Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70001 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 2 hates 3rd parties
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2010, 06:17:46 pm »

Huh... apparently you missed that whole bit where I've been voting and attacking him directly? Way to latch onto a single statement, while blinding yourself to anything else that's been said. Research, my man. Do it before the words come out of your fingers next time.

When IronyOwl responded to your attack and then you posted without saying anything about IronyOwl, I assumed you had dropped the attack. I suppose giving you the benefit of the doubt wasn't very smart of me, so another major FoS for Solifuge for attacking IronyOwl then dropping the attack while claiming to still be attacking.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 2 hates 3rd parties
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:57 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Eduren: JanusTwoFace
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Lonewolf I: Eduren, IronyOwl, Mr.Person, Toaster
Mr.Person: Lonewolf I

As the sky darkens Mr. Person and Eduren haul Lonewolf I up to the gallows.

"You guys aren't listening to me!" he wails, "I'm not one of the bad guys!"

"Yeah, yeah, we've heard enough. We'll know the truth soon enough" says Eduren, sourly.

"But-" his voice is cut off as Mr.Person kicks the stool out from under his feet.

With a sharp crack Lonewolf's body sags lifeless from the rope.

Searching the body you don't find any symbols like the one on Org. Worry grows among you, and you head off to his house. Maybe clues of his dark allegiance would be found there?

At his house you find scrolls and tomes of ancient knowledge. Rituals to speak with the dead, wards against shades, and other knowledge befitting a Warlock. His private journal seems to indicate that he was as clueless about the threats facing the town as the rest of you. It seems he was innocent after all.

You grimly leave the house and head off to your own abodes. Few of you will sleep well with an innocent man's death on your conscience.

Night 2 has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Night 2
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2010, 01:15:56 pm »

The morning dawns cool and wet. But the clouds seem patchier now, and you have some hope of seeing the sun before the day ends.

Looking around you, you notice that Mr.Person has not joined you. So, once again, you head off to inspect his house.

You find it empty. The door is locked, but opened in a fairly simple if destructive manner. Inside you find sparse furnishing. The only ornate object is a medal hanging from a peg near the wall, showing that Mr.Person had served long as one of the town’s Guards.

You can only wonder if he was slain last night while performing his duty to the town.

Dismayed, you head off to begin the day’s trial.

Once back at the center of town you are shocked to find Lonewolf I alive and sitting on the steps of the Town Hall. He seems rather shocked himself, and is busy stuffing his face with a chicken leg. He says he’ll tell you what he knows soon.

Day 3 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 3 refuses to stay dead
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2010, 01:28:19 pm »

Eduren:  I still think you are scum.  Can you convince me that you are not, show that any of the points I've raised against you are incorrect, or find someone scummier?

Multiple "more later" claims (you know it's a pet peeve of mine) without delivering.  Lurking.  Changing his day 1 story, bandwagoning.  Scummy.

Lonewolf I:  Welcome back.  Do you have anything you'd like to share with us from your (rather interesting sounding) experiences?

Eduren, IronyOwl, Mr.Person, Toaster:  Lonewolf I has been proven town.  (Unless something went 'horribly wrong', I'm still paranoid from my role PM last game.)  Anyone can make mistakes, but I'd be most interested in how this affects your scum lists.

You know who you are:  You chose poorly.  More so than you realize.  I'll explain if/when we decide to mass claim.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2010, 01:35:39 pm »

Eduren:  I still think you are scum.  Can you convince me that you are not, show that any of the points I've raised against you are incorrect, or find someone scummier?
Can I convince you if I claim Lonewolf's resurrection without anybody counter-claiming?

As for my scumlist, mine has been thrown into disarray. With Lonewolf proven town, I have little to go off of.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 06, 2010, 01:46:45 pm »

Eduren, IronyOwl, Mr.Person, Toaster:  Lonewolf I has been proven town.  (Unless something went 'horribly wrong', I'm still paranoid from my role PM last game.)  Anyone can make mistakes, but I'd be most interested in how this affects your scum lists.
Mr.Person's dead, Jim.

It's slightly strengthened the suspicion I had that Solifuge is unhelpful town rather than scum, but otherwise it's just informed me that there's one more scum out there than I thought. Hence, it's indirectly strengthened the need to expand my search.

I'm still curious in Jokerman-EXE's responses to my questions, since he's been semi-lurking, bandwagoned, then tried to drop the issue without further incident, even after admitting my points were "pretty valid." Seems like he's trying to make nice, which is a bit suspicious.

JanusTwoFace, you've been pressuring lurkers a lot, but haven't been doing much actual scumhunting. This post seems like a change of pace, but why such a focus on lurkers earlier? I understand why they're bad, I just don't understand why you didn't seem to focus on much of anything else.

ToonyMan, you've been sort of switching between semi-lurking and not helping. I don't think you've actively hunted scum much at all, and the only attempt I recall is asking me about my waffling over Org day 1, then getting into a pointless, drawn-out discussion with Mr.Person throughout all of day two. You've put up a few good points, but they're just interjections, not actual scumhunting. Do you feel you've been helping town at all?

