Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70123 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 3 refuses to stay dead
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2010, 04:54:34 pm »

Also, you seem very angry today.  It's rather a switch from your much more passive playstyle until this point.  Any particular reason why?
Not particular, I am always angry.

Not during the first two game days.  At least not to this extent.  Although with your new(ish?) avatar, I'm not surprised.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2010, 04:56:50 pm »

Alright, that's what I figured. Is there any other way to do it, or is it purely a combo with defending said person? Any way to block those who don't leave their house to act, like (I assume) the dreamwalker?

EDIT:
You did this explicitly to spite me, didn't you? How is being this abrasive helpful?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2010, 05:02:38 pm »

Alright, that's what I figured. Is there any other way to do it, or is it purely a combo with defending said person? Any way to block those who don't leave their house to act, like (I assume) the dreamwalker?

As far as I can tell, no and no.  Guard is the only mentioned role-blocker (which doesn't preclude scum roleblockers, although I'm 98% sure that mine was a guard) and there isn't a role that obviously blocks the stay at home roles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2010, 06:56:03 pm »

ToonyMan, you've been sort of switching between semi-lurking and not helping. I don't think you've actively hunted scum much at all, and the only attempt I recall is asking me about my waffling over Org day 1, then getting into a pointless, drawn-out discussion with Mr.Person throughout all of day two. You've put up a few good points, but they're just interjections, not actual scumhunting. Do you feel you've been helping town at all?
Yeah I think I'm helping town a lot.

ToonyMan is scummier than I thought. His back-and-forth with Mr.Person, followed by claiming it was Mr.Person who liked to "drag simple arguments out," composes the majority of his activity. Not only is he not helpful, he's incomprehensible when he does post. Almost Org-like.
I did more than that.

This is every post of yours up to that point, barring the two OOC posts:

Spoiler: RV Q&A (click to show/hide)
(Day 2)
Spoiler: Pun Quip (click to show/hide)
(Day 3)

As you can see, while you've got a decent number of posts, most of them are one-liners and/or not very helpful. In terms of raw posts, about half of it's back-and-forth with Mr.Person. The fact that he's now dead didn't strike me as suspicious until now, but it's true you were mostly left alone before this.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but the current Eduren/Zombie situation is pretty much the only thing making me think you're not scum.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2010, 07:06:12 pm »

EDIT:

NONE OF THAT

Merely an attempt to be silly and irreverent. I was trying to diffuse the situation with Humor.

I crit-failed.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2010, 07:16:52 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Archangel: Toaster
Eduren: ToonyMan
JanusTwoFace: Solifuge
Jokerman-EXE: Eduren
Solifuge: JanusTwoFace
ToonyMan: IronyOwl
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 06, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »

((Watchin' this thread- dont mind me))

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2010, 07:35:39 pm »

I crit-failed.

Did you quick-edit again?  You should abuse the 'Preview' button.  Would potentially save you most of your edit troubles.

That being said, which of the possibilities you presented earlier do you think is most likely?  Specifically after ToonyMan explained (more or less) why he doesn't think that Eduren is a priest.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2010, 07:58:21 pm »

-super snip-
Is this suppose to show something?  I know what I post.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2010, 09:01:01 pm »

Warlock allows me to speak with one dead person each night.
I did not speak with Org N1, since he's scum and would have no incentive to yield information.

I am still reading through the past two days, as I haven't had a chance to since Wednesday night (only partly my fault).

If you have questions that weren't answered by my first two sentences, please help me out and repost them.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2010, 09:27:00 pm »

Finished my first read-through.

Impressions are:

Solifuge should be lynched, if not mod-killed, for blatant and intentional violation of the no-edit rule.  Humorous or no, that isn't something that an experienced player should be guilty of.

ToonyMan is trying very hard to craft a tale of zombies in such a way that, guilty or no, myself and Eduren cannot oppose him without "proving" his accusations.  While the accusation itself would be believable on its own, combining it with the assertion that opposition = confirmation is a scummy tactic dripping with logical fallacy and an overeagerness to get potential confirmed townies lynched.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2010, 09:50:31 pm »

ToonyMan:  That's a bold claim.  While there's certainly a lot we don't know about what we could be facing, it seems unusual to me that a zombie would make another zombie out of a dead person.  Don't they traditionally make them out of live people?  Are you sure you read your PM right?

Solifuge:  You never answered me.  Why did you post that blatant WIFOM?  You're being very town unfriendly with your actions lately- please tell me you're not doing your "act scummy to see who votes me" thing on D3.

Lonewolf:  Did your PM indicate anything amiss with either your resurrection or who might have been watching?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2010, 09:52:27 pm »

If you have questions that weren't answered by my first two sentences, please help me out and repost them.

Are you a zombie?

ToonyMan is trying very hard to craft a tale of zombies in such a way that, guilty or no, myself and Eduren cannot oppose him without "proving" his accusations.  While the accusation itself would be believable on its own, combining it with the assertion that opposition = confirmation is a scummy tactic dripping with logical fallacy and an overeagerness to get potential confirmed townies lynched.

Be careful.  Even if you aren't a zombie, that doesn't mean that Eduren is completely cleared.  He could easily be a scum Priest trying to clear himself by raising you.

ToonyMan, does your ability require you to target a specific dead person?  If so, why did you choose Lonewolf I over Org or Pandarsenic?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2010, 09:58:10 pm »

Oh right: Lonewolf, you didn't answer this:

How do you plan to change your game, since it got you lynched D2?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29