No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357863 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated
« Reply #2655 on: April 24, 2011, 12:10:17 pm »

DO NOT request whitelisting in the thread! You will be banned.
Email us (@ nowherepublishing.com, PlanehackedWhitelist) to get added to the whitelist. Tell me the best part of Dwarf Fortress in that E-mail. Read the RULES.

Nevermind, I can't be doing with such bullshit. For DF members to have to explain why DF is epic is utterly retarded. Retract my whitelist request. I only wanted to have a peek at what fellow bay12ers have been up to.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:19:19 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:08 pm »

I'm heading toward the small island it's currently pointed at - and who's to say we can't make tunnels through the hills?

I say so. We're going with a minimum footprint thing here for now, okays?

It's a bridge that, quite frankly, is rather unnecessary at the moment. No work is being done on the map until we've finished discussing the city.

-grumble grumble-

Fine, I'll remove it next time I log in, if it hasn't been removed already.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: April 24, 2011, 01:12:18 pm »

I wa helpful on the peoject. Is there any reason the site is far away from spawn. Can I see the plans.
Here they are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is what we've got so far. West end would be middle/upper residential, northeast civic and southeast lower to middle class residential and waterfront. Beyond the walls on the east would be slums.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions before we get started building, but it's getting closer.
Bear in mind that this is not the final plan. Work has not begun.

This looks pretty spiffy. Are specific blocks/buildings already claimed or can I freely construct in an open area so long as it follows the planned theme? Also, what's the scale on that map? If it's pixel-to-block I'd be happy to start laying down the planned roads.
As you can see, the city follows a block layout. Once the roads are done, people will be able to claim blocks and parts of the city to work on. The map is pixel to block, yeah. HLBeta, contact me on steam whenever you have a free moment.

Nevermind, I can't be doing with such bullshit. For DF members to have to explain why DF is epic is utterly retarded. Retract my whitelist request. I only wanted to have a peek at what fellow bay12ers have been up to.
Is this guy actually serious?

I would like to get signed up for the project my minecraft account is clapton2000 as for skill I made deephold that a few people have seen.
Clapton, I'd like you to PM me with some pics. Once you've done that, I'll happily consider it. :D

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 24, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

Curved walls will be a pain in the ass to build. Can we have straight walls?
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 24, 2011, 01:25:55 pm »

Email us (@ nowherepublishing.com, PlanehackedWhitelist) to get added to the whitelist. Tell me the best part of Dwarf Fortress in that E-mail. Read the RULES.

You realize, the only reason you're supposed to say why DF is good, is to make it entirely clear that your E-mail is not automated spam?

Also I'd like to say I still can't log into the server...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 24, 2011, 02:14:35 pm »

Curved walls will be a pain in the ass to build. Can we have straight walls?

As long as they stay roughly in the path I designated and follows the terrain like a real wall I don't mind.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2661 on: April 24, 2011, 03:22:16 pm »

Sweet. It's great when rude people remove themselves for me.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RichardTheWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Bloody Nora!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 24, 2011, 04:12:28 pm »

Hey again guys,

Decided to make a cathedral sort of thing to try and get on this whitelist, I'd love to build a coordinated project with everyone else.

Here they are, there's 5 images and I wouldn't mind some criticism because I don't know if I should add something else to it or what i should change.

Looks good in nighttime, I placed lightstone below the bottom window blocks so all the windows are illuminated from bottom up.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 24, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »

My friend is on right now. Play nice kiddos.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: April 24, 2011, 04:23:50 pm »

Okay, I'v just been told somebody called swartteam2 logged on without whitelist access. What's going on here?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2665 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:07 pm »

I whitelisted him.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 24, 2011, 05:07:04 pm »

Is it really necessary for people to post screen shots? Really we only need to know if they can be trusted as opposed to how good an architect they are...
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

DwarfWalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 24, 2011, 05:33:14 pm »

Hey again guys,

Decided to make a cathedral sort of thing to try and get on this whitelist, I'd love to build a coordinated project with everyone else.

Here they are, there's 5 images and I wouldn't mind some criticism because I don't know if I should add something else to it or what i should change.

Looks good in nighttime, I placed lightstone below the bottom window blocks so all the windows are illuminated from bottom up.
This looks incredible, but does it fit with the plan?

If it doesn't, it should do, its perfect for the theme.

EDIT: Wait, so you were showing us this to be whitelisted? Its not on the server?

Drat, I'm retarded :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:59:11 pm by DwarfWalrus »
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 24, 2011, 07:00:33 pm »

Yes, we should do it! Also, dragonshardz is building some Temporary (wooden) minecart bridges & tracks etc to make spawn -> construction site, mine <-> construction easier.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:12:33 pm by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 24, 2011, 07:12:10 pm »

We made quite a lot of progress with covering the desert earlier, it's not finished but I'm off to bed. Maybe it'll be done when I get up ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:15:47 pm by sizeak »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 271