Archangel, god damn it man. I shouldn't have to explain why having less content total than this particular post is a bad thing.

NINJA:
Can I convince you if I claim Lonewolf's resurrection without anybody counter-claiming?
Priests only have one rez, right? That would significantly affect the implications of such a claim.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #201 on: August 06, 2010, 01:58:26 pm »

As for my scumlist, mine has been thrown into disarray. With Lonewolf proven town, I have little to go off of.

Just to be sure, are you actually claiming that?

If that's the case, it won't make me 100% sure of you by a long shot.  I know for a fact that the scum could easily have a Priest and could raise a townie in effort to look good.  However, I think a more risky gambit that I'd expect you to pull, so I'll unvote you for the time being.

I would still like an explination for these:

Reply #127 - Suspected me day 1 on gut feeling (which never came up day 1), bandwagon on Lonewolf

And you really should get around to that nice solid in-depth scum list you've been promising for a while.

Mr.Person's dead, Jim.

I really want to know than, but that really doesn't help unless someone either brings him back or speaks with him while dead.  (=> :-\  Oops.  I just copy/pasted from the last vote count without actually reading it.)

It's slightly strengthened the suspicion I had that Solifuge is unhelpful town rather than scum, but otherwise it's just informed me that there's one more scum out there than I thought. Hence, it's indirectly strengthened the need to expand my search.

Why?  I thought the exact opposite with Mr.Person winding up dead.  And how many scum do you think are out there?  I'd expect three in a game this size, plus maybe one more third party.

JanusTwoFace, you've been pressuring lurkers a lot, but haven't been doing much actual scumhunting. This post seems like a change of pace, but why such a focus on lurkers earlier? I understand why they're bad, I just don't understand why you didn't seem to focus on much of anything else.

Why does everyone always say that?

I don't like lurkers, but I also don't think I've been going only after lurkers.  Org wasn't lurking, just refusing to be useful (more of active lurking).  Solifuge was lurking, but the pressure vote seemed to work and I moved on.  Eduren was scummy in addition to the lurking.

And if this post isn't scum hunting, I really don't know what is.  I scumhunt.  I've been correct 3/3 so far (Org, Lonewolf I (ish), one related to the Mr. You Know Who Are comment).  People just seem to echo this opinion over and over again anyways.

Oh, it also doesn't help when half the players are borderline lurkers or worse in most games anymore... >:( :P

That all being said, vote Solifuge.  First, based on my previous list.  Then add in that Mr.Person had two major FoS's for Solifuge yesterday and ended up dead.  Seems scummy enough for a vote to me.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2010, 02:38:09 pm »

I unvoted, and D2 ended before I got back to the thread. I now have a track record of being too late to the vote. :D

Lonewolf, since we all know you are/were a Warlock, what exactly does/did that allow you to do? Also, I'm eager to hear your stories FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE, even if you don't get to chat with other dead folks anymore.

As for Irony, what about my playstyle has changed that made you shift from "he's the scummiest of the scumburgers" to "he's just unhelpful". I notice it's the exact same progression you made after pressuring Org. It's not that I'm suspicious, but I must inquire as to the inner workings of you brain there.

Janus. You've played with me often enough to know full well that I'm less moronic than to kill off people who've been suspicious of me when I'm Scum. I go for people who exhibit signs of being leaders or organizers, or barring that, nix some outliers that no one will miss, or are likely to care about. However, since I'm aware of this trait and making it public, this renders the whole thing Null. I could be doing it for WIFOM.

I admit though, I'm curious what inspired this gambit:
You know who you are:  You chose poorly.  More so than you realize.  I'll explain if/when we decide to mass claim.

Suppose this means you want to be rendered lynch-immune until we get to Mass Claim, then?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2010, 02:42:53 pm »

Yes, I am claiming Priest and that I rezzed Lonewolf.

As for my Day1 behavior, I apologize. I was using the "more later" excuse because I literally had nothing solid. It is true that I had a gut feeling concerning you, but thats all it was.

Day2, I disagree that I bandwagonned Lonewolf. I had a legitimate attack on him and he was being highly dismissive. Of course as the Day approached to a close I became less and less sure of his scumminess because I saw no attempt to save himself. I however did not back off because I had already determined to rezz the first townie available. I figured that if I was wrong, I could just bring him back.

I think that Solifuge and Jokerman are the scummiest so far.

Jokerman has done nothing but throw out weak attacks. When he voted me yesterday, he backed off instantly. He tried to attack IronyOwl, but eventually dismissed it as him being a newbie. Who do you think is scum?

Solifuge, aside from not participating in D1, really only attacked IronyOwl on the basis of "defending Org". And while he pointed out that Janus and IronyOwl were being buddy-buddy, he promptly took his vote off of IronyOwl and hasn't voiced any new suspicions yet.

