Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70088 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 2 hates 3rd parties
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2010, 01:24:08 am »

Wow, I forgot Archangel was even playing.  Let's hope he does something like tell us his views of the game so far.

Archangel at least posted 3 RL days after Solifuge.  Neither has posted during Day 2 and both have posted else where.  Lurking hard in both respects, no question about it.

Janus:  Do you think your vote's doing a lot of good on Soli?  It looks like a pretty obvious pressure vote, and it's pretty obvious he's not bowing to it.

Anyway, your day 2 attacks consist of anti-lurkers and meta.  Neither avenue of attack is particularly solid.  Coupled with your D1, you're starting to strike me as a sideliner.  Get in the thick of the game and find some scum with us.

If Solifuge gets in here and says anything useful, than it did some good.  If he doesn't, he should get a replacement or be lynched.  He's had plenty of time to post on other parts of the forum, just apparantly not here.

The most suspicious non-lurker right now I'd say is probably Lonewolf I.  There are plenty of votes and attacks on him right now, I don't feel like I have anything more to add.

I'm lurking like an evolved hydrolisk. That is to say, hiding just under the surface, watching everything that goes on above, and waiting to strike.
....or rather I just really hate the Random Vote phase of the game.

I must say, though, I find the fact that you've affixed your attention on lurkers almost exclusively rather interesting, especially when you -repeatedly- make empty threats against quiet players. It's a great way to appear active, and as though you're scumhunting, while actually doing and saying nothing. And it has been an absolutely single-minded focus for you too.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2010, 01:33:54 am »

I'm lurking like an evolved hydrolisk. That is to say, hiding just under the surface, watching everything that goes on above, and waiting to strike.

Bull.  If you don't like the Random Vote stage, than start something else.  Don't just disappear for a week.  Add something to the game.

I must say, though, I find the fact that you've affixed your attention on lurkers almost exclusively rather interesting, especially when you -repeatedly- make empty threats against quiet players. It's a great way to appear active, and as though you're scumhunting, while actually doing and saying nothing. And it has been an absolutely single-minded focus for you too.

It's not my fault that Org refused to respond to my attacks in any sensical manner.  Or that you appear to be doing the same today.  If you actually respond, than I can either continue to attack your responses or move on to someone else.  Until than, my vote stays.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2010, 01:35:30 am »

While I find this partially valid, it's still more useful than you've been. He has at least one attack on a non-lurker, you have... well, counting this you also have one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2010, 01:43:52 am »

...and this brings me to the matter of IronyOwl. SO MUCH Org defense yesterday, either you were doing some convoluted reverse-bussing WIFOM, you're a fairly inexperienced Scum player who doesn't know how bad it looks to defend a fellow scum player, or you're a White-Knighting townie. Take your pick.

Anyway, let's talk about my lurking some more, and regurgitate the same statements over and over, like a broken record. It's a great way to cover absolutely no ground.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2010, 01:49:01 am »

...and this brings me to the matter of IronyOwl. SO MUCH Org defense yesterday, either you were doing some convoluted reverse-bussing WIFOM, you're a fairly inexperienced Scum player who doesn't know how bad it looks to defend a fellow scum player, or you're a White-Knighting townie. Take your pick.

Could you provide a quote for this please?

All I can find of IronyOwl that might be taken as defending Org is his conversation with me at the end of the day.  I at least take that more as wanting to lynch Lonewolf I than defending Org.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2010, 01:53:12 am »

Anyway, let's talk about my lurking some more, and regurgitate the same statements over and over, like a broken record. It's a great way to cover absolutely no ground.

I've provided an explanation for that. You haven't explained how you're less suspicious or helpful than Janus, other than to display contempt of the notion that lurking is bad.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2010, 03:26:23 am »

Could you provide a quote for this please?

All I can find of IronyOwl that might be taken as defending Org is his conversation with me at the end of the day.  I at least take that more as wanting to lynch Lonewolf I than defending Org.
If you couldn't see it, then you're either buddying with him, or blind to the obvious.

<DAY 1: RANDOM VOTE CRAP BEGINS TO WIND DOWN>

<ORG STARTS TO GET VOTES>

<MAJORITY IS NEARING ORG>

<VOTES STAY ON ORG; EITHER HE VOTES ORG, OR THERE'S NO LYNCH>

<4 MINUTES LATER>

<ORG DIES, AND FLIPS CULT>

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2010, 03:28:50 am »

(Double Post, for Legibility)

I've provided an explanation for that. You haven't explained how you're less suspicious or helpful than Janus, other than to display contempt of the notion that lurking is bad.

I didn't realize we were trying to prove that we were Town here, IronyOwl. I was under the impression that we should be voicing our suspicions, analyzing other players, and scum hunting. Maybe we have different priorities.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2010, 03:47:18 am »

Actually, lemme rephrase that. What makes you think IronyOwl is bussing?
He spent about a whole page (15 replies) back and forthing with Janus.

