No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357813 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated
« Reply #2715 on: April 28, 2011, 01:23:31 pm »

Well I'm glad at least some people see my point
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

RichardTheWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Bloody Nora!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: April 28, 2011, 02:07:48 pm »

Hey guys, I'd love to come on and build something on the server but I've been plagued by internet problems.

I don't know when it will be fixed because BT are generally slow and the Royal wedding is messing everything up but I'll get on as soon as my internet gets a faster download speed than 10kb/s.  :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: April 28, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »

I'm happy to announce that with some help from a few volunteers, New Moria is already bigger than old Moria.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: April 28, 2011, 02:49:23 pm »

Hey guys, I'd love to come on and build something on the server but I've been plagued by internet problems.

I don't know when it will be fixed because BT are generally slow and the Royal wedding is messing everything up but I'll get on as soon as my internet gets a faster download speed than 10kb/s.  :P

The royal wedding is slowing down your internet?  Huh?

Anyways.  I wanted to ask, since I don't really like building stuff on servers and I definitely don't feel like bothering to figure out all of the new stuff, would the folks who are working on this project and or any project mind posting some screens.  Before I could just wander around the server, looking at stuff, but since it is whitelisted and I don't want to deal with the witch griefer trials to get on the server, I can't do that anymore.  It would be cool, but I would understand if you don't feel like it.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: April 28, 2011, 02:56:21 pm »

Anyways.  I wanted to ask, since I don't really like building stuff on servers and I definitely don't feel like bothering to figure out all of the new stuff, would the folks who are working on this project and or any project mind posting some screens.  Before I could just wander around the server, looking at stuff, but since it is whitelisted and I don't want to deal with the witch griefer trials to get on the server, I can't do that anymore.  It would be cool, but I would understand if you don't feel like it.

For the Project server, it's not really a griefer trial. The stricter requirements are there to ensure that we're getting good builders and engineers to come on the project and make it better.

There's no screens yet because nothing very noteworthy has been built yet.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: April 28, 2011, 03:04:03 pm »

Fair enough.  I just don't really think that I would be a good builder for the server, but I'm still hoping to gleam some of the coolness that you guys are working on.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2721 on: April 28, 2011, 03:08:35 pm »

I'm thinking I need to make a modified map of the project area that is top down and clearly shows the terrain height to falicitate planning.

There are a few very strange bits of road down already- like the one staircase bridging over a great-looking pool and another place where the road was build one or two blocks above the ground for some reason. Roads should take the path of least resistance.

For this part of the project, build roads at only one block wide- they can be expanded later, and it will take less effort to remove them should we want to change stuff around.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RichardTheWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Bloody Nora!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: April 28, 2011, 04:10:06 pm »

Sorry I didn't explain that very well, tomorrow is the Royal wedding so it's a bank holiday and I assume BT engineers won't be fixing stuff because it's a bank holiday.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: April 28, 2011, 06:27:23 pm »

I applied to the public server last week, I hope I didn't send my mail to the wrong address since I haven't heard back yet.  Though I'm guessing everyone is just busy with the project server, no rush. ;)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: April 28, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »

I applied to the public server last week, I hope I didn't send my mail to the wrong address since I haven't heard back yet.  Though I'm guessing everyone is just busy with the project server, no rush. ;)
I never received a reply just added so test every couple days
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2725 on: April 28, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »

I never received a reply just added so test every couple days

Yeah, OK, I'll check the email basket tomorrow.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2726 on: April 29, 2011, 02:19:49 pm »

So this is the area PTTG mentioned where the stairs went over the little pond.

Now, part of the road was already removed when I logged in today. I finished removing the rest of it. The question is, now, what do we do with the road stubs?

There's really not any realistic way of getting the road stub atop the cliff down to the bottom in any way that doesn't include tons of digging and removing whomever's half-made house that is. So I'm thinking we just end the road there with a nice balcony or something.

The road stub to the left of where I'm standing in the shot can easily be extended down to that little pond, as can the narrower road to the right. What I'm thinking is that we make that cliffside into an inn or something - I don't recall the plan perfectly, but that would be a very interesting thing to throw in there, a building of some sort built into the cliff.

What I'm going to do is extend the line of the two lower roads down to the pond and see where that takes us.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:16 pm »

a bridge?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated again!
« Reply #2728 on: April 30, 2011, 11:22:51 am »

I'm happy that cobblestones have been made quite creeper-resistant, as I got bombed a lot during the last nights in the city. I started spawning a lot of torches everywhere to limit the appearance of monsters and basic roads are nearly finished.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 30, 2011, 05:27:00 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 271