cobblestone in the gate-tower with ground-level access nearest to that section of well.

There's already a house to the west of the keep. There is a little bit of terraforming that needs to be done in the area to cover up an emergency shelter but otherwise that area seems finished based on my observations.

However, as people have already seen my design for a temple and its size, if the consensus is still that it's a neat design to put in the city somewhere, I won't be claiming any additional land until the temple is finished.Edit: See below
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:56:34 pm by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: May 14, 2011, 11:39:59 pm »

We're keeping that area as a park, if you go back to the earlier discussion when we were planning out the city. May I suggest the large forested area inside the walls near the slums (going by the picture below, the grid square immediately west of the slums)? There is plenty of flat space there, and that region would actually work quite well as a temple quarter; it is near a major population centre (the slums) and there is not much in the way of roads etc planned for the area yet, so you would have more room to layout the floorplan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: May 15, 2011, 12:00:06 am »

We're keeping that area as a park, if you go back to the earlier discussion when we were planning out the city. May I suggest the large forested area inside the walls near the slums (going by the picture below, the grid square immediately west of the slums)? There is plenty of flat space there, and that region would actually work quite well as a temple quarter; it is near a major population centre (the slums) and there is not much in the way of roads etc planned for the area yet, so you would have more room to layout the floorplan.

Ah, I missed the park discussion I guess. I'll take a look sometime in the area you suggested!
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: May 15, 2011, 03:58:18 am »

The roads in the areas East, Southwest and West of the keep have not been finished completely. The house has, unfortunately, blocked off a couple of roads.

The Southeastern area was planned to be an urban/suburban area for the middle-lower class, so the roads will often be built as needed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:07:04 am by lordnincompoop »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: May 15, 2011, 07:04:13 am »

May I ask why there are battlements/crenelations on the inside?  Is it really a prison or something?

I think it was just a mistake by the original creator and an intent by whoever repaired the theme to keep the original idea intact.

Speaking of battlements, I've extended the wall a bit but have reached an impasse.

First problem...
Either I need to terraform the cliffs, make a previous section of wall with a slope steeper (breaking continuity slightly), or ignore the fact that the walls can be climbed onto from one side.

Second problem...

It's hard to see but this is on a steep cliff. I'm not sure whether to build a tower here - which would eliminate the first problem from hence forth, since I can go up a number of floors until it works as a wall on both sides, or to keep going without a tower, as it may not be necessary based on the response to the first problem!

What texture pack is that?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: May 15, 2011, 09:11:52 am »

I finished off that road & corner lord:
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: May 15, 2011, 10:48:25 am »

Just thought id mention Notch is removing the booster glitch.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: May 15, 2011, 11:05:24 am »

Just thought id mention Notch is removing the booster glitch.

Was mentioned earlier, yeah.

I've booked the train ticket to Stockholm, and I'll be bringing a baseball bat and a duffel bag. Anyone with me?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: May 15, 2011, 11:16:58 am »

I've booked the train ticket to Stockholm, and I'll be bringing a baseball bat and a duffel bag. Anyone with me?

Very tempting. Gold rails are pricey; 1 rail per ingot :/

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:27 pm »

Maybe I am just terrible with timing, but I never see anybody on either server.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2816 on: May 15, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »

I haven't been on at all this weekend - was out of town helping wrangle small children at a church-related thing. I'm on pretty regularly, generally working on my underground park/Red Light District.

Speaking of which, that area is fully prepped except for some work to make it more parklike. I need glowstone for some recessed floor lighting and leaf blocks to make hedging, bushes, etc.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: May 16, 2011, 03:10:10 am »

I need glowstone for some recessed floor lighting and leaf blocks to make hedging, bushes, etc.

Got the resources to pay for it?

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: May 16, 2011, 08:57:56 am »

I haven't been on at all this weekend - was out of town helping wrangle small children at a church-related thing. I'm on pretty regularly, generally working on my underground park/Red Light District.

Speaking of which, that area is fully prepped except for some work to make it more parklike. I need glowstone for some recessed floor lighting and leaf blocks to make hedging, bushes, etc.

Hold off on the Glowstone. The Nethers comeing to SMP in 1.6
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2819 on: May 16, 2011, 10:26:28 am »

In a couple years.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 271