No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 359026 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: MULTI MODE MADNESS! +3 GB RAM!
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2010, 11:11:37 pm »

I was thinking of creating a new map and putting the spawn point in a small cave deep below the earth. I guess we'd have to spawn lumps of wood occasionally, until somebody found the surface.

But... what's to stop someone just digging/building a spiral staircase straight up? It probably wouldn't take more than 3 minutes to find the surface that way.   ???

Oh, and the game seriously needs to re-add death. I managed to fall off the world ("silly internet, load those chunks faster! How dare you tempt me with visions of magma caverns beneath the surface!" *pause* *jump*)... and it turns out, you don't die. You just sit there, standing on nothing, until you disconnect. Which was totally hilarious, but kind of annoying.  :o

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2010, 02:15:04 am »

I was thinking of creating a new map and putting the spawn point in a small cave deep below the earth. I guess we'd have to spawn lumps of wood occasionally, until somebody found the surface.

But... what's to stop someone just digging/building a spiral staircase straight up? It probably wouldn't take more than 3 minutes to find the surface that way.   ???

Oh, and the game seriously needs to re-add death. I managed to fall off the world ("silly internet, load those chunks faster! How dare you tempt me with visions of magma caverns beneath the surface!" *pause* *jump*)... and it turns out, you don't die. You just sit there, standing on nothing, until you disconnect. Which was totally hilarious, but kind of annoying.  :o

Oceans.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2010, 04:48:02 am »

Oceans.
But then they could just swim to freedom...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2010, 05:29:16 am »

Hmm... I managed to kill a pig, apparently, by trapping it under water - the lake refroze while the lil' piggy was practicing his snorkeling skills, and next thing I know there's meat at the bottom of the lake. Still can't seem to punch them to death, and I've heard that swords don't work too well either. I guess mobs are currently Bronze Colossi - if a sword doesn't work, look for a truly dwarfy solution instead.  ;D

Other than that, traversed a neat cave system all the way to the lava lakes, only to find that someone else had partially explored the cave. Hope you don't mind me intruding in the depths, whoever you are. (It's the road system leading left out of spawn, if that helps.)

It was me, I posted about it in the post above, Exploring them is fine, it's why I built the road to them. I thought they were pretty epic. I like the underground spawn idea though PTTG
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:39:38 am by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2010, 08:47:52 am »

Just found a dungeon, my first in any version. Took the mossy cobblestone, destroyed the chest only to find 7 gunpowder. There is a pig spawner down there, though no pigs.

The caverns under the castle I'm building are pretty huge. They most likely join with the ones you were exploring sizeak as you're not far from me.

For anybody interested, the castle:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've not built such a large cobblestone building before, I tend to build smaller stuff and different materials. I don't know what to do with the inside.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2010, 09:02:06 am »

Yeah I explored your castle the other day, it's really impressive!
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2010, 11:07:47 am »

Cheers sizeak.

I just finished another building. Inspired by the reed farm under the lake I turned a small pond into this:

I'll definitely be using fences like I have in that top shot again.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2010, 01:14:31 pm »

I've gotten some questions about item hacking and exploits. I will not ban anyone for using an external utility to make items, or otherwise hacking them in. Exploits too. However, using hacked items to cause trouble is just as bad as not using hacked items to cause trouble. Particularly when hacking in things like dynamite.

In the future, when SMP is more fully functional, this will be reviewed.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RichardTheWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Bloody Nora!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2010, 04:03:35 pm »

So guys, I was thinking of buying minecraft as it looks to be an interesting game. The only thing I am worried about is that it may get boring quickly and I'm still undecided as to whether or not I buy it, The website was a little vague about what the game is like in general.

Can anyone persuade me to buy it? It does look like a fun game  :D

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2010, 04:08:05 pm »

Try the free classic client on the website. In the paid version you can do loads more but it will give you an idea of what it's like

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2010, 05:00:57 pm »

You could also check gooncraft.net, to see if eg. Malux is streaming.

Should make it easy to see what minecraft is.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2010, 05:37:16 pm »

I played with TNT and learnt my lesson (away from any ones buildings) -_-

RichardTheWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Bloody Nora!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2010, 05:55:45 pm »

Ok I watched a bit of that Gooncraft streaming thing, it seemed alright. What does everyone on the forum generally do? Build forts and things like that?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »

Usually, towers are a big favourite to. On the last map I built a mountain hall, nuke built a big compass tower and a light house. Some people just build hoses. On the current map someone has built a giant castle thing, some towers and I used to much TNT when clearing away the mountain below my tower and ended up destroying half of it :/

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2010, 06:12:40 pm »

Look back through the thread, lots of people posted pictures and stuff. We really just make anything we want though.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 271