Soli-EDIT: And you are still just casting suspicion on those two. Who is scum and why aren't you voting them?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2010, 02:53:51 pm »

After reading through the game again, I've come to some further conclusions:

JanusTwoFace worries the hell out of me. He was the second vote on Org, in addition to being helpful, so he's either town or perfectly positioned scum. It's probably paranoid to worry so much about the second, but this is mafia after all.

Archangel has been more helpful than I thought- he had a fair amount of content earlier in day one. It doesn't change the fact that he's been lurking a ton lately, but he had actual conversation going on earlier, and my claim that my last post was greater than all of his combined is patently false.

ToonyMan is scummier than I thought. His back-and-forth with Mr.Person, followed by claiming it was Mr.Person who liked to "drag simple arguments out," composes the majority of his activity. Not only is he not helpful, he's incomprehensible when he does post. Almost Org-like.

Why?  I thought the exact opposite with Mr.Person winding up dead.  And how many scum do you think are out there?  I'd expect three in a game this size, plus maybe one more third party.
Lonewolf proved that town can make bizarre, nonsensical statements for no particular reason. More importantly, the notion that if nothing's happening you don't need to participate is unfortunately common, even amongst town, and his attack on me seemed like it could have been out of anger at me for threatening to lynch him and/or desperation to look useful. It seemed a bit too brazen for clever scum, so I'm leaning towards useless town.

He's still firmly in the No Big Loss pile, but I get the feeling he's not outright scum.

Why does everyone always say that?
Most of your activity has indeed been pressuring lurkers. You've gone after other things, certainly, but most of that has been somewhat vague, or just mentioning something rather than an outright attack or question.

That said, you do seem to have been doing more than I thought, so I guess it got swallowed up by the prevalence of your lurker pressuring.

Oh, it also doesn't help when half the players are borderline lurkers or worse in most games anymore... >:( :P
Yeah, I know what you mean. :-\

As for scum numbers, I expect there's three scum (two now) and one (former) third party. I had thought Lonewolf was one of the scum, however, meaning there's two still out there, rather than just the one I was thinking.

NINJA:

As for Irony, what about my playstyle has changed that made you shift from "he's the scummiest of the scumburgers" to "he's just unhelpful". I notice it's the exact same progression you made after pressuring Org. It's not that I'm suspicious, but I must inquire as to the inner workings of you brain there.
Nothing changed about your playstyle, I just thought about it more and decided your behavior was too audacious to be scum, and had excuses in each case. Not good excuses, but reasons why they were bad town moves moreso than a convoluted scum play.

Incidentally, it's not the same progression as Org. My feelings on Org were essentially the same as you might feel towards a lurker- he has the potential to stop pulling garbage and be useful, but if it comes down to it, he's useful or he's gotta go. On a related note, you're still in that category.

Eduren, why did you decide to rez the first townie you could?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2010, 03:08:38 pm »

Janus:  Lonewolf was very scummy during day 2, and I was pretty shocked at his town flip.  As far as other people, it didn't have much effect as his actions were mostly solo (or his actions toward Org.)

Jokerman and Solifuge:  I'm curious as to why you two ended the day without a vote yesterday.

Lonewolf:  How do you plan to change your game, since it got you lynched D2?  Did you talk to Org N1?

Archangel: Are you going to contribute today, or are going to continue to evade contributing by throwing around vague statements?  You also failed to vote.

PRE POST EDIT: Yarg, 3 new replies.

Solifuge:  Ok, there's your (weak) no vote excuse.  Why did you even post that blatant WIFOM?

IronyOwl:
He's still firmly in the No Big Loss pile, but I get the feeling he's not outright scum.
Who do you mean here?  I'm not sure.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2010, 03:21:39 pm »

IronyOwl:
Who do you mean here?  I'm not sure.
Solifuge, sorry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2010, 03:35:20 pm »

Addendum: That entire section was referring to Solifuge, despite not mentioning his name anywhere. :-\

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2010, 03:40:28 pm »

Soli-EDIT: And you are still just casting suspicion on those two. Who is scum and why aren't you voting them?

To voice it now wouldn't end well, and I don't want to risk it yet. But I will say that I'm beginning to suspect that Irony's approach is rationally suspicious enough to be that of Town, or a Scum who is very self-aware.

As for JanusTwoFace, I'm trying to peer into your head, at the assumptions you're playing this game with. You approach each day with a pool of players whom you seem to trust, and you try to incense them against one or two others. In your last post, you addressed them as a group (including a player who was dead, which could be a really weak cover for the fact that you'd know they were killed as Scum), and addressed your 'suspects' as another group. That, coupled with a statement that basically equates to "Don't lynch me until the Mass Claim, guys!" while also providing you with a convenient excuse to go last at Mass Claim, really makes you look bad. I know you're a capable and extremely sneaky player Janus. I've seen you weasel your way into a leadership position, and ride the town nearly to a scum victory. I'll reiterate that you hopped in to bus Org too, and rode him hard, making yourself look like a ringleader.

So yes. There you go.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:11 pm »

An Addendum:

Did you know Mr.Person was dead when you wrote that post, or did it slip your mind? This is an honest question, and not a jab.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29