Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Invasions?  (Read 894 times)

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More Invasions?
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:13:22 pm »

Is there any way to make the game send you more ambushes and sieges and such? I'm open to any way, including making new types of things to invade me like werewolfs or elephants or something. I've had this fort for like 6 years and only 1 seige. :(

Lord Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Invasions?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:23:24 pm »

If you're using an already-generated world, I don't think that there is any way to get more sieges to turn up, other than getting a lot of fortress wealth or something. But, if in the future you want more sieges to turn up (i.e. in later generated worlds), then you can just increase the number of civs, I think. Or you could make sure that every civ is always at war with you.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:52:32 pm »

In 40d, only one civ per race would attack you, so no matter how many goblin civs were around, only one would send sieges at you.
However, if you add in more races, they will siege at the same time, and I do believe they won't fight anybody but you, either.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:12:30 pm »

The easiest way to mod in extra sieging entities is to make copies of the goblin entity (you don't need to copy the goblin creature) and give them all different names (e.g. [ENTITY:GOBLIN], [ENTITY:GOBLIN2] etc.) to prevent duplication errors.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:42:05 pm »

The easiest way to mod in extra sieging entities is to make copies of the goblin entity (you don't need to copy the goblin creature) and give them all different names (e.g. [ENTITY:GOBLIN], [ENTITY:GOBLIN2] etc.) to prevent duplication errors.

So doing that will cause multiple goblin "Races" basically that all act independently? Is there anyway to make other races form civs and attack, like werewolfs or whatnot to make it more fun?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 09:46:19 pm »

Also, if you feel like adding a lot to your game. Look into Deon's Genesis mod. It adds a lot of great content.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 12:44:26 am »

Also, if you feel like adding a lot to your game. Look into Deon's Genesis mod. It adds a lot of great content.

Im a noob at this. Can I use the Genesis mod with 31.12 so trainign and combat works? or is it a standalone version.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 12:46:45 am »

Genesis is already updated to 31.12 and it's distributed as standalone regardless.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 12:50:19 am »

Genesis is already updated to 31.12 and it's distributed as standalone regardless.

Okay =)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 08:58:21 pm »

In fact I believe the latest version includes werewolves that will pretty much rush you more or less...at least from the sounds of the description...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 05:03:16 pm »

You can make other races attack you by copying the goblin civ, and then changing this line:
[CREATURE:GOBLIN]

to whatever creature you desire, e.g. [CREATURE:WEREWOLF] .

This will also make the civ tend to babysnatch, however.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod