No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358252 times)

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Snowout is NOT OVER
« Reply #2085 on: March 01, 2011, 11:43:43 pm »

Just visited the server last night after not being able to play for months due to an issue with my wifi card. HOLY LIGNITE BINS have you guys been busy! I wandered around for a couple of hours just looking at all the amazing stuff that's been built, and now I'm afraid to build anything because every time I think I've found undisturbed land, it turns out to be somebody's lawn.

Please don't get mad if I punch one of your trees; I'm trying to leave stuff alone if it looks like it belongs to somebody, but I've got to get tools made somehow.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 02, 2011, 12:22:20 am »

Destroying trees that are above ground is quite okay, so long as you re-plant them! :P

Special note about trees that are underground: It is generally best to leave them alone. Underground trees are normally planted for a purpose, and cutting those trees down is not kind to those who put them there. It's not that easy to get a tree to grow the way you want it to underground...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:20:19 am by shadowsofwhite »
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 02, 2011, 06:26:39 am »

Just visited the server last night after not being able to play for months due to an issue with my wifi card. HOLY LIGNITE BINS have you guys been busy! I wandered around for a couple of hours just looking at all the amazing stuff that's been built, and now I'm afraid to build anything because every time I think I've found undisturbed land, it turns out to be somebody's lawn.

Please don't get mad if I punch one of your trees; I'm trying to leave stuff alone if it looks like it belongs to somebody, but I've got to get tools made somehow.

If you want plenty of open space just hop on the Moria line and keep going till you see Birch trees. Theres huge stretches of unclamed land.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 02, 2011, 06:31:18 am »

Birch trees? I seriously need to do less building and more exploring
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:21 am »

You should explore near Eden valley, there's a lot of awesome places. Just stop at Planckwood station, and follow the trail.

In the spoiler: pumpkins! :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 02, 2011, 01:18:59 pm »

Dropped by to have a look at this before I went out and I have this to say.

WOW.

Very nice massive temple/mansion/whatever thing you've got greeting new players there =p

Two questions.

1 - Does this have monsters turned on? The area I was in when night fell was too lit for any to spawn.

2 - What times do people tend to be on? Seemed deserted when I was on since no-one answered a greeting and I've forgotten how to view players online in SMP >_>
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 02, 2011, 01:33:59 pm »

1) Yup we have mobs
2) Only OP's can list players in vanilla Minecraft

Also glad you like the server! :D
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 02, 2011, 01:44:38 pm »

Very nice massive temple/mansion/whatever thing you've got greeting new players there =p

That was Grand Central, the central station in the server railway network. Still under construction, I'm afraid.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 02, 2011, 01:49:12 pm »

It's a temple to the railgod.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 02, 2011, 01:53:04 pm »

It's a temple to the railgod.
RAILS FOR THE RAIL GOD!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:24 pm »

Had a longer walk around. The server is cool but with me being in the UK theres a bit too much lag if I try to dig/use a chest/talk for me to play easily.
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2096 on: March 02, 2011, 05:55:10 pm »

Hey, try out port 6666 on the server. I'm running the nether server as an experiment. This will not be permanent!

EDIT: It's now a temporary demo of a specially generated floating island map. Check it out and tell us what you think. Are the underwater or flying islands better? Would it be better without the "lamps"? Bigger or smaller islands?

<<<71.197.77.6:6666>>>
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:49:13 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Dual Servers Test!
« Reply #2097 on: March 02, 2011, 08:03:49 pm »

Once I get ungrounded I will be back.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 02, 2011, 10:47:30 pm »

Hey, try out port 6666 on the server. I'm running the nether server as an experiment. This will not be permanent!

EDIT: It's now a temporary demo of a specially generated floating island map. Check it out and tell us what you think. Are the underwater or flying islands better? Would it be better without the "lamps"? Bigger or smaller islands?

<<<71.197.77.6:6666>>>

In my opinion, both underwater AND flying islands, bigger islands tough. And those "lamps".. we could do without.
if possible, different biomes. To fix the falling sand problem, sandstone underneath is a must. Or dirt.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Dual Servers Test!
« Reply #2099 on: March 02, 2011, 11:23:25 pm »

I can remove the lamps, but other changes are not possible with the generator I have. I'm trying to get the source code.

Note that without the lamps, the underwater islands are pitch black.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 271