Bull.  If you don't like the Random Vote stage, than start something else.  Don't just disappear for a week.  Add something to the game.
Plus the fact that this is Day 2.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2010, 04:37:51 am »

<DAY 1: RANDOM VOTE CRAP BEGINS TO WIND DOWN>
I was trying to get Org to be useful. That's why I explained in exact detail why his argument didn't work, rather than stating he was scummy and moving on.

Or you know, lurking the rest of the day.

<ORG STARTS TO GET VOTES>
I didn't change my mind, I preferred lynching him to not lynching anyone. You, on the other hand, had your vote on a random person that day, so I guess it makes sense you either wanted or didn't mind a no lynch.

<MAJORITY IS NEARING ORG>
Org had been involved in more productive conversation than you. I have no issue whatsoever claiming that Org was more useful to town at that point than you were, intentionally or not.

<VOTES STAY ON ORG; EITHER HE VOTES ORG, OR THERE'S NO LYNCH>
Two quotes ago, voting Org when he was "gaining votes" was suspicious. Now it's suspicious that I'm hesitant to? And I thought jumping on Org because everyone (read: almost enough people for a lynch but not quite) else did it was suspicious?

<4 MINUTES LATER>
Obviously, I preferred lynching Lonewolf to Org. I see being okay with a no lynch is still suspicious now, have you finally made up your mind? It'd have been nice if you'd decided this day 1 at some point, else my hemming and hawing would have been irrelevant.

<ORG DIES, AND FLIPS CULT>

I honestly thought Lonewolf was blatant and obvious scum, but between refusing to show up day 1 and then pulling this crap, you're giving him a run for his money.

Oh yes:
(Double Post, for Legibility)

I didn't realize we were trying to prove that we were Town here, IronyOwl. I was under the impression that we should be voicing our suspicions, analyzing other players, and scum hunting. Maybe we have different priorities.
Here we go again. Yes, we are trying to prove we're town. We are trying to prove we are town. This avoids getting us lynched instead of the scum.

But yes, given that I asked numerous questions and engaged in verbose explanation of why I thought someone was scum, and you imperiously declared that the royal personage would not be attending but ye royal vote shall remain, I think it's safe to say we have very different priorities regarding voicing suspicions, analyzing players, and scum hunting in general.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2010, 08:20:53 am »

Solifuge:  Why did you wait until several people were pressuring you before you posted your arguments?  They're all based on D1 and the very beginning of D2, yet you don't bring them out until now.

IronyOwl:  The only way we should be proving we're town is by negation- when we find out all the scum and put a noose on them, then everyone else proven town.  Remember, if you're a dead townie when all the scum die, you still win.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2010, 11:08:48 am »

Solifuge: I disagree with your interpretation, but at least you're posting.

One final comment: the middle four of IronyOwl's posts are all from our back and forth at the end of the day.  Like I said before, I think that he's telling the truth that he'd have prefered a Lonewolf I lynch but would rather an Org lynch than no-lynch.

If that's the case, that's a serious hole in your argument.

unvote

I'm going to read back through everything.  I'll be back in a bit.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2010, 11:42:31 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
IronyOwl: Solifuge, ToonyMan
Lonewolf I: Eduren, IronyOwl, Mr.Person, Toaster
Mr.Person: Lonewolf I

Day 2 ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2010, 12:22:33 pm »

That was fun.  *Please* don't quote this entire post, it's long enough to be post once.

Summary of scummitude for all non-me surviving players:

Spoiler: Solifuge (click to show/hide)
Scummy for disappearing so long.  A little better now, but seems to be mostly in defense mode with some attacks on IronyOwl.

Spoiler: Jokerman-EXE (click to show/hide)
Ignorance can be scummy, but I still don't think it's bad in this game.  The attack on me based on rather extreme evidence is troublesome.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Don't really have anything.

Spoiler: Mr.Person (click to show/hide)
Scummy for multiple policy lynches.  I agree with you on both cases, but at least I'm pushing them rather than just condemning them.

Spoiler: Lonewolf I (click to show/hide)
Others have stronger attacks on him.  The biggest problem is that 141 posts into the game he hasn't found anyone scummy.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
A bit hypocritical.  Don't particularly like his attacks on me, so it goes.

Spoiler: ToonyMan (click to show/hide)
Being *way* too quiet.  Doesn't really seem to be trying to find scum, just a poke at IronyOwl and than defending his position to Mr.Person the entire rest of the time.

Spoiler: Archangel (click to show/hide)
Extremely lurky (there's a difference between lurky and extremely lurky).  Changes excuses for not posting.  Disappears.

Multiple "more later" claims (you know it's a pet peeve of mine) without delivering.  Lurking.  Changing his day 1 story, bandwagoning.  Scummy.

Overall, Solifuge, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, Archangel, and Eduren are scummy (ordered by OP, not scummitude).

Eduren is the most scummy of the bunch in my opinion.  I'll admit that a decent part of this is based on my "more later" pet peeve, but also lack of attacks.  If you prove me wrong, I may reconsider my vote.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2010, 12:24:36 pm »

Edit by way of post:
Jokerman-EXE and Archangel, why aren't you voting?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29